Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grassfire publicized they were using the petition to support the bill via their e-mail alerts. That info may still be posted in our archives here at alipac or it may have been removed when we broke links to grassfire.

We received several posts and emails about the grassfire support for the bill and after a bit we decided to make the announcement you see above.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Grassfire

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should only AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!
    Simple: Because too many voters repeatedly reward irresponsible politicians by repeated re-electing them (giving them a cu$hy 90% to 95% re-election rate since 1996).
    Why should politicians pay any attention to the majority of voters when that same majority of voters repeatedly re-elect them? (as evidenced by Congress' 90% to 95% re-election rates).
    Government won't become responsible until voters do too.

True. But Americans are truly enraged right now. More and more are really paying attention like never before!
    Maybe, just maybe we have all awakened enough, thanks to this issue, that we can turn this horrendous government around and they will really start taking us seriously.
    We can only hope, fight, and let our voices be heard this time.
    (I have a big mouth : )
    Let's beat this new attempt to take our soverignty away from us! We smeared them last week, we can do it again!
    NumbersUSA.com
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Quote Originally Posted by DinTN
    True. But Americans are truly enraged right now. More and more are really paying attention like never before!
    Maybe, just maybe we have all awakened enough, thanks to this issue, that we can turn this horrendous government around and they will really start taking us seriously.
    We can only hope, fight, and let our voices be heard this time.
    (I have a big mouth : )
    Let's beat this new attempt to take our soverignty away from us! We smeared them last week, we can do it again!
    NumbersUSA.com
    Yes, Americans are becoming more and more enraged by the day. More and more people are rallying to our cause.

Every day, I am finding people talking about this, extremely angry and upset.

"between 800 and 900 e-mails a day from readers"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/15/ ... index.html
    POSTED: 7:22 p.m. EDT, June 15, 2007

WASHINGTON (CNN) --
    ....But no issue in recent memory has united conservative bloggers like the debate over immigration. Their frustration has culminated in a full-scale revolt against the Bush administration and a Senate bill that activists say does little to solve the country's border security problems.

....Erick Erickson, managing editor of the popular conservative blog RedState.com, says he receives between 800 and 900 e-mails a day from readers, most of whom are "enraged" by the White House's immigration efforts.

"Of all the issues the president has picked to make his hill to die on, he has picked the one that has divided his base," said Erickson, who lives in Macon, Georgia. "I am shocked by the anger and outrage out there ... You've got war against the president within the Republican party."

.....said Erickson. "I know people who are boiling with rage that the president has been beating up his own side over this bill but won't take the bully pulpit to beat up Democrats over the war."

Blogosphere ready for round two

Which begs the question -- is Bush a lame duck among bloggers?

Said Morrissey: "I think that they are going to continue to support him on the war on terror. As for the rest of it, they are looking for ways to reshape the party agenda going into the next election. That's a nice way of saying they are going to consider him irrelevant."
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

I support Grassfire and I don't believe the allegations being made about them. I see them doing positive things. I delivered close to 200,000 signatures that Grassfire collected for my state senators and they delivered by overnighting the signatures in a nice binder for us to present.

Grassfire now has the TV ads and I think they are quite effective. I don't see that kind of impact from a lot of other groups. I also support Roy Beck of NumbersUSA.

I support the groups who are making things happen and taking the "build it and they will come" approach vs the hand out - give me money first before I do anything approach.

I don't believe the allegations made here and I would like to see proof to back it up...

The real problem is people like William who are attacking other groups. Sorry but I am breaking ranks here and I am sure I will hear from William but I am very tired of hearing from Alipac all these bad things about other groups with information that is not more than rumor. It is VERY unproductive and hurts the movement overall and I would like William to knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthiness
    I support Grassfire and I don't believe the allegations being made about them. I see them doing positive things. I delivered close to 200,000 signatures that Grassfire collected for my state senators and they delivered by overnighting the signatures in a nice binder for us to present.

Grassfire now has the TV ads and I think they are quite effective. I don't see that kind of impact from a lot of other groups. I also support Roy Beck of NumbersUSA.

I support the groups who are making things happen and taking the "build it and they will come" approach vs the hand out - give me money first before I do anything approach.

I don't believe the allegations made here and I would like to see proof to back it up...

The real problem is people like William who are attacking other groups. Sorry but I am breaking ranks here and I am sure I will hear from William but I am very tired of hearing from Alipac all these bad things about other groups with information that is not more than rumor. It is VERY unproductive and hurts the movement overall and I would like William to knock it off.
    You calling us liars Ruth?

You can disbelieve this if you like. That is up to you. But don't come here calling us liars.

If you want to go around supporting and following any group that tells you what you want to hear while doing something completely different in reality, then that is up to you.

What is described here is what actually happened. If you have some proof otherwise other than your desire for people to not have conflicts in our movement, then post it right up.

We will do all we can to protect our supporters and properly advise them about other organizations.

If more people were to do that, instead of just trying to close their eyes and ears, then we would have less abuses in our movement.

William Gheen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ruth,

Here is the petition many of us signed...

http://www.grassfire.org/42/petition.as ... 5457&NID=1

Notice it says

[quote]#2 -- No Amnesty. I oppose any form of amnesty for illegal aliens, including the “temporary workerâ€

Oh, and by the way Ruth....

I know you are probably upset after going to Washington with those ladies that tried to lie their way into a big rally in DC where they lied saying 10,000 would show and only 100 did. But you should know, I could have been a lot less kind when the Washington Post called me for comment.

Instead of getting into the details about how their march was doomed from the start because they put out a string of lies to try and build it up, I talked about how our resources were focused on other things.

Now, we just have to hope that headlines around the country and communications from our opposition into Senate offices do not seize on the fact they promised 10k but only had 100 people with you outside the Washington Monument.

If those are the type of people you want to run with Ruth, then more power to you.

But you will not be happy with or around ALIPAC as we stick to the truth as our only hope for victory.

William

It looks like they are using " Secure our borders " statement as a cover to hide their real agenda
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast