Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My feelings were spelled out in a previous post. If we got rid of the 8-12% of our population that is here illegally, it would be noticeable relief. If instead of allowing eternal permanent residency of legals, we required that they become citizens, and disallow duel citizenship, a number of legals would also self deport. IF we limited sponsorship visas to one spouse per lifetime, (yes I have known people, mainly women, who have sponsored two or three) and biological or legally adopted children of CITIZENS (not legal residents), even more would self deport. I believe in order to become an automatic citizen, at least one parent must be a CITIZEN. IF English became a requirement, and we stopped pandering to those who want to change that, even more would leave. What would be left would be the cream that is beneficial to the US.

W, you are correct that those who strongly support illegals would not change their minds no matter what our platform is. However, there are a number of people who are on the fence, and read debates in newspapers and online. The fact that ALL RACES AND ETHNICITIES are welcome if they do it legally has carried weight in debates I have had with these people. I also think it is inaccurate to lump all legal immigrants into one category. I am against importing workers when there are people here that can do the job. I believe in regulating immigration in such a way that our culture is not jeopardized. I really think it is a mistake to stop allowing all immigration, even temporarily.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My feelings towards current Legal Immigration Levels?

Legal Immigration Levels Should be much Higher. 2.64% (59)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should increase slightly. 3.93% (8
    Legal Immigration Levels Should stay the same. 10.63% (23
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be reduced some. 15.73% (352)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be much lower. 17.87% (400)
    Legal Immigration Should Be at minimal levels. 30.92% (692)
    Legal Immigration Should be stopped. 18.28% (409)

Total Votes: 2238

Higher: 6.57%
    Same: 10.63%
    Lower: 82.8%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal Immigration Levels Should be much Higher. 2 %2 %2 % 2.64% (60)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should increase slightly. 3 %3 %3 % 3.92% (89)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should stay the same. 10 %10 %10 % 10.66% (242)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be reduced some. 15 %15 %15 % 15.68% (356)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be much lower. 17 %17 %17 % 17.88% (406)
    Legal Immigration Should Be at minimal levels. 30 %30 %30 % 30.91% (702)
    Legal Immigration Should be stopped. 18 %18 %18 % 18.32% (416)

Total Votes: 2271
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ted Kennedy and Spencer Abraham Increased Immigration

Ted Kennedy was upset that as recently as 1965, Irish immigrants could not always come to America when they wanted because of immigration quotas that were set in the early part of the last century to control any changes in American Culture. Spencer Abraham's father was from Lebanon and also had a problem in being admitted to America. Both Kennedy and Abraham were looking back into history and then passing laws to try and change history which is impossible! Any politician who uses history as a reason for changing modern laws is doing it not out of rational thinking but out of anger at past slights. That is NOT an acceptable reasons or excuse for such action. Kennedy said that his changes in 1965 would not change American culture. BS!! We have seen the changes and they are not finished changing yet!! We need to go back to the laws and understand the reasons for the laws that were in effect before Kennedy and Abraham stuck their noses in. Immigration is the life blood of America, but it MUST be quality immigrants and not some low cost labor reason.
    AMERICAN73

Re: Ted Kennedy and Spencer Abraham Increased Immigration

Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAN73
    Ted Kennedy was upset that as recently as 1965, Irish immigrants could not always come to America when they wanted because of immigration quotas that were set in the early part of the last century to control any changes in American Culture. Spencer Abraham's father was from Lebanon and also had a problem in being admitted to America. Both Kennedy and Abraham were looking back into history and then passing laws to try and change history which is impossible! Any politician who uses history as a reason for changing modern laws is doing it not out of rational thinking but out of anger at past slights. That is NOT an acceptable reasons or excuse for such action. Kennedy said that his changes in 1965 would not change American culture. BS!! We have seen the changes and they are not finished changing yet!! We need to go back to the laws and understand the reasons for the laws that were in effect before Kennedy and Abraham stuck their noses in. Immigration is the life blood of America, but it MUST be quality immigrants and not some low cost labor reason.
    AMERICAN73
    You are correct..WELCOME TO ALIPAC AMERICAN73
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really think it is a mistake to stop allowing all immigration, even temporarily.
    I don't think it would stop when you think about it. There are tons waiting patiently in their home country and have been for years. That halt would merely be to catch-up and allow those people to come. Heck when this last wave of illegals started demanding amnesty they hadn't completed all of them from the last amnesty in the 80's. They were passing people without really checking anything just to get through some. Not to mention there might be those who are here on visas that might change their status, citizens who marry someone from another country or adopt kids etc. Even stopping it, wouldn't really put a halt to it, but enough of a slow down to catch up and work out the kinks and also pick up on the enforcement end of things. I also think it's cruel to have asylum seekers or refugees and have them be here 20 years before they say nope....go home now. I mean that's a huge chunk of your life being put on hold to then deny you. And not to mention enough time to cause alot of turmoil in this country as well.

Welcome here Craziredhead!

Doesn't it feel good to get that off your chest. I swear I'd explode if I didn't have this group ...

Being here will have you knowing more than about illegal immigration.
    You'll get to know what your country does to it's people, day in and day out.
    You can learn the truth vs the total lies that are fed to us constantly.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I am so mad and frustrated that I keep wishing someone would step up and clean this whole mess up.

There is really no one, so will just have to stay on top of these jerks and try to keep them walking a straight line.
    That won't happen sadly.
    Soon we will know what it all was about.
    A bunch of power mongering fatheads are wanting global power/domination and everything is set.
    WE LET IT HAPPEN! IMHO

The near future: Again IMHO
    Economy crashes
    Dollar crashes
    Civil war against our corrupt government
    Detention camps
    Good-bye guns
    Welcome Amero
    Welcome North American Union

I could go on but I'm depressed now.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

AE

WOW!!! I have been really busy last couple of days, and just got to this thread and am REALLY happy to see so many new people joining us.

I personally voted right now, for the minimal immigration level, but am also up for NONE right now. We have so many legal immigrants and since this nation is in a financial tailspin, we need to have a chance to catch our breath, that is AFTER we boot out all of the illegals first!!

There is nothing wrong with us asking our government to simply stop allowing people in for some time, and let America work on regaining our position in the world, as a financial superpower, where we USED to be.

I always love to hear stories from legal immigrants on their American "firsts". It makes me feel really proud, and more so when the immigrants are so happy and grateful to be here. However, this nation is beginning to groan under the strain of so many immigrants, in such numbers are we have never seen before, and we have to ask "when is enough, enough"?

We also need to look into the idea that we are seeing more people coming here who seem to actually abhor the Judeo-Christian ideals that millions of this nations natural citizens adhere to, as well as our own nations beginnings, which were based on Christianity. We have been slowly allowing immigrants to come here and dictate to us, what we will and will not do in cabs, schools, workplaces and sometimes in public, all due to their "dislike" of what we are.

We also need to give a lot of thought, about those already here, and their assimilation process, is it working, are these people adhering to America, or are they simply here to have more for themselves while balkanizing with their own (which tells us when we see enclaves in cities, that we have been too open to more than enough immigrants).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Legal Immigration Levels Should be much Higher. 2 %2 %2 % 2.58% (67)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should increase slightly. 3 %3 %3 % 3.69% (96)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should stay the same. 10 %10 %10 % 10.73% (279)
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be reduced some. 16 %16 %16 % 16.08% (41
    Legal Immigration Levels Should be much lower. 18 %18 %18 % 18.24% (474)
    Legal Immigration Should Be at minimal levels. 30 %30 %30 % 30.63% (796)
    Legal Immigration Should be stopped. 18 %18 %18 % 18.05% (469)

Total Votes: 2599

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast