Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

my personal reply to Chicano

Chicano,
    You are an American. I am by heritage Italian but my family
    and myself do not call ourselves Italian-Americans. I do not
    speak my families native language nor do I understand it.
    My grandfather said and I quote " We live in America you
    where born in America you will speak English". My husband
    was born in Iran. He came here when he was 4. His family
    filled out paper work and waited for permission to come. I
    know of many families that have waited 4 plus years to come
    here paper work done and they still are waiting. You say
    Mexicans come for a better way of life because of poverty.
    Many say because of its corrupt government and drug cartels.
    But let me tell you that is nothing compared to bombs and
    machine gun fire all around you day and night for to many
    years to count. It is nothing unusual to a military commander
    your home while you are still in it. Gunshots being fired in your
    home while you are still in it. Fear of death because you are
    Christian and not Muslim, or a different Muslim such Sunni or
    Shite. How dare Mexicans brake our Nations laws, march our
    street , fly their countries flag, make demands ,call us racist and
    bigits. The truth is they falsify birthcertificates, still social security numbers, drag down and drain our ecomomy, munipulate the
    welfare programs, under score my childrens school systems,
    drive down wages, and refuse to speak our by vote National
    Laguage "ENGLISH". Every countrie speaks English. My husband
    was taught English in his home country. It is the out right refusal
    to speak and assimilate that is pissing off more and more citizens
    of this country.
    By the way not every black person calls themselves African-American. They are American with no ties to Africa. Born through many
    generations, and guess what? They speak, read and write
    English. Enough is enough companies will pay for hiring illegal.
    I will be one American that stands up and makes the call to report them. Either you are an American citizen or your not. If you are not you must leave. Illegal is Illegal and if you do not know what this word means look it up. From what I've heard it means the same damn thing in any dictionary language.

BRAVO !
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Well said! :P

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Way to go dragonfly.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Very well said dragonfly!
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

Agreed, dragonfly. Very well expressed !
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Well done!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree dragonfly! My monther-n-law came from Switzerland. She and her husband filled out the paperwork, waited 5 years, paid expenses (which were a hardship at the time), learned ENGLISH, took the OATH of LOYALTY and were proud to become legal Americans. She had five children and only taught them ENGLISH! They never considered having to learn English racist!

They worked hard and never used and did'nt abuse social services,never committed fraud, they never demanded bilingual education, bilingual ballots! If your going to join a team you assimulate to the new country and obey it's laws! If it offends illegal aliens to assimulate (the people who call us racist) don't come here! Stay in your foreign countries and keep your language and culture alive and well back home. You will never be considered American to American's if you do not assimuate!

dragonfly - great job.

Even though I am Cheyenne, when my mother died, I was adopted into a Polish family. I was taught to respect the laws of the land. My adopted mother and father were both born and raised in Poland, and even though I spoke Polish first, it was clearly understood that English was the primary language. Never once did I hear of anyone in my adopted family refer to themselves as Polish-Americans.

At age 6, when I went to live with my Cheyenne grandparents, English was still the language in the house. I did learn to speak some Cheyenne but most of my family spoke English.

I have no problem with dual language households. But the key here is dual language. I think it is a good thing to be bilingual. However, the first language should be the country's language.

When I visited my brother in Europe about 10 years ago, I discovered that most people spoke several languages so they could travel from country to country more easily, BUT THEY ALWAYS RETAINED THEIR OWN COUNTRY'S LANGUAGE.

Why is that so hard for anyone to understand?

Hi CheyenneWoman,

When I visited my brother in Europe about 10 years ago, I discovered that most people spoke several languages so they could travel from country to country more easily, BUT THEY ALWAYS RETAINED THEIR OWN COUNTRY'S LANGUAGE.

Why is that so hard for anyone to understand?
    You've read my story, so you know I have NO problem with multiple languages.

IMO, I think part of the problem is respect and alligiance, or lack thereof.

When someone who's immigrated legally to another country shows respect by learning and using their new country's language AND honestly. pledges allegiance to that country...I don't think there is a problem.

It's just when it's DEMANDED of the new country, that everything is provided in the old language, AND then it is....and/or when the alligiance is still in the old country...THAT'S when there's a problem.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast