Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S. 1438 [109th]: Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005
    Introduced: Jul 20, 2005
    Sponsor: Sen. John Cornyn [R-TX]

This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. This bill never became law.
    View Full Text of Bill:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =s109-1438[/i]

Ok, I am totally (new and) confused.
    Why does this petition say "Recently introduced when it was originally introduced in 2005?

The recently introduced bill is :
    [i]S. 1348: A bill to provide for comprehensive immigration reform and for other purposes
    Introduced: May 9, 2007

Sponsor: Sen. Harry Reid [D-NV](no cosponsors)
    Cosponsors: Cosponsorship information sometimes is out of date.
    Last Action: Jun 7, 2007: Cloture on the bill not invoked in Senate by Yea-Nay Vote. 34 - 61.
    View Full Text of Bill:
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... =s109-1438
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

P.S. Recently, Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), and Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ) introduced comprehensive legislation targeting illegal immigration. Called The Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 (S. 143, it dramatically strengthens enforcement and reforms immigration laws.

Grassfire will be presenting hundreds of thousands of grassroots petitions supporting S. 1438. We are urging ALL citizens who want tighter border security to support this legislation by adding their names to our petition:

Grassfire Petition
    Is this website for real?
    http://itisobvious.blogspot.com/2006_04_01_archive.html

Doesn't look to dependable for info. as far as I can tell. More like a joke. After looking closer, are you in posession of the "actual" mailed/web circulated petition? Because all the links on this site lead to the actual petition, just as I signed it, not just a copy of it like seems to be the case on this blog with paragraphs stating the "S 1438" bill inserted. Is this blog the only reference to the "proof" we were spoofed?

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

DinTN,

That's not the only website that posted grassfires press release or e-mail notification. There are several others on the net that have archived an identical copy.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    DinTN,

That's not the only website that posted grassfires press release or e-mail notification. There are several others on the net that have archived an identical copy.

Dixie
    Dixie,

Please proceed to take multiple screen shots of the Petition page and the Press Release copies on the web in different places.

Let's host those somewhere for future reference and point out that Grassfire has removed copies of those press releases from their site.

We need to lock this in before the next supposed supporter comes in the door and calls us liars.

It's bad enough when some group in this movement screws up or does something dishonest or makes a mistake they should correct, but worse still when we get all sorts of mud slung at us for trying to protect our activists and get other groups to shape up on the integrity front.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK, I can take care of that.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    We need to lock this in before the next supposed supporter comes in the door and calls us liars.
    Hope you're not referring to me because I have been a supporter long before I posted to this forum, and I sure didn't call anyone a liar.

Just going by word of advise from here and other forums about getting to the facts before passing judgement on anyone. Aren't you the one who said (something like) make sure you know the facts and the truth?

So because I question Grassfire you jump to the conclusion I also question alipac? Well, ok. I'll search for those other petitions myself and presume the discrepancy between the S. 1438 vs. S.1348 bills was just an error on someones part.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Tarantulas, in spite of my tone, please understand that I am for you, not against you. Don't be insulted by my attitude in the following.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarantulas
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Looking at the current state of non enforcement and the pattern that is well established there is no reason any sane American would believe that new legislation is going to be enforced regarding the departure of illegals 3-6 years down the road.
    The reason to expect enforcement is that the American people are fed up with the lack of it.

To which, the globalists and elitists say, "So what?"

In Johnny Hart's "The Wizard of Id," the king is told, "Sire, the peasants are revolting!"
    To which, the king replies, "So? Make them take a bath!"

The next President had better promise to enforce our immigration laws, in contrast to the way the last few Presidents have failed to enforce them. No one will be elected President in 2008 without an assurance of immigration enforcement. That's my prediction.
    Promises, promises. AFAIK, every president always promises to improve law enforcement.
    Then he swears to uphold the Constitution and enforce the laws of the United States.
    And that's the end of that.

Enforcement has to start somewhere, because the alternative is to keep doing what we've been doing, and we all know that's not working.

What we've been doing is working very well. What the president, his cabinet, the executive branch, the FBI and CIA, the State Department, U.S. embassies, the U.S. Attorney General and U.S. District Attorneys, ICE administrators, CBP administrators, local police and sheriff's departments, the National Guard, and the rest of the military are NOT DOING is the problem.

The law enforcement situation has deteriorated to the point that LEO's don't even bother inquiring about immigration status, because ICE won't come unless there are at least 25 illegal aliens to pick up.

The U.S. Coast Guard patrolled the deltas in Vietnam. Why isn't the Coast Guard patrolling the Rio Grande?

In 1995, under Pres. Clinton, INS completed almost 5,800 employer sanction cases during the year; assessed fines totalling $10.4 million; collected more than $4.1 million in fines; and arrested over 14,200 illegal alien workers. In FY2004, under Pres. Bush, ICE issued only three notices of intent to fine (NIF) US employers for violations of employer sanctions laws, and there were zero (0) convictions.

To say there will never be enforcement in the future because of lax enforcement now would mean that no legislation enacted in the future would ever do any good at all.

That is exactly what we are saying. NO LEGISLATION will ever do any good at all. There has to be impeachment of the President for not carrying out his oath to enforce all the laws of the U.S and to defend the U.S. from invasion and from enemies foreign or domestic.

Have you read 8 USC 12 1154 through 1531? Have you any comprehension of the gross negligence and defiance of the law on the part of the U.S. Executive Branch? It amounts to "Presidential Nullification" of America's immigration laws.

In 1831, U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Marshall ruled that the Cherokee tribe was a sovereign nation within the state of Georgia, where citizens of Georgia could not intrude. Pres. Andrew Jackson responded, "The Supreme Court has made it's decision, now let them enforce it." In doing so he ignored the Court's order and nullified its legal decision. The "Trail of Tears" was the result.

Americans are not going to stand by and watch the illegal alien problem get worse without doing something about it.
    Yes, Tarantulas? And what are Americans going to do about it? Please tell us.

P.S. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. My anger is not towards you, my friend.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Ok, cutting through everything and in simple terms, your saying grassfire did a bait and switch where some of us signed petition "A" and those signatures were attached to petition "B". Is that right?

If so, it really does not matter whether or not you AGREE with petition "B" the point is that signatures were falsely attached.

Isn't "borrowing signatures" kind of like illegals "borrowing SS#'s"?

William you were right to ban links to this crowd. Those who still trust them and feel William has false info, simply go directly there. By allowing links we would be endorsing the site in a way. If there is any doubt that anything is not on the up and up, all links should be banned until we are 100% certain about this crowd. That is MHO

I can't remember if I personally signed any petitions or not, I hope not.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    By the way, I completely agree that the Cornyn-Kyl bill was misguided-at the very least-and should never be enacted. I also think the concept of a biometric identification card should be opposed vehemently. However, I don't think that bill should negate all of the good work Senator Kyl has done over the course of his 12 year tenure in the United States Senate.

Don't take this personal but we could 'forgive' lots of them ,matter of fact we have already and it has all but destroyed this nation .

A vote for lessor of evil is still evil .

He is either all for America or against it,imo . I am so upset with the number of appeasers we have in this nation I would leave if i had a place to go . Someting we need to all understand real good ! WE HAVE NO PLACE TO RUN TO THIS TIME ! THIS NATION IS IN CRITICLE CONDITION AND WE ARE THE ONLY ONES WHO CAN SAVE IT !

Don't feel bad , I let them fool me for years and Im old enough to know better and then some .

I have signed several of their petitions, I hope my signature was not misused.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast