Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The recent bill that just passed allowing people with AIDS/HIV into this country makes me really question our immigration policy.

I voted that we should stop all immigration but I'm rethinking that and we should just drastically reduce it. I think children from foreign countries should continue to be allowed to be adopted by Americans. And cases mentioned by some of the posters above.

But we really need to do something about those overstaying their visas. They may be legal when they arrive but once their visas expire they are just as guilty as the rest of the illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Huddy
    I believe the bush administration and corp America are destroying the middle class along with our quality of life. Between free trade taking our jobs and illegal aliens getting the rest, there is no where for the middle class to go.

Our government has failed us, congress has failed us and big business has failed us. Now that's said, I like to know were the hell do we fit in our own country.

I am so mad and frustrated that I keep wishing someone would step up and clean this whole mess up.

There is really no one, so will just have to stay on top of these jerks and try to keep them walking a straight line.
    That's why I'm voting Ron Paul still. Can you go wrong following the Constitution?
    It's not a wasted vote at least. I call voting for those two jerks a waste of a good vote..
    Ron Paul told the truth and many people couldn't handle it.
    Some laughed at him, you laughing now?
    Remember what he said about the Federal Reserve? We are living it now and soon.
    Now Rons not in the race (unless) and now we are screwed. There's no one to vote for...
    We will see the total decline of life as we knew it.
    When asked where you come from, the world will be the answer.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

My feelings towards current Legal Immigration Levels?

Legal Immigration Levels Should be much Higher. 2.82% (47)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should increase slightly. 3.83% (64)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should stay the same. 11.50% (192)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be reduced some. 15.46% (25
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be much lower. 17.91% (299)
    Legal Immigration Should Be at minimal levels. 30.14% (503)
    Legal Immigration Should be stopped. 18.33% (306)

Total Votes: 1669

Higher: 6.65%
    Same: 11.5%
    Lower: 81.85%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Poll

When I decided to participate in this poll earlier today, I did not have in mind that any results would influence the policies of this organization. Just voiced my opinion. Having watched the cumulative effects of illegal immigration for nearly forty years or more, I can no longer tolerate half measures. Sorry if that offends anyone.

WOW! I have read all these comments and agree with all of them. I thought that I was the only one having thoughts to totally put an END to all immigration. Illegals are causing havoc in this country from crime, to taking jobs, robbing health care and to even far as changing American traditions. I am sick and tired of "offending" someone! What about "offending" us? The ignorant politicians are so afraid to speak out and tell the truth about how most of us really feel. I am not just talking about hispanics, muslims want to change everything about us. Praying 5 times a day? What is that costing corporations??? For example, we get repremanded for 2 smoke breaks per day! Bunch of BS!!

In Australia, in order to become a citizen of their country, your trade must be needed to benifit that country. If their citizens do not vote, that citizen gets fined. They have very strict qualifications about becoming a part of that country. There is NO problem with immigration there. I know this because I have an Austrailan friend who is here on a work visa.

I absolutely agree to put a STOP to immigration until it is under control, get RID of the illegal ones here, and have STRICT quailifications after to immigrate here.

The refugees should be grateful to the American people for taking them in. Instead we get "no alcohol or seeing eye dogs" in taxis at the airport! Absolute refusal! Glad our government made that decision for us!!

Why is the media not telling more stories about illegal or legal Mexicans trying to abduct and rape 9 to 13 year old girls? In their country there are no laws to protect children!! They are bringing that here! This is happening all over the country from small towns to big cities. We HAVE to protect out children!

If something is not done real soon, say goodbye to the US as we know it. All of this is really scary for our children!! Thank you ALPAC for putting some light on the subject. God knows that the government nor the media will........

With our economy losing thousands of jobs each week and American families hurting,it's time to either stop even legal immigration for a while or hold it to a very,very,minimal level.The abuse of our visa system,"temporary" worker programs,and illegal importation of illegal workers by renegade employers have all worked together,along with illegal immigration across our borders,seas,and air,to completely disrupt any kind of organization to our immigration system.American citizens are the most gracious of all when it comes to admitting legal immigrants into this country,but it's time for a breathing spell or time out so that we can gain some time to restore order,honor,and limits to the whole illegal immigration nightmare.The American citizens that have suffered so much and been taken advantage of so much by this runaway illegal immigration,they deserve to expect some common sense limits to be considered by their representatives.

Lynne: People overstaying visas is a huge problem as well. In fact in Florida most illegals are actually people who have overstayed visas. We used to read sob stories about them being deported on a regular basis. They are even worse as they have jobs that any legal American could do and are being paid as any legal resident or citizen would. They drive without a license as you need proof of legal residency to get a driver's license.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Lynne: People overstaying visas is a huge problem as well.
    Just to clarify, visa overstayers ARE NOT legal immigrants and never were, they were legal temporary visitors until their visa expired then they became illegal aliens.

Another category are the fraudulent legal immigrants, the ones who enter into fake marriages or falsely claim political persecution. If the government would go after these cases there would be a lot less "legal immigrants" since these people are actually illegal aliens who have not yet been identified as such.

I voted to my surprise

I voted to halt legal immigration which surprised me when I did it as I have always been for legal immigration. I nearly immigrated to Canada at one time but changed my mind at the last moment.

I feel until we get the borders secure and all the illegal immigrants out of the country we should put a moratorium on all immigration since we have more people here now than the country can handle. We are going broke taking care of them, losing jobs because of them, having to hire extra teachers to teach them etc. I sat for four hours in an emergency room with a daughter who had had heart surgery and her heart was beating at 140 beats a minute. The room was full of illegals and they had all the rights. The country is going down the tube because the Federal Government will not enforce the adequate laws that we have and I certainly see no change with the upcoming election.

MaxsLady - Hey, welcome aboard. I feel for you and your daughter by the way too. Glad you could join us; please stick around