Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    "Harry Reid is also Mormon----do you hear anything negative about him and his position regarding his religion??"

As a Nevada resident I can tell you , Harry being a mormon has nothing to do with the fact that he is a jerk , suck um up for big biz and an open borders wacko

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    Since this is a general discussion and we all are adamantly against amnesty of any kind, can I bring up taxes?
    I was just comparing the Fair Tax to the Flat tax, both are better than we have now, but the Fair tax is far better. That being said, I looked at what Mitt and Fred say about this issue. It appears that Fred embraces the Fair Tax, but I'm not sure where Mitt comes down on this. He has some ideas, but doesn't mention either the Fair of the Flat tax to my knowledge.
    www.pafairtax.org/resrcs/FlatTaxFairTaxComparison.pdf
    thoughts?
    Chances are good that NOT ONE of these guys can change the
    tax codes

Its the provence of congress , not the president

Alot of what these guys are spewing is pure BS , they can have
    opinions but there are a lot of things that are made into issues
    that the president can't do a thing about

Since this is a general discussion and we all are adamantly against amnesty of any kind, can I bring up taxes?
    I was just comparing the Fair Tax to the Flat tax, both are better than we have now, but the Fair tax is far better. That being said, I looked at what Mitt and Fred say about this issue. It appears that Fred embraces the Fair Tax, but I'm not sure where Mitt comes down on this. He has some ideas, but doesn't mention either the Fair of the Flat tax to my knowledge.
    thoughts?
    I would NO WAY support the Fair Tax!! At first, I thought this was a good idea. However, this means a 23% tax on ALL purchases-----and it has been pointed out-----it will destroy the middle class!!

I heard Huckabee being interviewed on Roger Hedgecock two Friday's ago about the Fair Tax (also known as the Consumption Tax). Hedegecock says-----so if I buy a house or a car------I pay 23% on top of the sale price. Huckabee says YES!!

We would be paying 23% tax on groceries, clothes, etc.------EVERYTHING!!!

This came up again the other night after the debate when questioning Huckabee. He says-----well, if you are below a certain income----you apply to get some of this 23% back by applying through the government and they send you a check. The interviewer says-----why would people want to do this, and this becomes a BIGGER hassle than filing a tax return.

The FAIR TAX is bad news for middle class citizens!!!!!!

I think that the Flat Tax is the same as the Fair Tax.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

The President has no power -

Again, the President has plenty of power in the matter of taxes and anything else - even where he shouldn't have.

Some things I don't understand about the FAir TAx.

Is everyone, I mean everyone going to get a check each month from the government? Supposedly for the amount of sales taxes they would have paid - up to a mythical amount they would have paid if they were poverly level?

Those of the poverty level will receive checks somehow calculated so they will, in essence, pay no taxes?

Do they have to prove they spent an equal amount on sales tax or is it just a gift from the rest of the taxpayers?

Is there a provision in there for illegals? Will they receive the monthly gift.

Why not set a flat rate - far below 23% - that's too much. Make some things tax exempt food and medicene - and let everyone in this country share in the glory or misery of supporting it?

We could totally do away with the IRS. The retailers would be collecting the taxes - the need would only be for someone to receive those collections, and deposit them.

The Fair Tax is instituting one messed up, complicated system for another.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Again, the President has plenty of power in the matter of taxes and anything else - even where he shouldn't have.

Is everyone, I mean everyone going to get a check each month from the government? Supposedly for the amount of sales taxes they would have paid - up to a mythical amount they would have paid if they were poverly level?

Those of the poverty level will receive checks somehow calculated so they will, in essence, pay no taxes?

Do they have to prove they spent an equal amount on sales tax or is it just a gift from the rest of the taxpayers?

Why not set a flat rate - far below 23% - that's too much. Make some things tax exempt food and medicene - and let everyone in this country share in the glory or misery of supporting it?

We could totally do away with the IRS. The retailers would be collecting the taxes - the need would only be for someone to receive those collections, and deposit them.

This is why I said..........This Fair Tax is a NIGHTMARE!!

I thought it was a good idea at first----thinking that they would maybe increase taxes about 2%------but this 23% is going to DESTROY the middle class!!

I would rather deal with the IRS------one filing at the end of the year.

Not having to keep receipts of purchases for EVERYTHING-----apply to be reimbursed-----having to wait until you are reimbursed----it is CRAZY!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    The president cannot change the tax code

Only congress could do that

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Huck says they have to leave also.. for what 15 minutes then come back... forgive me for being cynical, but I just do not believe that ANY of the so called front runners will do anything meaningfull on immigration.. hopefully I am wrong!
    We know for a fact that McCain and Huckabee won't. They are "known quantities". Even when they talk of their commitment to sealing the borders, they make a provision for those here to stay(McCain) or return at a later date(Huckabee). We must insist that Huckabee be pressed for specifics on how long they'd have to remain outside the country. The jury is still out on Romney as he hasn't been very specific, either, on requirements for reentering the country. The main difference I see is that he doesn't have the same traitorous history on record.

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    thoughts?
    tax codes

If the President is so impotent.. why do we care who is in there?
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

This is why I said..........This Fair Tax is a NIGHTMARE!!

I thought it was a good idea at first----thinking that they would maybe increase taxes about 2%------but this 23% is going to DESTROY the middle class!!

I would rather deal with the IRS------one filing at the end of the year.

Not having to keep receipts of purchases for EVERYTHING-----apply to be reimbursed-----having to wait until you are reimbursed----it is CRAZY!!!
    You do understand that you take home pay would be increased by AT LEAST that amount.. plus goods could be sold cheaper since the embeded taxes would not be factored into the price..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    thoughts?
    tax codes

If the President is so impotent.. why do we care who is in there?
    Because they will either help us to move forward or take steps to block us!!

The President if he/she really wanted to-----could use Executive Order to close/secure the borders-----based on national security threats.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast