Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I really need to correct myself in what I said, because WE are NOT "dissidents". We are echoing the voices of the MAJORITY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

Which means maybe it's George Bush who is being the "dissident".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People don't get killed for speaking out in China, but some political dissidents were jailed. All of China's repressive policies are based on the fear of the Communist regime being overthrown by undesirable forces.
    Vivian,

I have heard about governments being so afraid of their own people that seek ways to repress them. I think that many of the middle eastern countries operate that way. Saddam Hussein was afraid of his own people. I know the ME monarchies fear being overthrown and with good reason.

I grew up in the 1950's when Communism was a big threat to the entire world. I think the propaganda tool began to be used then (but it could have been long before then, for all I know) in this country as a means to try to control the people but there were Constitutional limits. Now it seems that some would set aside those constitiutional limits to further repress the people here as the government strives toward globalism.

You have seen two very different parts of the world. What do you think about globalism? Do you have any idea how the Chinese or other Asian people feel about this trend toward us all living out of each other's pockets?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, Viv dear, I know we Americans may seem to you like a bunch of pushovers but please don't mistake our kindness for weakness. You are in for a rude awakening. ENJOY
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

don't get me started on china and it's "national priorities" (like censoring google or any information on tienamen square).

Back to your views on the US and mexico. You are correct in surmising that immediately ejecting 11 million workers could cause a backlash, however take a look where that backlash is. You have these 'workers' in areas such as construction, building maintenance, meat plants, factories, hotels and landscaping. Most of them work for a self-employed proprietor who was only able to start their onw business because they could exploit this illegal work force. Therefore that business is violating the US's laws and the laws of economics meaning that their contributions to society are ill gotten.

And please don't give me this "they work harder and better than american workers" they work for no healthcare and low pay. When a worker gets hurt at a factory they simply fire them, revoke their work visa and report them to law enforcement / INS. Tada no responsiblity to the companies who hire then since there are another 1 million pedros willing to step up and work till they get hurt for the same crappy wages.

So yes some business sectors will be affected but those are not sectors that will be sorely missed or hard to replace with a few better business strategies other than "hire the illegals to lower our cost no one will care"

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Dragon, this is exactly it. Although some businesses may have a rough time initially, they will either pick themselves up, or they will fall. Personally America can do without traitor companies that would rather hire cheap foreign labor, than their own fellow countryman, and pay a decent livable wage.

People who do not live here, or the politicians who live in their big homes in DC are out of touch with what it's like to take your kids clothes shopping, and realize that even Walmarts prices are sometimes out of our range.

Wonder if they know what it's like to struggle to pay overpriced rent, overpriced electricity, and then wonder where you're going to get groceries from?

Wonder if they would like the idea of coming home from work, and realize the only things you have for dinner is some instant mashed potatoes, gravy mix and a can of green beans?

Is this what our ancestors fought so hard for? No, they fought for livable wages, safe conditions and all over better lives, but this is what we have now, pretty much all due to our governments inability to enforce our laws and lack of resolve to do something about the illegal immigration problem.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

don't get me started on china and it's "national priorities" (like censoring google or any information on tienamen square).
    It's crazy but I don't know why English speakers confuse "its" with "it's". Almost everybody has this "it's" problem.

It's = IT IS, "it's" is always "IT IS", it's NOT a possessive pronoun.
    Its = a possessive pronoun in the same category as "his" priority, "her" priority, "our" priority, "your" priority, "their" priority, and what I'm talking about is China feeding ITS population is ITS national priority, which is totally unrelated to other topics: China's human rights violations like the TiANaNMen Square killing or ITS lack of freedom like censoring news. These repressive policies are all based on the fear of the Communist regime being overthrown by undesirable forces - like liberal-minded students or foreign news planting thoughts in people's head, all of which might overthrow the Communist regime. IT'S not what China is too excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian
    It's crazy but I don't know why English speakers confuse "its" with "it's". Almost everybody has this "it's" problem.

It's = IT IS, "it's" is always "IT IS", it's NOT a possessive pronoun.
    Its = a possessive pronoun in the same category as "his" priority, "her" priority, "our" priority, "your" priority, "their" priority, and what I'm talking about is China feeding ITS population is ITS national priority, which is totally unrelated to other topics: China's human rights violations like the TiANaNMen Square killing or ITS lack of freedom like censoring news. These repressive policies are all based on the fear of the Communist regime being overthrown by undesirable forces - like liberal-minded students or foreign news planting thoughts in people's head, all of which might overthrow the Communist regime. IT'S not what China is too excited about.
    Ni Hao

Ni Shi neiguo ren? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma?
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Globalism

What do you think about globalism? Do you have any idea how the Chinese or other Asian people feel about this trend toward us all living out of each other's pockets?

According to Raly, globalism is a phenomenon which the Asians have embraced only too well. Globalism encompasses far too many aspects to give it a definite face.

He writes that in terms of trade, it's mainly due to globalism that many countries in Asia such as China (including Taiwan and HK) South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and many others have increased their wealth and therefore enabling their governments to provide a good life for their people. On the other hand, just like the American car factory workers, there are certain sectors in Asia that are not too pleased with the effects of globalism. Asian farmers for example hate the fact that their produce have become incompetitive due to the presence of subsidized farm products from the EU, US and Japan.

In terms of culture, many Asian traditions are now being eroded in favor of very Westernized MTV culture such as fastfood, western clothes, and very loud hip hop music. I bet kids nowadays in HK know more about Britney Spears or Eminem than Chinese opera.

Globalism has its upside and downside but to me the real question is, do we really have a choice? Can we afford to isolate ourselves from the so called global village just to preserve our ways?

Ni Hao

Ni Shi neiguo ren? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma?

Wo shi Zhong guo ren, sheng zai Xianggang. Wo hui shuo Guangdonghua, Putonghua, hai you Shanghaihua. Ni de zhong wen hen hao. Ni zai na li xue de?

Qiu Jie Ren

the chinese attacks my grammar? well vivian this is a forum and normall people type so fast they do not edit themselves. I happened to be doing dishes and typing that at the same time, so please stop bringing grammar into your debates as most of us are not to worried about ITS effect on the discussions here.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast