Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    How nice of you to volunteer as an English teacher on our poor board, Vivian. I for one truly appreciate your efforts in this regard.

But let us get back to the subject of Communist China, shall we? You say they fear being overthrown by 'liberal-minded students or foreign news planting thoughts in other people's heads'. Are you actually defending the censorship and repression exhibited by your beloved Communists? That's what it sounds like from here.

Hong Kong was a fishing village until it was controlled by the British, which turned it into the most productive and profitable piece of real estate in Asia. That accomplishment had NOTHING to do with Communist China. They just got to reap the rewards when they 're-acquired' it.

the chinese attacks my grammar? well vivian this is a forum and normall people type so fast they do not edit themselves. I happened to be doing dishes and typing that at the same time, so please stop bringing grammar into your debates as most of us are not to worried about ITS effect on the discussions here.
    Dragon, IT'S not just you who have the IT'S/ITS problem.

Well vivian, I am glad to see that China no longer kills those like yourself that speak out.

As for our government not doing it's job, that's exactly why we are involved politically, to force them to do exactly that.
    Normal (with one 'l') people like you who can type and wash dishes at the same time are very admirable. Do you put the laptop on the sink counter? Word of advice: be careful not to get the laptop wet. I once spilled ice tea on to the laptop keyboard, and bye bye laptop.

To elaborate on "it's" and "its", "it's" is an abbreviated form for "it is", like "we're" stands for "we are", or "who's that?" stands for "who is that?" I believe the reason why "its" is confused with "it's" stems from the apostrophe s (or 's) that is added to nouns to denote possession is misunderstood to be the 's for "it's", when the possessive noun is substituted with the possessive pronoun. E.g. the "cat's" priority to laze around doesn't mean "it's" priority is to laze around. ITS priority is lazing around. I hope I've explained well.

People who do not live here, or the politicians who live in their big homes in DC are out of touch with what it's like to take your kids clothes shopping, and realize that even Walmarts prices are sometimes out of our range.
    American Elizabeth, you should try living in Geneva.

PinestrawGuys, I have said before being patriotic to China doesn't blind me to ITS faults like IT'S human rights violations and lack of freedom for ITS people. Please read carefully. There are lovable communists and communists who are not lovable. It depends on the person.

Ask 100 Hong Kong people would they rather be under the British or under China? I am pretty sure all of them prefer to be reverted to China's sovereignty. China doesn't take any money from Hong Kong. HK keeps its own money. Now you should ask Britain did Britain take any money from HK when HK was a British colony?

There are a lot of Chinese Nationals that are brought into this country, through Mexico by other Chinese Nationals, so that they can work in various and nefarious jobs at low or slave wages and make their "sponsors" a lot a money. The only people that do well in this arrangement are the sponsors, not the illegals that brought in for profit.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Vivian wrote:
    There are 11 million illegal immigrants working in the US. Have you thought of what would happen to the US economy if all these 11 million illegal immigrants were deported tomorrow?
    Yeah, the displaced LEGAL American construction workers would get their jobs back!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

There are 11 million illegal immigrants working in the US. Have you thought of what would happen to the US economy if all these 11 million illegal immigrants were deported tomorrow?

Yeah, the displaced LEGAL American construction workers would get their jobs back!
    This subject has been brought up many times. Not only would eleven million of the 14 million displaced American workers who are laid off or unemployed get their jobs back, the eleven million illegal workers would, hopefully, take their wives and kids that they can't support out of this country so that the taxpayers wouldn't be paying for their education and medical care. That would take care of a whole lot of problems. I say fire all of them tomorrow and get the busses rolling!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hong Kong was a fishing village until it was controlled by the British, which turned it into the most productive and profitable piece of real estate in Asia. That accomplishment had NOTHING to do with Communist China. They just got to reap the rewards when they 're-acquired' it.
    To my knowledge, India was a British colony and so were various African countries. Are they as prosperous as Hong Kong is now? It's the people that make Hong Kong as it is, not the British.

Quote:

This subject has been brought up many times. Not only would eleven million of the 14 million displaced American workers who are laid off or unemployed get their jobs back, the eleven million illegal workers would, hopefully, take their wives and kids that they can't support out of this country so that the taxpayers wouldn't be paying for their education and medical care. That would take care of a whole lot of problems. I say fire all of them tomorrow and get the busses rolling!
    Perhaps you should ask the 14 million unemployed Americans, or those Americans who are on unemployment welfare, are they willing to take up the jobs - like domestic helpers, toilet cleaners, construction and farm workers - now occupied by illegal immigrants, even if these American workers will be paid higher wages (since many illegal immigrants are paid below minimum wages, thus illegal wages) than what illegal immigrants are getting? Would American workers take up such jobs, or would they prefer to stay home and collect their cheques? Are there really jobs that Americans "don't want" or Americans would take up all kinds of jobs?

I know in Berlin at least, there are no German taxi drivers. My husband and I were visiting Berlin, we got on a taxi and talked to the driver, asked where he's from, he said he's from Turkey. In the second taxi, the driver said he was from Ethiopia, said no German wants to be a taxi driver. Got on a third taxi, driver from Turkey. On the fourth taxi, driver's from Sri Lanka. Now who sets the wages of taxi drivers?

Which country do you live in now, Vivian ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    See Vivian, that's the thing about 'Globalism'. Everyones standard of living goes up EXCEPT ours. Not cool, IMHO. As for illegal Chinese Nationals in this country, Beijing just yesterday refused to repatriate 39,000 of your fellow Chinese. They did take back 800 LAST year, would you call that inter-governmental co-operation?

You seem to be of a mindset where we should just roll over and let OUR COUNTRY be devoured by 'international' interests. It's not going to happen, Viv. The sleeping giant of 'American Nationalism' is finally being roused from its Globalist-induced stupor.

And not a moment too soon!

We appreciate your support for our cause, Vivian. Although it's none of your business, it's nice to know that other people around the world can clearly see how right we are. I know A LOT of people in England support US, because we've had people from England come here and give US their best wishes for success. I believe many people throughout Europe probably understand very well what our concerns are and are also supportive of US.

We have some great firends around the world. Thanks, Viv.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast