Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

We have here 5 pages of nothing but rhetoric of some trying to convince others to give up their constitutional rights.
    I'm not attempting to convince anyone of anything. What I have done is state the facts as I understand them. Rest assured, I haven't frequented biased web sites in my search for knowledge on the subject. However, I have looked at a few of these sites and some of the information being utilized by opponents of the REAL ID Act seem to be coming directly from some of those sites.

Here's some of the facts as we know them:

[quote]REAL ID ACT OF 2005
    DRIVER’S LICENSE
    TITLE SUMMARY

On May 11, 2005, President Bush signed into law the “REAL ID Act of 2005,â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

a tad off topic here.. but I think it fits in this discussion..

http://newteevee.com/2008/03/18/comc...-watching-you/

[quote]Comcast Cameras to Start Watching You?
    If you have some tinfoil handy, now might be a good time to fashion a hat. At the Digital Living Room conference today, Gerard Kunkel, Comcast’s senior VP of user experience, told me the cable company is experimenting with different camera technologies built into devices so it can know who’s in your living room.

The idea being that if you turn on your cable box, it recognizes you and pulls up shows already in your profile or makes recommendations. If parents are watching TV with their children, for example, parental controls could appear to block certain content from appearing on the screen. Kunkel also said this type of monitoring is the “holy grailâ€
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    If all the documents used to get the Real ID are not secure.. how can the ID itself be secure?
    Nothing is 100% secure, but REAL ID will be much more secure than past ID's. And people who present false documents in their effort to get a REAL ID can be prosecuted. Bottom line is many illegals will not even bother to try.
    PLUS, if you read the information through the two links that I provided-----any documents provided to get the REAL ID are going to be verified----not just accepted and automatically approved!!!
    And, pray tell, how do we go about verifying these documents given out by the illegals. Do you actually think they are going to line up and say, here I am, I'm illegal, but I've got documents from my country? Give me a break! The Mexican government is not going to work with us on this. This is exactly my point. It won't do a thing to stop the illegals from coming here, and it certainly won't make them leave. All the REAL ID Act will do is tamper with our constitution, and I ain't buying it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaOnMyMind
    They can put the chip in my body right after they pry the gun "from my cold, dead hands."
    Absolutely! There is no way I will submit to such a thing!

I could agree to the illegals and legal aliens and visa holders, etc having a Real ID, but American citizens should not have to do this. I do not want my every move to be tracked and monitored. We have no privacy any more anyway, this will make it so much worse.

Advances in technology is not always our friend. Plus, can we really trust the government to do anything it says, to use something like this for only the reasons they say? No, we cannot trust them at all.

It's a strange thing they can't keep track of 30-40 million illegal aliens, but they want to identify and monitor 300+ million citizens.

Guess we can all line up and say "Baahh" as we're being branded. NO WAY!
    The problem is 99% of the illegals will not line up to try to get a REAL ID because they know that process will expose their real identities and will expose them to heavy prosecution for fraud.

The reason illegals are called 'undocumented' is because they have no legitimate ID papers.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Still waiting for your answer Dolly.... Why wont you respond? In case you forgot. Here they are again:

Lets ask Dolly to provide her REAL NAME. Mine is not hidden. Why don't you provide your home REAL EMAIL ADDRESS Dolly? Why are you posting on this forum without using your REAL NAME? Do you have something to hide? Why use anonymity on the forum?

How about you Jonathan? Are you afraid of reveling your REAL IDENTITY?

I find it Ironic those who are using this board are using the anonymity of the Internet to post their views but will not revel their REAL IDENTITY. Talk about hypocrisy.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    If all the documents used to get the Real ID are not secure.. how can the ID itself be secure?
    Nothing is 100% secure, but REAL ID will be much more secure than past ID's. And people who present false documents in their effort to get a REAL ID can be prosecuted. Bottom line is many illegals will not even bother to try.
    PLUS, if you read the information through the two links that I provided-----any documents provided to get the REAL ID are going to be verified----not just accepted and automatically approved!!!
    And, pray tell, how do we go about verifying these documents given out by the illegals. Do you actually think they are going to line up and say, here I am, I'm illegal, but I've got documents from my country? Give me a break! The Mexican government is not going to work with us on this. This is exactly my point. It won't do a thing to stop the illegals from coming here, and it certainly won't make them leave. All the REAL ID Act will do is tamper with our constitution, and I ain't buying it.
    Because they are going to verify that it is a REAL birth certificate, SS number, etc.----not just assume that the information provided by the applicant is correct and valid.

And, some of us are not buying all of the conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Still waiting for your answer Dolly.... Why wont you respond? In case you forgot. Here they are again:

Lets ask Dolly to provide her REAL NAME. Mine is not hidden. Why don't you provide your home REAL EMAIL ADDRESS Dolly? Why are you posting on this forum without using your REAL NAME? Do you have something to hide? Why use anonymity on the forum?

I find it Ironic those who are using this board are using the anonymity of the Internet to post their views but will not revel their REAL IDENTITY. Talk about hypocrisy.
    And this is coming from two people who are touting all the glories of bending to exposure of identies with the REAL ID Act.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I saw your message..........But my question to you is........Why should I provide anything about me to you???

I saw your message..........But my question to you is........Why should I provide anything about me to you???
    Why shouldnt you unless you are hiding something. Are you hiding something?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    There is NOTHING from a credible, reliable, qualified source/article indicating that they are going to use a chip.

Also, it is going through-------there is NO debating it. States have until I believe June to comply or request an extension in order to begin to meet requirements to comply.

If they do neither.........The citizens from their states will NOT be able to use their drivers' licenses to board planes, enter government buildings, cross the border, etc.
    Gee, Dolly, you almost sound gleeful with the prospect of this government lining us all up like sheep. Makes me wonder who you work for.
    Sorry, there is no proof that the government is going to line us up like sheep and use the REAL ID for anything except to prevent illegals and potential terrorists from being able to use copied/reproduced fraudulent documents----by providing an ID that cannot be fraudulently copied/reproduced.

I do not work for anyone. So, if someone has a different opinion than the majority of those here---then there must be an ulterior motive??? Does Lou Dobbs now work for someone as well and have an ulterior motive????

So, a lot of people have a problem with the REAL ID.........Yet, nothing is being said about Ron Paul and the fact that he did not sign the SAVE ACT-----and wants open borders, no fence, and nothing in place to hold employers accountable for hiring illegals??
    Ron Paul baiting foul! Everyone take a very close look at Dolly's post here. This is the kind of thing that has heavily distracted our fight against illegal immigration for months. We have begged, pleaded, and then we started banning to get people to stop draggin Ron Paul into every darn discussion we have.

Way to go Dolly. I'm sick of hearing about Ron Paul when people use his name to get in the way of discussion. We are not talking about Ron Paul or the SAVE Act in this thread thank you. That was a low blow hail mary play.

My opposition to Real ID does not have a damn thing to do with Ron Paul or Libertarianism and anyone that would even insinuate that is full of bull crap.

W