Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

As to tracking my movements, how does that work with the Real ID? Usually, I just show my DL. No grocery store or department store has ever swiped my DL. What they do swipe is my credit card. Even at the ATM, I use my ATM card, not my DL.

So how again am I tracked? I'm not being argumentative, bob, coz if it is true what you are saying, I would like to know so that I can avoid showing my Real ID in the future.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

It's against the law for ordinaty citizens to secretly get your personal info, ie SS number, etc. to find out your banking info so why would it be legal for the government to do that. That information is out there but if the government is tracking you right now, they are going against the Constitution. That's why the Patriot Act is considered unconstitutional. That act was the first step, now the RealID. When you freely give up your constitutional rights as a citizen you are telling this government that can do whatever they want.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What? So, bob, you're saying that my current DL is unconstitutional? Because I gave my info to Idaho DMV which is a govt institution. What about the IRS? I gave them my SS#. And what about the SSA itself which issued me my SS#!

Am I missing something here?

Look, all I'm saying is that people shouldn't be so willing to follow whatever direction this government wants us to go in. They don't have a very good track record. You have to be the judge of what you feel is the right thing for yourself. But when my state, for one, has rejected the RealID Act, that tells me we still have a few politicians left who want to abide by the Constitution.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    What? So, bob, you're saying that my current DL is unconstitutional? Because I gave my info to Idaho DMV which is a govt institution. What about the IRS? I gave them my SS#. And what about the SSA itself which issued me my SS#!

Am I missing something here?
    For your driver's license, you only had to produce your birth certicate and the same for your SS card. That SS card is only supposed to be used for tax purposes. A person really shouldn't have to give that info to a bank, or anyone else but we do so we can get loans and such. But the government has no right to dig into your personal information any more than another citizen does. When you agree to get a card such as this RealID thing, you are in essence giving them the right to check your bank account, etc. I'm using this as an example. Say for instance you came into a large amount of cash legitimately. You put that cash in your bank account. Then you took a trip to the Middle East and you visited with some friends. Bingo. The red flag goes up and all of a sudden you're a suspected terrorist even though all of this was quite innocent. We all know how good our government is at getting things wrong, but an instance like the one I mentioned can ruin the rest of an innocent person's life.

I worked for a bank for 9 years. The reason SS#s are required is for reporting interest earned to the IRS, because we have to pay tax on it. On the loan side, they need to report the mortgage interest to the IRS so we can write it off in our 1040s (which is a good thing for us!).

So the only reason banks require our SS# is for the IRS.

So if any govt agency knows the most about us, it is the IRS! They know where we work, how many children we have, how much money we make, what our SS#s are, where we do our banking, where we get our loans, and so much more.

Soooooo I think we need a Real ID that will protect us from the IRS! LOL.

When you agree to get a card such as this RealID thing, you are in essence giving them the right to check your bank account, etc.
    OK, this is where you lost me, bob.

You're right about that, ex_co. And look how hard it is for Homeland Security to get info out of the IRS. They keep our information secure. I don't have a problem with employers checking to see if a social security match is made, but I have a problem with that information going any further. All I want to say is that everyone needs to do as much research as possible on this RealID Act and read all the fine print. And go back and read the Patriot act. Then make a judgement call. You give this government an inch and they'll take a mile. Like the eminient domain law that permits businesses to take land away from private property owners because they say they will produce jobs for the greater good. Our constitution doesn't say we have to give up our property for the good of others. This is just another example of control. Like the taking of millions of acres of land in Texas to build the NAFTA Super Highway. This land belongs to individuals, probably people who have had this property in their family for generations. I don't think that's right. All of this stuff ties in together and I don't like the trend it's taking.

Yeah, I always vote AGAINST imminent domain.

Ex_co, you can't vote against the Eminant Domain law. It was decided in the courts which was a decision that was totally unconstitutional. I just wanted to say about the RealID Act, read the article that Jean just put in Memebers News Stories called National ID: Another Step To Totalitarianism. It's quite interesting.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast