Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huckabee seems to be a shyster, kind of an old timey snake oil salesman. He's good at reading the political winds, so he claims he won't give amnesty. BUT, his immigration plan hides his 'touchback' mindset which he let slip on the TV interview. It's not 'amnesty' to him if he makes them go back for a few days and then brings them in newly minted as LEGAL immigrants. I could just envision his statement...'but its not amnesty because I am making them leave the country, thier families, their jobs, their homes, their community in order to be legalized.' When in reality, they had a vacation for a day or two back in the home country while their paperwork was being prepared to let them back in real quick to their familes, their same job, their existing home and same community.

He's playing with words and is definately obfuscating. I woldn't trust him as far as I could throw myself!

Shyster, obfuscator, disingenous, deceitful, dastardly, charlatan, snake oil salesman

Can ya tell that I don't believe him?!?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I want to hear what Roy Beck says about this before commenting.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Huckabee seems to be a shyster, kind of an old timey snake oil salesman. He's good at reading the political winds, so he claims he won't give amnesty. BUT, his immigration plan hides his 'touchback' mindset which he let slip on the TV interview. It's not 'amnesty' to him if he makes them go back for a few days and then brings them in newly minted as LEGAL immigrants. I could just envision his statement...'but its not amnesty because I am making them leave the country, thier families, their jobs, their homes, their community in order to be legalized.' When in reality, they had a vacation for a day or two back in the home country while their paperwork was being prepared to let them back in real quick to their familes, their same job, their existing home and same community.

He's playing with words and is definately obfuscating. I woldn't trust him as far as I could throw myself!
    "I woldn't trust him as far as I could throw myself"

Same here!!!

I sent this email to Roy Beck of Numbers............

Roy or to Whom It May Concern:

Did you not see the debate from South Carolina when Huckabee was asked about the kids in school. Huckabee said "I will not punish the children for what their parents did."

Well, this clearly means if he is not going to punish the children, he will not punish the parents (amnesty). This is the same as the Dream Act!!!

Please do more research on Huckabee before promoting his "no amnesty" pledge and before your promotion of his "no amnesty" pledge does damage in the SC or NV primaries.

Thanks!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I want to hear what Roy Beck says about this before commenting.

W
    If you go to the Numbers site, they upgraded Huckabilly to "Excellent".
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I see that Huckabee's 'no amnesty' rating has been upgraded to 'excellent' from 'fair' where it was just a couple of days ago.

While I'm glad Huckabee signed it and hope it pressures other candidates on this issue, I still don't trust him on this. Huckabee's campaign is hurting now having been slapped in NH, Wyoming, and Michigan, and this somewhat smacks of desperation.

He also has a bad record on this.

And has he specifically retracted his comments made on national TV that IAs could come back into our country in only "days or weeks" after they returned or touchbacked to their countries of origin??

Yes Phred, you are right. Some people may believe that he is truly against amnesty and any talk the other way would surely not bode well for him. This does create pressure for Huckabee and yet I sure wish that someone/s would expose this critical loophole for the illegal aliens to stay and question him more about this.

I heard him speaking on some change to the Constitution today in relation to something else and yet he would not seek to have the Constitution clarified on the meaning of birthright citizenship (an amendment or ?).

Today did keep the illegal immigration issue on the front burner. I just hope we don't get scorched by the double speak.

Matthew 18:20
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This is on Numbers site now:
    ------------

Date: January 16, 2008 10:30 a.m.

I EXPECT TO SPEAK TODAY AT 4 P.M. AT NORTH GREENVILLE UNIVERSITY

Dear South Carolina voters,

I want to alert you to the likelihood that I will be speaking at 4 p.m. this afternoon at North Greenville University, 7801 N. Tigerville Road in Tigerville, S.C.

I have just arrived in Greenville and am meeting with Gov. Mike Huckabee at his request about his signing a credible No-Amnesty Pledge.

We have offered to do this with every candidate and will continue to offer it. As you know, I rated Huckabee only "fair" on amnesty until this week, and upgraded him to "good" after he pledged on his website that he would oppose any "touchback amnesty."

Now, he is interested in making an "EXCELLENT" No-Amnesty Pledge. I will meet with him to be sure that he is fully committed and harbors no loopholes. If so, I will appear at a press conference at 4 p.m. to congratulate him on taking the pledge. I welcome your attendance.

My appearance does not imply an endorsement. We never endorse candidates. But since 1997, we have been the nation’s premiere watchdog of every immigration action taken by every member of Congress, offering online immigration grade cards on them. We also provide comparisons of candidates in all congressional and presidential elections.

As you can see from the Presidential Grid this morning, we already rate Gov. Romney, Sen. Thompson and Rep. Hunter as "EXCELLENT" on amnesty. I will keep you informed.

The most important thing I want you to know this morning is that we rate McCain, Giuliani, Clinton, Obama and Edwards as "abysmal" on amnesty.

I wish that William could get on the Dobbs show before Saturday (SC and NV primaries)-----to ask the questions that should have been asked to Huckabee about his "no amnesty" pledge.........

Such as what he answered during the debate when he was asked about hte children of illegals in our schools.

And, EVERYTHING that he did in favor of illegals while he was Governor of Arkansas.

Banned
    Still going off past records and the strong enforcement (until you read the fine print ) of comprehensive reform

I'm still going with the past record of Romney

Remember , McCain promises "close the borders"

But also giving millions a path to citizenship

I have no answer for numbersusa, I thought they may have been
    a bit smarter but maybe Beck needs a used car , I don't know

This whole thing is getting "twilight zone" on us

Yes, I'm still with Romney too, based on past record etc.

Here is a link to a news story with video of Huckabee's news conference with Roy Beck:

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01 ... dge-in-sc/

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast