Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    I don't know how people don't think we are moving toward a police state, this is old news but I just found out about it.

Swat in Dallas is now raiding poker games.
    http://www.reason.tv/video/show/172.html
    Appears that the RealID scam is to probe into peoples business so they can tax tax tax...
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

I don't know how people don't think we are moving toward a police state, this is old news but I just found out about it.

I watched the clip, GOrwell. I don't see how this is related to the REAL ID Act. This was a bunch of people who did not know about their state's law and got caught. Yes, it is sad, but I don't see how it relates to the REAL ID Act.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC

I watched the clip, GOrwell. I don't see how this is related to the REAL ID Act. This was a bunch of people who did not know about their state's law and got caught. Yes, it is sad, but I don't see how it relates to the REAL ID Act.
    no, i was just proving a point, if you read all the post my previous post where saying how we are moving towards a police state and th e real id is part of that, just a card to control us and put us at their mercy...

this was just an example...

OK, Gorwell.

First of all, I am not a big fan of Napolitano. Her state, Arizona, is overwhelmed with illegal aliens, and she RELUCTANTLY signed into law what the voters OVERWHELMING VOTED FOR. Yes, the word "reluctantly" has been described of her signing these laws. Napolitano is a career politician, as far as her record goes, and that is why I view her with a lof of doubt.

But I still don't see how the REAL ID Act is moving towards a police state. It sounds like you have no faith in We The People. Personally, I don't really give a hoot if the govt wants to know what I had for breakfast or where I opened my latest bank account or even if they knew my latest gossip about my neighbor. WHO CARES?

You forget that the people you say are "spying" on you are American citizens as well. Are you saying that American citizens are like the Gestapo? I just refuse to think that. I may be naive for thinking this, but I continue to think this way if I am to love this country and all it stands for.

It sounds to me -- after reading 4 pages of this -- like there are 2 kinds of people who are against the REAL ID Act: 1) those who read too many spy novels, and 2) those who are paranoid about their personal lives.

I, for one, am neither. I have nothing to hide, as one poster said here. The true Nirvana is when everybody in a country follows the law, and therefore has nothing to hide. I know this may never happen, but I cling to the hope that MOST AMERICANS have nothing to hide. And I think I am right about that.

Realistically speaking, GOrwell, if ALL states went for the REAL ID Act, then the sheer volume of spying would be too overwhelming for the govt "spies" to monitor. They will skip over what you had for breakfast, and instead concentrate on the real terrorists. Yes?

The reality is that nineteen -- 19 -- people have driven us to this point. I always think about when I am in an airport. I think about how 19 human beings have managed to hostage the whole world, at least in terms of air travel. How sad is that. But, as I wait patiently in line to be security-checked, I am grateful that my life is being looked after by my govt, however inconvenient that may be.

We live in a different age, GOrwell. Terrorism used to be a European thing. But after 9/11, it has come to our shores. I was naive about that too. I should have known that it was just a matter of time before it came here.
    So, yes, I am willing to forgo some of my civil liberties FOR THE SAKE OF THE NATION AS A WHOLE. Like I said, we live in different times. BUT, there is no indication that the REAL ID Act is forcing our history towards a police state BECAUSE OF WE THE PEOPLE. Not ONCE in America's history has that ever happened. We are so different from the rest of the world in that respect. Maybe that is why so many people want to live here.

GOrwell, WHAT SETS AMERICA APART FROM THE REST OF THE WORLD IS WE THE PEOPLE. We are not as weak as you think we are. Americans can throw a big stink, as we did in June 2007 with the CIR. This is a different age, and a huge part of that difference is WE THE PEOPLE. I am willing to give the REAL ID Act a chance. We just need to keep on top of it. But that's what We The People should be doing anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC

no, i was just proving a point, if you read all the post my previous post where saying how we are moving towards a police state and th e real id is part of that, just a card to control us and put us at their mercy...

this was just an example...
    "This was just an example???" Are you kidding me? You agreed with me that these people didn't know that law and they were caught. It has nothing to do with the REAL ID Act.

OK, you can redeem yourself by saying -- step by step -- how this clip relates to proving your point, as you say. And I do mean STEP BY STEP.

Quote:
    It sounds to me -- after reading 4 pages of this -- like there are 2 kinds of people who are against the REAL ID Act: 1) those who read too many spy novels, and 2) those who are paranoid about their personal lives.

When certain people make specific assumtions and accusations of certain people, they make asses out of themselves.

I was watching Glen Beck tonight and he is furious with people like yourself as well.

Can it with the assumptions, I'm tired of it.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

A man called into the Terry Anderson Show last night. He said that he researched all articles/information regarding the Real ID----there are NO chips!!!

The government is easily able to find/do----whatever they want right now----they would NOT need this ID----except to find illegals, terrorists, expired visa holders, etc.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    A man called into the Terry Anderson Show last night. He said that he researched all articles/information regarding the Real ID----there are NO chips!!!
    Good for him. I don't listen to him.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    Quote:

When certain people make specific assumtions and accusations of certain people, they make asses out of themselves.

I was watching Glen Beck tonight and he is furious with people like yourself as well.

Can it with the assumptions, I'm tired of it.
    Americanpatriot,

Like I said, I AM NEITHER.

So what does make me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824

The government is easily able to find/do----whatever they want right now----they would NOT need this ID----except to find illegals, terrorists, expired visa holders, etc.
    Even if there were chips, so what? I have nothing to hide. Thanks, Bren, for the info! I think some people are beholden to spy stories.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast