Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BTT
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

No it doesn't. Rather than "legitimizing the illegal work force," it turns them into people who know they will eventually have to leave the US, and makes it possible for every law enforcement officer in the country to become the agent of their removal.
    The illegals already know they aren't supposed to be here in the first place. Those illegals who came here under a tourist/guest/whatever visa, know they are supposed to leave and they stay anyway. Either way you look at it, they already know they are not supposed to be here, yet that doesn't seem to make them inclined to obey our laws.

Which is exactly what the problem is, they do not and will not leave.

We really don't need anymore laws that make them illegal, it's a waste of time, energy, money, and paper to restate what's already crystal clear.

Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) already gives state and local law enforcement the authority they need. The problem is they get no support from the federal level and many times even being told they have no authority, when they really do.

Add in the obstacles such as it being voted to build the fence, but NOT fund it.

What I don't get is, what is the point of taking all this time to propose new laws instead of using the time, effort, money, etc. to actually enforce the laws we already have.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    We really don't need anymore laws that make them illegal, it's a waste of time, energy, money, and paper to restate what's already crystal clear.

Section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) already gives state and local law enforcement the authority they need. The problem is they get no support from the federal level and many times even being told they have no authority, when they really do.

Add in the obstacles such as it being voted to build the fence, but NOT fund it.

What I don't get is, what is the point of taking all this time to propose new laws instead of using the time, effort, money, etc. to actually enforce the laws we already have.
    There is no point, of course. What we have is a bunch of useless posturing from Congressmen and Senators who want to make points with their constituents. Congress can only pass laws; it cannot enforce them.

The President has made it perfectly clear that the Executive Branch (DHS, ICE, CBP, the National Guard, and the military, active and reserve) will make only a half-hearted effort to enforce the existing laws, 8 USC 12 §1154 through §1531, until the Executive Branch has laws more to its liking, i.e., "immigration reform."

United States v. Smith, 27 F. Cas. 1192, 1230 (C.C.D.N.Y. 1806) (No. 16,342) (Paterson, Circuit Justice) (regardless of statutory authorization, it is "the duty . . . of the executive magistrate . . . to repel an invading foe") (12); Mitchell v. Laird, 488 F.2d 611, 613 (D.C. Cir. 1973) ("there are some types of war which without Congressional approval, the President may begin to wage: for example, he may respond immediately without such approval to a belligerent attack") (13); see also Campbell v. Clinton, 203 F.3d 19, 27 (D.C. Cir.) (Silberman, J. concurring) ("[T]he President has independent authority to repel aggressive acts by third parties even without specific statutory authorization."), cert. denied, 531 U.S. 815 (2000);id. at 40 (Tatel, J., concurring) ("[T]he President, as Commander in Chief, possesses emergency authority to use military force to defend the nation from attack without obtaining prior congressional approval."); Story, supra note 9, § 1485 ("[t]he command and application of the public force . . . to maintain peace, and to resist foreign invasion" are executive powers). http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/warpowers925.htm
    As long as the President has at least 50 Senators backing his inaction, he is impeachment-proof, even if he does not protect the country from invasion. Apparently, the administration has worked the numbers on Senators up for reelection and expects a 50 Senator stronghold against impeachment for not enforcing the immigration laws to remain past January.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

I signed a petition with Grassfire two days ago against the new Kennedy Amnesty bill. I sure hope that my name is used for that and nothing else.

I did not know this information. Thank you for informing us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    From the emails I've been getting from them recently (and I held off acting on them) it looks like they're more interested in cashing in on donations. Every single one is asking for money.

I only post here occasionally and have time only to casually lurk. But today, I visited this topic for the first time and holy cow, what an eye-opener! I receive Grassfire emails all the time but intuitively became suspicious about six months ago and moved them to my junk mail area for review prior to deletion. Now I know they're about fund raising and politics without real "grass-roots" concerns. I plan to "unsubscribe" at their next mailing. Thanks William for being so alert. And I'm gonna' have to spend more time here to be better informed.
    '58 Airedale

This is hardly a surprise, Crocket and I were being scrutinized when we were trying to warn people about signing petitions and we caught grief for it. We all need to watch who these people are affiliated with, otherwise we will be working against our own cause. I am surprised we still allow the impeach Bush thread too, since there are links to the ACLU. Think about it!

Good thread.I am glad it got bttt.

I rarely sign petitions anymore, or get involved with groups that aren't established. When I first started this years ago, I was so eager, that I signed everything, and tried to join everything. Lesson learned the hard way and I got burned quite a few times. Even with ALIPAC, I was probably here lurking for a year before I really started posting.

Anyway, read the fine print and do your research before jumping in head first.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Grassfire

Quote Originally Posted by anniealone
    Good thread.I am glad it got bttt.

I rarely sign petitions anymore, or get involved with groups that aren't established. When I first started this years ago, I was so eager, that I signed everything, and tried to join everything. Lesson learned the hard way and I got burned quite a few times. Even with ALIPAC, I was probably here lurking for a year before I really started posting.

Anyway, read the fine print and do your research before jumping in head first.
    Ive been on the Grassfire list for a year and have had no problem with
    it. I sign every petition that I can. Dont we need all the help we can
    get since no one in WA is listening to us.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast