Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

the real problem is all we have is garbage to chose from.
    (duncan hunter is not garbage but he isn't even included)
    because of this everyone is digging through the garbage called presidential candidates trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    I don't think we should be hard on Numbersusa.com.,
    they are trying to work within a system that is crap from one end to the other.
    the alternatives are of course no to be mentioned.
    Numbersusa needs more support not less.
    this will be year the Enforcement movement collaspes if we do not find a clear path for success.
    so perhaps we shouldnt be so quick to attack our own.
    okay?
    you see Americans don't have to like each other ,we just have to realizen we need to come together against a larger enemy.
    we are all a bit burned out from having to fight the Senate non-stop for the last two years. It's been awful, and now we have a bunch of garbage running for president ....

Banned

We came together, Roy left the room.

It takes two to stay together, Roy just asked for a divorce.

See you in court Roy.

Someone mentioned this before - that Huckabee's touchback plan is so ridiculous, it will never pass. I'm guessing Huckabee will try to "pass" his "plan" which will of course fail. Then he will say "I tried to enforce the law but it just doesn't work" and then he will pass an amnesty. He will say he tried to follow the pledge but it wasn't workable which is why we need attrition through enforcement, not a "round 'em all up" plan! We can get enforcement measures passed, and as Fred Thompson says:

"They found their way here, and they can find their way back!"

This endorsement is crucial for Huckabee and we need to get it stopped!
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    btw
    Romney running strong anti illegal ads here in Vegas today
    I'm glad to hear this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I strongly suggest that Apache is here to try to take out Numbersusa.
    Numbersusa and the leadership of Roy Beck stopped Amnesty not just once but several times.
    if he was unethical he would be running for President but he's not.
    Banned

Related story. Note, you can leave comments for this story by clicking in the below link:
    -------

January 16, 2008, 9:08 PM
    Huckabee Has Someone Else Do the Knocking
    (CBS) From CBS News' Joy Lin:

TIGERVILLE, S.C. -- Mike Huckabee signed a big placard with a "No Amnesty" pledge in front of members of the press.

"You know, I think sometimes people have misrepresented my position not on the past, but also present and I think its important to be very clear," said Huckabee.

"People read the plan that I have, they shouldn't have any doubt. But not everybody reads, so I'm going to put it on this big board, let folks read it loud and clear and know that our plan is not amnesty or sanctuary city plan, it is the proper plan for the rule of law"

Huckabee kept his hands clean as the the sponsor of the pledge attacked Huckabee's opponents, calling them out by name. Roy Beck, founder of NumbersUSA, explained his non-profit does not endorse candidates and instead rates them with a sixteen category grade system. But Beck continued, "Every candidate, in both parties, says he or she is against amnesty. So then you have to ask, are they speaking English or is it political-ease"

Beck grouped John McCain with Sens. Ted Kennedy, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton for supporting "massive rewards to allow illegal aliens to keep the things they broke the law to steal - it allows them to have permanent residency and American jobs."

"We have found in the last couple weeks is that Senator McCain and Mayor [Rudy] Giuliani have, instead of moving to the direction of siding with a pledge like this...have actually moved in the other direction. Both Senator McCain and Mayor Giuliani have made very clear that, after deporting, maybe 2 million illegal aliens who have broke other laws, they would allow all the rest to stay in this country permanently and keep their American jobs"

Asked if he thought McCain should sign the same pledge, Huckabee declined to answer.

"I'm not going to speak for him. I have trouble enough speaking for me," he said. "Now if I thought I could mess up speaking for him, I'd go ahead and speak for him and mess up, but I'm not able to do that today so I won't."

Huckabee stepped aside after the question was redirected at Beck.

Beck: "We've had very civil discussions with Senator McCain and his staff last week again offering it but I think he made it clear in the South Carolina debate last week that at least 10 million illegal aliens ought to stay here permanently."

At an earlier press conference, Huckabee clarified remarks he made yesterday calling for a "hiatus" of and a "permit" for immigrants coming from countries with state sponsored terrorism.

Steering away from the word "hiatus," Huckabee said, "I think we just need to do a more thorough job of insuring that when people come here and they come from nations that have been designated by the State Department as terrorist nations, that we are dilligent in the background search," Huckabee said
    , reiterating the point that 19 hijackers on 9/11 entered the country legally and overstayed their visas.

Asked if he was singling out Saudi Arabia in his comments, Huckabee said, "Well the Saudis are not designated as a terrorist nation but I think we have to realize that money that the Saudis have has gone to madrasas that have trained those in terrorism...I think we need to be more explicit with the Saudis in our displeasure and also, again, it goes back to my point that one of the ways we have the authority to be more diligent in our demands is that we reduce our need and consumption of their oil. And the sooner we do that, the bolder we can be."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/16 ... 2198.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    btw
    Romney running strong anti illegal ads here in Vegas today
    I'm glad to hear this.
    The ads are good and Romney is coming here for a couple days

I think he had this state wrapped up and I wish he would have
    stayed in SC and strongly contested that state instead of
    rolling over and letting McClown walk away with it

Of course we don't know thats whats going to happen but at
    this point JMO , he should be in SC batting McCain over the head
    on his amnesty record

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/huck ... 11608.html

Sorry if this is redundant info as there are several threads running now with related subject matter...

[quote]
    More explanation from Roy himself:

Report by Roy Beck, Executive Director of NumbersUSA
    and President of Americans for Better Immigration

(January 16, 200 I just returned from a day in Greenville, South Carolina where I monitored campaign rallies of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.).

(Please see item at the bottom of this about Sen. Thompson, Gov. Romney, Rep. Paul and Rep. Hunter.)

Newspapers and internet news purveyors are beginning to report on a press conference held late afternoon at North Greenville University in which Huckabee signed a No-Amnesty pledge sponsored by Americans for Better Immigration, which rates Members of Congress, congressional candidates and Presidential contenders on immigration issues (see our Presidential Grid).

I spoke at the press conference and thanked Huckabee for making it clear that he (1) opposes allowing millions of illegal aliens to remain in the United States and that (2) he would not give them any special path back into the U.S. once they are caused to return to their home countries.

I began my remarks to a busload of journalists and photographers by noting that we never endorse candidates, will not be endorsing anybody in the Presidential race and that my appearance at the press conference should not imply endorsement. Rather, my participation today was to congratulate Huckabee for his expression of willingness to make an iron-clad pledge against amnesty and for attrition through enforcement.

We have offered to appear at a signing like this with any candidate who will take the pledge. Gov. Huckabee contacted us several days ago expressing interest in discussing the pledge and signing it.

Here is the pledge:

I pledge to oppose amnesty or any other special path to citizenship for the millions of foreign nationals unlawfully present in the United States. As President, I will fully implement enforcement measures that, over time, will lead to the attrition of our illegal immigrant population. I also pledge to make security of our borders a top priority of my administration.

We allow candidates to take our suggested language on the pledge and mold it to their own style but subject to our approval.

Before accepting this pledge, I emailed the following assumptions contained in the pledge to which Huckabee would have to agree. Staff responded that they were accepted. I then met with Huckabee today to ensure that we were both on the same page and to shake hands on the following agreement:

Governor Huckabee understands his pledge to mean that:

1. The 12 million illegal aliens now here will have to go home.

2. They will not get any legal status while here that allows them to remain long-term.

3. Once in their home countries, they may apply for re-admittance to the U.S. as immigrants, visitors or temporary workers through normal channels.

4. But they will not receive any special privileges on the basis of their having been in the U.S. illegally, such as being put to the front of a line.

5. There will be no new categories or programs through which they may re-enter.

6. There will not be an expansion of green cards in any existing categories that will speed up their movement to the front of the line.

I told the governor that each of those items deals with a trick that one lawmaker or another has tried to use on the American people over the last four years. I told him that I had to be able to assure the 530,000 activist on-line users of NumbersUSA that I had specifically gotten his assurance that he would reject any of those tricks.

It should be noted that most illegal aliens would not qualify to stand in any existing lines, particularly under Huckabee's overall plan which advocates for the elimination of the chain migration category for adult siblings and an end to the visa lottery.

My prepared statement at the press conference included this:
    “Every candidate claims to oppose amnesty, but few define amnesty the way most Americans do. I applaud Gov. Huckabee for defining amnesty correctly, and for pledging to fully enforce laws that would take away the jobs and benefits magnets that draw illegal aliens here – and that keep them here.

“What a contrast to Sen. McCain, Sen. Clinton and Sen. Obama, for example, who say they reject amnesty and then, in almost the same breath, say that most illegal aliens will have to be allowed to stay permanently. All three have repeatedly voted for amnesty. In the past week, Sen. McCain and Mayor Giuliani have clarified on national TV that they intend for most illegal aliens to be granted the very things they broke immigration laws to steal: an American job and U.S. residency.

“In a time of economic insecurity for many Americans, and rising joblessness, it is important to know which candidates would permanently fill American jobs with illegal foreign workers. I am pleased that Gov. Huckabee is saying he will not do that. He is taking a stand in favor of American workers, their families and their communities, all of whom need to be assured that once these illegal workers leave this country they will not be allowed back through special new catetories or by increasing the number of green cards in existing ones.â€

Governor Huckabee understands his pledge to mean that:

1. The 12 million illegal aliens now here will have to go home.

2. They will not get any legal status while here that allows them to remain long-term.

3. Once in their home countries, they may apply for re-admittance to the U.S. as immigrants, visitors or temporary workers through normal channels.

4. But they will not receive any special privileges on the basis of their having been in the U.S. illegally, such as being put to the front of a line.

5. There will be no new categories or programs through which they may re-enter.

6. There will not be an expansion of green cards in any existing categories that will speed up their movement to the front of the line.
    This seems to negate a "touchback," however, this language apparently is not in the signed pedge, but was agreed to verbally by Huckabee's staff and with Huckabee meeting with Beck.

But if Huckabee "reformed" the system so the "normal channels' would allow IAs to return to our country in days or weeks, he could conceivably claim that this was not a new program and these were the "normal channels."

It's still a little unclear, and I still ask has Huckabee retracted previous claims made on national televsion that IAs would be able to come back into the US in days or weeks.

Overall though, I still respect Numbers judgement.

Last week during the debate.......The "Huckster" was asked....."What about the kids in school"........The Huckster's reply........"I will not punish the children for what their parents did".

So, if the Huckster is not going to punish the children, he will not deport the parents. This means Dream Act amnesty!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast