Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They just took my green card, and said I would have to wait in the US for three weeks to appear before a judge who will decide if I can get it back. Since my visit to the US was only for four days - I had to go back to work - I couldn't wait for three weeks. Since then, I just entered the US with a US visa. My mom, who's a US citizen, could apply for me, but I would have to stay in the US for five years, and that is not quite possible for me now because I am constantly moving around.

Vivian,
    Since you re a citizen of China, why do you care what Americans want to do with their borders?
    You should be concerned with the country you are loyal to and stay out of others affairs.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Interesting about the green card, Vivian. But it only stands to reason that you wouldn't be eligible for a US green card if you don't work in the US. That is what a green card is-- like a work permit for foreigners. Sorry for your troubles but the law is the law.

I take it if your Mom is a US citizens that you weren't actually born in the US? Or were you born before your mother became a citizen?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since you re a citizen of China, why do you care what Americans want to do with their borders?
    You should be concerned with the country you are loyal to and stay out of others affairs.
    I thought this is a free forum, anybody from anywhere can join in the discussion. But if this forum is for Americans only, the website should state so and set up a verification system to verify all those who post comments are American citizens. As for staying out of others' affairs, tell that to the Americans.

I was born in Hong Kong. And since I was working in Hong Kong, I couldn't really stay in the US, that's why I did not attempt to get back my green card. I could have, I was asked by the US consulate two times if I wanted my green card back, but I was working in Hong Kong. And since I was living in Hong Kong, it doesn't really make a difference if I have a green card or not. Hong Kong is fine and people live well.

I asked you a question Vivian. It sounds as though you are looking for issues.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    What's really sad about this whole thing, is that all these Mexicans in the U.S. don't prefer to stand up and fight for their own country. Why aren't they marching down the streets in Mexico and fighting for their country ?

I guess they don't think their own country is worth fighting for. It's a large country with many resources, you'd think they'd want to build Mexico into a strong and stable country, like the U.S. or Canada.

I think what they're really lacking is pride.
    Indeed, therein lies the rub! Their government keeps telling them it is white man's fault that the Latin governments are all corrupt... so these governments have found the perfect patsy in the US and telling their unhappy citizens that it is easier to go pick the pockets of the Americans right under their own noses....

Mexicans who like to refere to themselves as "macho" are indeed cowards for not wanting to fight for their own country...
    conservative is but a liberal after a dose of reality...

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Well vivian, I am glad to see that China no longer kills those like yourself that speak out.

As for our government not doing it's job, that's exactly why we are involved politically, to force them to do exactly that. America is based on a majority rule, and the will of the voters. We have not seen our current administration (I voted for Bush, but still think he is doing us a huge injustice by neglecting this major issue) follow the will of the voters, and that is to uphold our immigration laws.

As easily as our state and local representatives have been voted in, we can vote them out if they no longer will represent the will of the voters. We are here together to remind them of that, making them do their jobs, right.

I personally think that our immigration issues have been completely messed up and needs to be revamped. There should be no reason why it should take 2 to 3 years just to get an approval, and this goes to show how messy it has all gotten.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was born in Hong Kong. And since I was working in Hong Kong, I couldn't really stay in the US, that's why I did not attempt to get back my green card. I could have, I was asked by the US consulate two times if I wanted my green card back, but I was working in Hong Kong. And since I was living in Hong Kong, it doesn't really make a difference if I have a green card or not. Hong Kong is fine and people live well.
    Vivian, I didn't mean to pry. I was just curious. Honk Kong is nothing like mainland China, is it? I've been to that part of the world but not actually to Hong Kong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vivian, I didn't mean to pry. I was just curious. Honk Kong is nothing like mainland China, is it? I've been to that part of the world but not actually to Hong Kong.

Hong Kong was a fishing village long ago as part of Guangdong province in the South of China. The Ching dynasty was in decline, China was occupied by foreign powers, and Hong Kong was ceded to the British in 1842. Since then Hong Kong became a British colony and went separate ways from China in its economic development. After the Communist takeover in 1949, China's economic growth was stunted under a repressive regime, while Hong Kong, not under China's sovereignty, went on its own capitalist course, and grew richer and richer. Hong Kong reverted to China's sovereignty in 1997, and it's still almost like two different worlds, except for some places in China like Shanghai which is highly developed and has a standard of living envied by the rest of China. Hong Kong people have a much higher standard of living in a well developed economy run by an effective administrative system. Hong Kong is what China aspires to be. Hong Kong people have more freedoms, and it's not just now Hong Kong people can speak out, we've been able to speak out way before and all along. People don't get killed for speaking out in China, but some political dissidents were jailed. All of China's repressive policies are based on the fear of the Communist regime being overthrown by undesirable forces. But with the opening up of China on the economic front in the past decades, people are starting to have a better life, and along with that the Government is gradually relaxing its restrictive policies, allowing people to have more freedoms. When people are content and satisfied with the government, the government should hardly fear being overthrown. But there are still a lot of people in China living in abject poverty, and that's one of the government's biggest headaches and its national priority.

People don't get killed for speaking out in China, but some political dissidents were jailed.
    I'm glad we don't have to worry about that in America. Yet.
    GWB was talking about all of US "dissidents" yesterday. Says it doesn't bother him, he's used to it, we have the right to criticize him, he says it goes with the territory.

If he means what he said there as much as he means what he says when he says "I'M AGAINST AMNESTY', then we better worry.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast