Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by gobits
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, I'll bite.

gobits...you are a citizen of the United States if you are born here. Where the confusion occurs is that when the Constitution was originally written, clearly the intent was that you had to be born of parents who were also American citizens.

The millions of illegal alien women who flood to the U.S. to pop out their anchor brats, are taking advantage of the fact that our government seems to think there is some ambiguity with regard to this aspect of our Constituion.

So most Americans would like to see an amendment to our Constitution that would clearly state that regardless of whether you are born on U.S. soil, you ARE NOT a citizen of the U.S. if your parents weren't citizens at the time of your birth.

The U.S. isn't a free-for-all, big open party. Nobody has a right to come here without our permission.
    I agree totally. It is making a mockery of our constitution and destroying the very foundation of our country. There should be limits to the liberty and freedom given to illegal immigrants. Making them equal to an American citizen is ridiculous. If that's the case then illegals should be held liable for breaking the law as we are. Coming here illegally is a crime not an activity that should be rewarded. I would say making anchor brats citizen is an award with built in financial advantages.
    again, we are talking about a specific subset of the issue. we're not talking about all the "illegal immigrants" in this country. can people please stay within the issue and stop making irrelevant blanket statements in hopes of avoiding the debate at hand?
    I told you all to ignore this person. I can smell these posters from a mile away.... they beg a question just so they can try to dismantle what you say by using "their" distored view of the constitution..

this person is either a schill for the aclu, la raza or some aspiring lawyer who is trying to make his/her bones..

ignore them....

Its already been shown that the constitutions intent has been subverted... but you know that don't you?

ADVICE, ignore this person. They are not "really" into learning anything, they are here to try and supplant you all because they KNOW that what we do here is in direct violation of THEIR goals... and we are winning and they don't like it.

Piss off.

Hopefully this person's IP can be compared to other instigators and see if there is an association.
    Thanks for your slap to reality. I am new here and just got a little carried away with the dramatics. You are so correct....a baited post.
    I enjoy reading your posts. The information here is phenomenal. Very impressive, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    All I know is if it was all the easy ....... why wasn't this so called "loop-hole" not abused as much in the past? I mean just skip the whole deal of "legal" immigration and just plan your vacation around your due date.. But it has been used and abused in un-believable numbers and illegals are using their children as an excuse to not have to abide by the law. I've read many posts of people from all over the world who admit freely that is what they are doing. If not here then the UK and I've read posts where some are just "country" shopping for the easiest place. If it's not directly for themselves it is for "dual citizenship" for their kid incase they have to flee an area or to make it possible for their children to get here for school and work. I mean it doesn't take a genious to see where this could lead to serious trouble in the future. Citizenship is a privaledge and comming here just for work or just for freebies or just for personal benefit isn't being a citizen. You don't come here and expect to change a country to your homeland. Language or relegion or whatever means. We've got way too many comming here and not assimilating to where this just isn't America anymore. I mean I'm all for diversity if there's something left to unify us......and personally....I don't see it. Don't want to learn English, demand "special" schools for their people, special something here or there , don't want to abide the law.....there's just nothing. Not even dedication to this country because citizenship has become a joke. Just a pit stop. Hate Americans, hate the American way of life, don't want to learn the language.....heck right down to murdering citizens and destroying our communities.
    again, you are making blanket statement accusation.

then what you say to a undocumented person who came to the US at age 5, went through school here, learned english, looks and talks like your average American, went to college and finished it in 6 years because he had to pay for the tuition, and is now out in society with no job? would you tell him to go back to his country even though american is the only place he knows? would you still say to him blame your parents, but we're not giving you a chance to do something with your life?

again, we are talking about a specific subset of the issue. we're not talking about all the "illegal immigrants" in this country. can people please stay within the issue and stop making irrelevant blanket statements in hopes of avoiding the debate at hand?
    I disagree - we are talking about all illegal immigrants here. There is no way to discern between the 'good' and 'bad' illegals and it would be an injustice to those that did go through the process legally to do so. And because that is the situation we're in, it's an all or nothing predicament. That leaves us with allowing millions of drug dealers/rapists/general filth of humanity here with some that are good, or boot them all back to i don't care where.

Also, because i'm an engineer, not a history major, i'm not up to snuff on the origins of the 14th amendment. Doing a quick bit of research, however, i came across this: LINK. [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by gonads for brains

what would you then say to someone who pay their share of tax, earn a living, do their jobs, not commit any crimes, and just trying to live their daily lives contributing to their community? wow, stop turning everything into mindless blanket stereotype accusation. it's a good way to avoid debate and push your beliefs but a reasonable average human being with average intelligence can agree that not everything is back and white.

but to respond to your post, we're talking about birthright citizenship here. we're not talkin about the parents. we're talking about the babies. babies cant pay taxes straight out of the womb. babies cant contribute to the economy, albeit dirty diapers.
    Coming here illegally is a crime, and everything you do while you are here illegally is another crime. It's just that simple.

I think this is not about "babies" this is mostly about college-aged students, who are young adults. They are at the age where they can turn to their parents and ask them why they broke the law, and why they did not do anything to have legal status in this country.

It is the parents responsibility for their children, not the American taxpayer. I don't want my money going to discount college tution when MY OWN family cannot afford college in the state they need to go to for their first year. And our family has been paying taxes for generations, unlike the illegal family who has been scamming property taxes by living in multi-family situations, not paying income taxes yet sending their illegal kids to OUR SCHOOLS for YEARS AND YEARS. And then OUR SCHOOLS have to bend over backwards because the language barrier.

It's a mountain of frustration, cost and law-breaking that deserves to be eliminated immediately. Every illegal needs to leave, regardless of age or length of time illegally being present in this country.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna
    Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    Okay, I'll bite.

gobits...you are a citizen of the United States if you are born here. Where the confusion occurs is that when the Constitution was originally written, clearly the intent was that you had to be born of parents who were also American citizens.

The millions of illegal alien women who flood to the U.S. to pop out their anchor brats, are taking advantage of the fact that our government seems to think there is some ambiguity with regard to this aspect of our Constituion.

So most Americans would like to see an amendment to our Constitution that would clearly state that regardless of whether you are born on U.S. soil, you ARE NOT a citizen of the U.S. if your parents weren't citizens at the time of your birth.

The U.S. isn't a free-for-all, big open party. Nobody has a right to come here without our permission.
    I agree totally. It is making a mockery of our constitution and destroying the very foundation of our country. There should be limits to the liberty and freedom given to illegal immigrants. Making them equal to an American citizen is ridiculous. If that's the case then illegals should be held liable for breaking the law as we are. Coming here illegally is a crime not an activity that should be rewarded. I would say making anchor brats citizen is an award with built in financial advantages.
    I told you all to ignore this person. I can smell these posters from a mile away.... they beg a question just so they can try to dismantle what you say by using "their" distored view of the constitution..

this person is either a schill for the aclu, la raza or some aspiring lawyer who is trying to make his/her bones..

ignore them....

Its already been shown that the constitutions intent has been subverted... but you know that don't you?

ADVICE, ignore this person. They are not "really" into learning anything, they are here to try and supplant you all because they KNOW that what we do here is in direct violation of THEIR goals... and we are winning and they don't like it.

Piss off.

Hopefully this person's IP can be compared to other instigators and see if there is an association.
    yes, i am a lawyer, and not to blow up your mind or anything, but i am a caucasian from california.

and your response is typical of what they call "bigots"....unwilling to listen, dismiss everything that is against their beliefs, and your so called ignorance is the most dangerous weapon of hate.

i am trying to have a civil debate and people like you keep name calling and waving a condescending hand at me to essentially "f*ck off"...america is ashamed.

You must be a very busy lawyer - you don't even have time to type a coherent sentence! Plus spending all this time on message boards when you should be suing a BP agent or police officer for doing their job or something!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by gonads for brains

what would you then say to someone who pay their share of tax, earn a living, do their jobs, not commit any crimes, and just trying to live their daily lives contributing to their community? wow, stop turning everything into mindless blanket stereotype accusation. it's a good way to avoid debate and push your beliefs but a reasonable average human being with average intelligence can agree that not everything is back and white.

but to respond to your post, we're talking about birthright citizenship here. we're not talkin about the parents. we're talking about the babies. babies cant pay taxes straight out of the womb. babies cant contribute to the economy, albeit dirty diapers.
    Coming here illegally is a crime, and everything you do while you are here illegally is another crime. It's just that simple.

I think this is not about "babies" this is mostly about college-aged students, who are young adults. They are at the age where they can turn to their parents and ask them why they broke the law, and why they did not do anything to have legal status in this country.

It is the parents responsibility for their children, not the American taxpayer. I don't want my money going to discount college tution when MY OWN family cannot afford college in the state they need to go to for their first year. And our family has been paying taxes for generations, unlike the illegal family who has been scamming property taxes by living in multi-family situations, not paying income taxes yet sending their illegal kids to OUR SCHOOLS for YEARS AND YEARS. And then OUR SCHOOLS have to bend over backwards because the language barrier.

It's a mountain of frustration, cost and law-breaking that deserves to be eliminated immediately. Every illegal needs to leave, regardless of age or length of time illegally being present in this country.
    So true. The basis is that illegal is illegal no matter what the circumstances. If I refuse to pay taxes to the IRS, see how quickly they will let me know I have committed a crime and it will not be tolerated.

Actually I was expecting the term "racist" not "bigot". Typical response.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

California... Go figure
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    All I know is if it was all the easy ....... why wasn't this so called "loop-hole" not abused as much in the past? I mean just skip the whole deal of "legal" immigration and just plan your vacation around your due date.. But it has been used and abused in un-believable numbers and illegals are using their children as an excuse to not have to abide by the law. I've read many posts of people from all over the world who admit freely that is what they are doing. If not here then the UK and I've read posts where some are just "country" shopping for the easiest place. If it's not directly for themselves it is for "dual citizenship" for their kid incase they have to flee an area or to make it possible for their children to get here for school and work. I mean it doesn't take a genious to see where this could lead to serious trouble in the future. Citizenship is a privaledge and comming here just for work or just for freebies or just for personal benefit isn't being a citizen. You don't come here and expect to change a country to your homeland. Language or relegion or whatever means. We've got way too many comming here and not assimilating to where this just isn't America anymore. I mean I'm all for diversity if there's something left to unify us......and personally....I don't see it. Don't want to learn English, demand "special" schools for their people, special something here or there , don't want to abide the law.....there's just nothing. Not even dedication to this country because citizenship has become a joke. Just a pit stop. Hate Americans, hate the American way of life, don't want to learn the language.....heck right down to murdering citizens and destroying our communities.
    again, you are making blanket statement accusation.

then what you say to a undocumented person who came to the US at age 5, went through school here, learned english, looks and talks like your average American, went to college and finished it in 6 years because he had to pay for the tuition, and is now out in society with no job? would you tell him to go back to his country even though american is the only place he knows? would you still say to him blame your parents, but we're not giving you a chance to do something with your life?
    Yes, I would. He can take what advantages he gained by growing up here and put them to good use in his mother country. Maybe he could effect some positive change there.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".