Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    If you take those 4...the only choice is Romney and with a good congress we could win in the end on illegal immigration
    And, the guidance of Tancredo, Hunter, etc.------will let him know what needs to be done!!!

Romney will want to win a second term-----so he will not want to screw "we the people".
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz
    The Washington Post..and it's subsidiary News Week are play down and dirty with Romney..There was a Smear in Newsweek..and now this..
    Might want to give the Editors and the Advertisers an email/phone call for Dirty Politics...
    Romney is being slammed for being anti-illegal..just like Tancredo, Hunter
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02633.html
    Fortunately, MILLIONS of people heard Romney's positions during the debates on Saturday and Sunday.

Plus, those who have been following this issue-----know that the media manipulates the information and LIES!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    You could be right about Romney - but he hasn't been excluded yet, to my knowledge.

The talk about his religion bothers me a lot, though.
    Why would his "religion" bother you??

Have you heard anything negative about him while he was Governor of Massachusetts in regard to his religion??

Harry Reid is also Mormon----do you hear anything negative about him and his position regarding his religion??

Romney's religion only became an issue because Huckabee, etc. made it an issue-----because they have NOTHING else to use to attack Romney!!!

We are voting for a president, not a preacher!!

Re: Romney flip-flops on Amnesty in interview

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmibby
    On 12/23, the Terry Anderson reported on an interview with Romney in Dec were he clearly flip-flops & SUPPORTS Amnesty for illegals. If this is true, Romney can not be trusted on this topic. Terry Anderson selected Romey as the "most horriblest clown of the week" due to this interview.

The Romney interview starts about 1/4 of the way through the show. You can fast-foward to your scroll bar to that point. The first 1/4 of the show is on religion. The Romney interview follows that topic.

Link: http://thewakeupamerica.com/TERRY_ANDER ... AGE_01.htm

Then click on the Sunday, 12/23 show.
    He was talking about the Tim Russert interview.

Since that time, this has been cleared up MANY times-----including by Tom Tancredo when he sat down and talked with Romney for an hour before coming out publicly and endorsing him!!!

PLUS----he made his intentions VERY clear during the debates on Saturday and Sunday!!

Romney does NOT plan on giving illegals amnesty.
    I did not see the debates.. so he said ALL illegals would have to leave and apply to come back the proper way in line with everyone else?
    YES, he did----he stressed it 3-4 times----because him and McCain were battling over this issue!!! He was even going after McCain BIG TIME----because McCain kept saying that his plan is "not amnesty". Romney kept saying-----"Senator, do the illegals have to leave"??? McCain would say NO. Romney then said----"well, then that is amnesty".

YES, he did----he stressed it 3-4 times----because him and McCain were battling over this issue!!! He was even going after McCain BIG TIME----because McCain kept saying that his plan is "not amnesty". Romney kept saying-----"Senator, do the illegals have to leave"??? McCain would say NO. Romney then said----"well, then that is amnesty".
    Huck says they have to leave also.. for what 15 minutes then come back... forgive me for being cynical, but I just do not believe that ANY of the so called front runners will do anything meaningfull on immigration.. hopefully I am wrong!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Did I say it did? I must have missed typed something here. Maybe you should read my post.

Romney will want to win a second term-----so he will not want to screw "we the people".

That didn't work for us with President Bush. I can say with no hesitation he definitely 'messed' 'we the people' and go reelected.

Pres. Clinton as well -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Huck says they have to leave also.. for what 15 minutes then come back... forgive me for being cynical, but I just do not believe that ANY of the so called front runners will do anything meaningfull on immigration.. hopefully I am wrong!
    No, Romney said-----They have to leave and get in line with everyone else----no special priviledges/accommodations for them!! He said----it is not fair to the immigrants who are here, and it is not fair to the millions of people throughout the world who have been waiting in line trying to come here through the proper, legal process!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Did I say it did? I must have missed typed something here. Maybe you should read my post.

That didn't work for us with President Bush. I can say with no hesitation he definitely 'messed' 'we the people' and go reelected.

Pres. Clinton as well -
    "Did I say it did? I must have missed typed something here. Maybe you should read my post."

I was going by what you said in the quote above. Maybe you meant to say something else??

Nope. I said what I meant.

The talk about his religion bothers me a lot, though.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since this is a general discussion and we all are adamantly against amnesty of any kind, can I bring up taxes?
    I was just comparing the Fair Tax to the Flat tax, both are better than we have now, but the Fair tax is far better. That being said, I looked at what Mitt and Fred say about this issue. It appears that Fred embraces the Fair Tax, but I'm not sure where Mitt comes down on this. He has some ideas, but doesn't mention either the Fair of the Flat tax to my knowledge.
    www.pafairtax.org/resrcs/FlatTaxFairTaxComparison.pdf
    thoughts?
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast