Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pat:

You are absolutely right. In my mind, being bilingual does not mean you owe allegiance to two countries. It just means, plain and simple, that you are bilingual.

Our primary language is English (or according to the Brits, some form of it). Anyway, that should be the primary language of the land. If people want to learn another language, they have every right to do so.

But their allegiance should always be to their home country!!

I was treated with respect when I visited my brother in Germany, cause I tried (didn't always succeed), to speak a little of the language. The Germans saw that as a sign of respect and treated me accordingly.

In my mind, it's the POLITE thing to do. What's that saying -- "when in Rome" etc.

BINGO!

Courtesy and respect go a long way!!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Here in California being bilingual is important to get a job. But there is no ad in the employment section of our news paper where it says "must speak Portuguese or German or Swedish or Farsi; I'm sure you all get my point. I am an at home mother. My husband works to care for our family. However, I have looked at going back to work. I have gone to college to be a medical receiptionist. But where I live and I'm sure my town is not the only town affected, I look in the ads and see that above all I must be bi-lingual (OKA-only known as) Spanish. Why? I go to the DMV and the auto-mated sign say everything in Spanish and then in English. I recieve an ad from Wal-Mart in the same manner Spanish in bold print and English on the bottom of the page like it was a foot note. This is not a learning tool for new comers. This says its ok not to assimulate! Its outrages that my childrens school academic test score fall every year due to the influx of pampered "I don't want to be educated in English" children of illegal parents. They combine these test and then say our children are failing. When it is actually a failure on the illegal children and their families. Schools of America speak your Nations Language Give in to No One!! Gather together . There are other mothers and fathers that feel the same way get them together and let or English be Heard!!!!!!!!!!

dragonfly,

I want to commened you on a well written article. You pretty much wrote about what goes through my own mind. Thank you.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

You are very welcome Bear Paw.
    I hold the upmost respect for all of you. It feels so good to belong to a group that uphold the same values for their country and countrymen as I do. I am very new to all of this but I have felt this way for along time. I am ready and willing to fight for my Nation, its people, its beliefs and its language. I am a true blue native Cali. women. I am 3rd generation American. My family are Italian and I am proud of this. My allegance stands for ever with America. It is time to change history once again and take back what is and always will be our country. The law is the law and no where around the world does it bother people to gather, in prison or deport unlawful illegals. We will be no different. Multitudes are gathering and backing each other. This gives us strength to make changes. I have never seen an uprising of united citizens of so many ethnic heritages come together to rise against any injustice like this before. This is how I believe our forefathers wanted us to be. We must put back together our Constitution the way it was written and uphold all laws. No more favoritism. You brake our laws you leave point blank. I've had it!!!!!!

Amen, dragonfly!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

dragonfly - Well said and thank you for your first hand accounts of the legal process and also from "ground zero" as some say.

I receive an ad from Wal-Mart in the same manner Spanish in bold print and English on the bottom of the page like it was a foot note. This is not a learning tool for new comers. This says its ok not to assimulate!
    Exactly why this should be termed an invasion. This is a take over. All the sad story articles and examples of "hard workers" is for the most part misdirection from what by and large is really happening.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Dragonfly, you seem to have misunderstood once again what I am advocating. I have repeatedly stated that I believe those people that come to this country SHOULD learn to speak English. But there is no way in hell that I believe they should give up their identity. You can call me hispanic, mexican american, chicano, latino, and they all describe who I really am. Although I am an American, I was raised differently so I have different customs, foods, holidays, and know a different language. If I like mexican food, mexican music, soccer, and speak spanish with family and friends, then what is the problem? Am I suppose to listen to country music and watch baseball so that I can "assimilate?" The reason I support the idea that all people living here should learn english is because english would be what unites us all as americans, regardless of race, color, background, religion, whatever. But you, in my opinion, should not disregard what is valueable to you just so you can "fit in."

Also, you say either you are an American citizen or not, and if not you should be deported. Well, you are wrong. My parents are residents and they will not be deported if madness prevails and the mass deportations begin.

Finally, I have another question for all. It seems that no matter what you say, or no matter what I say, our minds will not be changed a bit. You all, for the most part believe in deportations while I believe in an opportunity. So then what the hell do you want to happen? Do you really want 8-20 million people to become felons and get deported, and if not, then what is your "solution?"

Dragonfly,

What really angers me are the number of 25-40 year olds that I have come in contact with who are clueless or could care less about what is happening in our country. Many are so caught up with the lastest gadget or watching a non thought provoking TV program. They just have no idea what is going on around them. My husband asked a co-worker who is about 35 how he felt about the open border issue. His reply was that he didn't see what all the fuse was about. Geezz... It's people with this type of mentality that scare me the most. They have no concept of what their ancestors died for and gave up in order for him to live the life he and his family enjoys. The illegals aliens flooding into our country feel they are entitled to take what is our given birthright.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    Dragonfly, you seem to have misunderstood once again what I am advocating. I have repeatedly stated that I believe those people that come to this country SHOULD learn to speak English. But there is no way in hell that I believe they should give up their identity. You can call me hispanic, mexican american, chicano, latino, and they all describe who I really am. Although I am an American, I was raised differently so I have different customs, foods, holidays, and know a different language. If I like mexican food, mexican music, soccer, and speak spanish with family and friends, then what is the problem? Am I suppose to listen to country music and watch baseball so that I can "assimilate?" The reason I support the idea that all people living here should learn english is because english would be what unites us all as americans, regardless of race, color, background, religion, whatever. But you, in my opinion, should not disregard what is valueable to you just so you can "fit in."

Also, you say either you are an American citizen or not, and if not you should be deported. Well, you are wrong. My parents are residents and they will not be deported if madness prevails and the mass deportations begin.

Finally, I have another question for all. It seems that no matter what you say, or no matter what I say, our minds will not be changed a bit. You all, for the most part believe in deportations while I believe in an opportunity. So then what the hell do you want to happen? Do you really want 8-20 million people to become felons and get deported, and if not, then what is your "solution?"

This is such BS. I have Latino friends but they are not close, because I am white.

Second hispanics in this country are rude. They are in the U.S and the U.S already has a culture. If you love your culture SOO MUCH, go back to where it orginated. Otherwise it is YOUR duty to assimlate to OUR culture, being that this is OUR country. If they love flying the Mexican flag so much then great, GO TO MEXICO AND FLY IT. It kills me they run from their poor country because of the conditons and hardships they have, but they try to bring the things that failed over there HERE. Now that makes a lot of sense.

Third, I have been in sales for a long time. and I have seen Mexicans and other latinos come to my place of busniess or call up and ask for someone that speaks spanish to help. WHAT? So I have to give up a sale to someone in my store that speaks spanish? In MY COUNTRY? BS
    Then come to find out that they have been living in the country for 10 years and can speak english but dont like to busniess with gringos. FINE.
    BE that way. Two can play this way.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast