Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gobits all the things you are talking about was part of the immigration bill that Americans opposed overwhelmingly and was soundly rejected! That should answer your question.

Entering this country illegally has a penalty. There are no asterisks that denote you can stay if you follow certain rules. Apparently that's what many are thinking and are trying to pull off. Absolutely NO to people coming here illegally and putting themselves ahead of people going through the process.

this one gave me a chuckel. if they commited fraud, tax evasion, and ID theft, why the hell are you labeling them "good"?
    That gave me a chuckle..How are these fine upstanding people working ?

Any (legal) employer expects a form of ID. You cant be employed without one..If they have no form of US Citizenship ID..How are they able to work, legally. Where are the documents coming from ?

Kind of hard to get a SS card without being a US citizen.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

gobits...forget everything else for a minute and answer this:

Do you live in a neighborhood that has been taken over by illegal immigrants...mostly illegal immigrants from Latin American countries? Have you experienced what it feels like to stand on your front porch and hear nothing but Spanish all around you? How about the roosters and chickens running and pooping on the roads and sidewalks (in a neighborhood not zoned for livestock, by the way). And how about the dead lawns, the rusted out cars parked on the lawns, and 20-30 people living in a 1-bathroom house, thereby having to defecate in the bushes?

Have you experienced the trash that piles up everywhere because the Hispanics won't or can't pay for trash pickup. Have you experienced the grafiti and the filth? Have you driven up and down your street and watched dozens of illegal alien anchor babies in diapers running up and down the road?

Have you seen the total demise of once green and charming middle-class neighborhoods as the filth and trash take over.

Have you stood in line at the grocery store, only to end up behind a 16-year-old illegal alien Hispanic woman with two kids and one in the oven, and have to watch her pay for her groceries with WIC coupons, and then whip out two twenties to pay for her cigarettes and soda??

These illegal immigrants come from a different culture than ours...and it's very disturbing if you've experienced it first-hand....if you've lived amongst them.

You're probably safely tucked-away in your gated community...whereby the only association you have with these people is to see them mowing your neighbors' lawns (and maybe even perhaps your lawn).

Try living among them. Then come here and spew your bleeding-heart crap and maybe we'll talk.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph
    this one gave me a chuckel. if they commited fraud, tax evasion, and ID theft, why the hell are you labeling them "good"?
    That gave me a chuckle..How are these fine upstanding people working ?

Any (legal) employer expects a form of ID. You cant be employed without one..If they have no form of US Citizenship ID..How are they able to work, legally. Where are the documents coming from ?

Kind of hard to get a SS card without being a US citizen.
    i can see where you are headed with this. "oh every single one of them must be forging documents and using stolen IDs to get the jobs!" yes, for some that is true. however, many employers hire employees without doing all the background checks and without all the necessary paperwork. thats why the immigration bill called for employment verification system.

and you can still pay tax using ITIN number issued by the IRS.

over the years, restrictionists, nationalists, and separatists have tried to re-interpret the 14th amendment to exclude variety of people going back to black slaves, Chinese railroad immigrants, Irish immigrants.

That amendment was actually written FOR the "black slaves", not to exclude them but to make sure THEY were recognized as citizens, not any anchor baby born here willingly by any illegal from anywhere. I hope you aren't comparing current illegal immigrants, or anyone else for that matter, to slaves.

The Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution was passed by both houses on 8th June and the 13th June, 1866. The amendment was designed to grant citizenship to and protect the civil liberties of recently freed slaves. It did this by prohibiting states from denying or abridging the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States, depriving any person of his life, liberty, or property without due process of law, or denying to any person within their jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Most Southern states refused to ratify the Fourteenth Amendment and therefore Radical Republicans such as Thaddeus Stevens, Charles Sumner, Benjamin Wade, Henry Winter Davies and Benjamin Butler urged the passing of further legislation to impose these measures on the former Confederacy. The result was the 1867 Reconstruction Acts that divided the South into five military districts controlled by martial law, proclaimed universal manhood suffrage and required the new state constitutions to be drawn up.

UNWILLING IMMIGRANTS
    Among the flood of immigrants to North America, one group came unwillingly. These were Africans, 500,000 of whom were brought over as slaves between 1619 and 1808, when importing slaves into the United States became illegal. The practice of owning slaves and their descendants continued, however, particularly in the agrarian South, where many laborers were needed to work the fields.

The process of ending slavery began in April 1861 with the outbreak of the American Civil War between the free states of the North and the slave states of the South, 11 of which had left the Union. On January 1, 1863, midway through the war, President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, which abolished slavery in those states that had seceded. Slavery was abolished throughout the United States with the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment to the country's Constitution in 1865.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my questions gobits....(on page 3)
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

You need proof of legal residency to get an ITIN....however that can be faked also!

hey you folks I keep hearing a bad song from the 80's with the chorus "oh what a lonely boy"
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

General Information: Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers were created for foreign investors and visitors who owe taxes but are not eligible for a Social Security number. However, recently a large number of undocumented aliens have obtained ITINs, which enable them to legally file taxes in the United States, even if they lack the appropriate immigration status. The Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax number issued by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) and it is not related to the USCIS or the Social Security Administration. The ITIN is only issued for tax purposes. An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) does not provide the right to work or live in the United States.
    hmmmm, What now Mr. Lawyer
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    gobits...forget everything else for a minute and answer this:

Do you live in a neighborhood that has been taken over by illegal immigrants...mostly illegal immigrants from Latin American countries? Have you experienced what it feels like to stand on your front porch and hear nothing but Spanish all around you? How about the roosters and chickens running and pooping on the roads and sidewalks (in a neighborhood not zoned for livestock, by the way). And how about the dead lawns, the rusted out cars parked on the lawns, and 20-30 people living in a 1-bathroom house, thereby having to defecate in the bushes?

Have you experienced the trash that piles up everywhere because the Hispanics won't or can't pay for trash pickup. Have you experienced the grafiti and the filth? Have you driven up and down your street and watched dozens of illegal alien anchor babies in diapers running up and down the road?

Have you seen the total demise of once green and charming middle-class neighborhoods as the filth and trash take over.

Have you stood in line at the grocery store, only to end up behind a 16-year-old illegal alien Hispanic woman with two kids and one in the oven, and have to watch her pay for her groceries with WIC coupons, and then whip out two twenties to pay for her cigarettes and soda??

These illegal immigrants come from a different culture than ours...and it's very disturbing if you've experienced it first-hand....if you've lived amongst them.

You're probably safely tucked-away in your gated community...whereby the only association you have with these people is to see them mowing your neighbors' lawns (and maybe even perhaps your lawn).

Try living among them. Then come here and spew your bleeding-heart crap and maybe we'll talk.
    its quite amazing, but not unexpected, how someone like you readily assume everything there is to know about a person and be quick to judge on a whim. im no psychologist but i bet it's the same line of thinking that has shaped your unwavering beliefs in this matter.

im not going to give away who i am, but let me assure you i do live amongst these people. i counsel low-income families on a pro bono basis as part of the state program to pay off my law school loan. i live in a studio apartment where 90% of the tenants are hispanic. i know their shortcomings and some of their antics, i f*cking hate as much as anyone, but i also know better that they are not indicative of the total picture. because many of these people are actually charming, decent people who i wouldnt mind having as next door neighbors even if i were living in a gated community as you mention it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast