Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jean,

Did you see my earlier comment on how the house next door to ours burned back then?
    Wow, how horrifying for you. The fire came within a mile from us, but next door is too close for comfort. I've lived through tornadoes and survived the 94 Northridge earthquakes. But the 2003 fires were downright scary. MD sounds like he knows what to do to protect himself. Ourdoor people have a built in instinct of knowing what to do. My thoughts are with you Mountaindog!
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

MD, you sound like you are ready to go.

Our prayers are with you.!!!!!!!!!!

MD,

Thanks for the further update. Your prep sounds terrific.

One question that I hate to ask, cause it shows my computer ignorance...how do you get a hard drive out?

TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by curiouspat
    MD,

Thanks for the further update. Your prep sounds terrific.

One question that I hate to ask, cause it shows my computer ignorance...how do you get a hard drive out?

In a emergency you use a hammer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W.

Practice grabbing the hard drive out of the computer case. That's included in my bug out plans in the event of a disaster.

I have one bag that is preloaded with some essentials that can be loaded with toiletrees, meds, food, water, pet supplies, and hard drives within minutes. I call it the 'bug out bag'.

I've been searching since I saw your post. My family each has a "hurricane kit", same thing as your 'bug out bag'. The below thread contains my daughter's experience with hers, for anyone interested.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ricane+kit
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

MD....Wise Guy

In a emergency you use a hammer.

Careful, I might just do it!!!!!
    TIME'S UP!

Is this the same one???

California burning again; 125 homes evacuated
    Fire in San Diego County threatens 1,350 more houses

ALPINE, California (AP) -- A 6,600-acre wildfire forced the evacuation of more than a hundred homes in rural San Diego County, and authorities warned Monday that two other communities with a total of 1,350 homes could be next.

The fire, burning across more than 10 square miles in Cleveland National Forest, was the latest in a series of blazes around California that have put fire crews to work in temperatures of 100 degrees or more.

It prompted deputies to order 125 homes evacuated in the town of Alpine starting Sunday. Residents throughout parts of Pine Valley and Lake Morena, where there are about 1,350 homes combined, were told to remain on standby, said sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Plese.

Monday's high in the Cleveland forest had been expected to be 105 degrees, officials said.

"If you get behind on drinking water, you can't catch up," said firefighter Jon Sanchioli, 46. "We had one guy go down yesterday. We know you've got to be careful. If you keep on pushing, your body shuts down."

Five firefighters around California suffered heat exhaustion during the weekend.

This fire season is on pace to be the worst year for wildfires this decade, the National Interagency Fire Center reported Monday.

As of Monday, wildfires had blackened more than 4.9 million acres, over 7,700 square miles, since the first of this year, the center reported. That surpassed the 4.8 million acres charred in 2004 and the 10-year average of 2.7 million acres. The season got a fast start with several weeks of spring grass fires that swept across Texas and Oklahoma.

Off the California coast, a blaze charred 700 acres -- just over a square mile -- of brush on Santa Catalina Island, the 76-square-mile recreation spot southwest of Los Angeles with several hotels and homes. It was 40 percent contained, officials said.

In the mountains of central Idaho, high temperatures combined with wind to drive three forest fires. Managers worried that one of the fires could threaten federally protected chinook salmon.

Crews in central Arizona kept a 3,900-acre -- or 6-square-mile -- wildfire in the Tonto National Forest from reaching two power lines that carry electricity to Phoenix.

Unlike California, calmer wind and higher humidity helped crews battling a 3-square-mile blaze in western Nevada that had briefly threatened homes east of Carson City and the historic mining town of Virginia City during the weekend. It was 60 percent contained Monday, and full containment was expected by the end of the day, said fire information officer Dave Olson.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/24/wildfi ... index.html

I would like to thank all of you again, please accept a cyber handshake and a hug from me for your concern and prayers.
    At this point the fire has more than doubled and people in Pine Valley, Lake Morena and other areas may have to leave their homes.
    This fire is concidered the number one fire in the nation, they are saying it is only 5% contained but it is growing and out of control. Nobody has any idea of what will happen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CheyenneWoman, Yes, that article you found is the fire.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Fires caused by illegal aliens material is on the homepage now.

W