Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by wmarincic
    Then you are giving a vote to Obama whom we KNOW WILL GIVE AMNESTY. At least with McCain there is a chance. There is NO CHANCE with a 3rd party.
    Obama, McCain and Bush all support amnesty.

Bush wanted amnesty and we stopped him. No reason we can't stop Obama. Heck, we might have a better chance of stopping Obama, because the only time a GOP in Congress awakens and does anything is when a Democrat is trying to get something passed.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

How have items in the platform translated into results in past years? I don't know, but being in the platform doesn't mean a lot. It is better than the past, I'll agree.

We didn't defeat amnesty, we defeated the last bill.

Did all those politicians that 'got it' come out fullbore for interior enforcement? Shouldn't they, from all the feedback they got, begin pushing the WH for enforcement - going on TV and demanding enforcement - writing op ed pieces???

All I saw was their decision that the absolute way to fix our immigration problem was to build a fence - a sorta fence.

We could stop the crossing totally - not another illegal coming across the border and it woudn't fix our problem. We are still saddled with 20-50 million here and having babies daily.

Without something happening that will cause them to go home, we more than enough here to destroy this country. Has any of them addressed that?

I'm thinking we are going to hear after the election that we now have a fence - and what a fence.

Then we are going to, once again, hear the rhetoric about their being essential to our economy, can't divide families, can't take them from where they have put down roots, and all the other nonsensical things they said before.

All the while, they will be searching frantically for some loophole in NAFTA and other trade deals to be able to keep them here.

Perhaps many will be able to be kept here through their US born children and 'family reunification'.

Amnesty is not dead, it isn't even feeling a little under the weather.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anyone that thinks of voting for a third party or for Obama because they don't like McCain's position on IA is delusional. Wanna punish McCain and the Republicans huh? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! Don't forget, you'll also be punishing Americans if Obama is allowed to enter the Whitehouse. Democratic control of Congress and the White House is a recipe for disaster for Americans who love their country. I hope you use your head, not your hatred when you cast your vote.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

MW
    TexasBorn wrote:

Democratic control of Congress and the White House is a recipe for disaster for Americans who love their country.
    I certainly share your thoughts on this, TexasBorn.

AngelaTC wrote:

Bush wanted amnesty and we stopped him. No reason we can't stop Obama. Heck, we might have a better chance of stopping Obama
    I don't see it that way. Many folks seem to be ignoring the fact that the so-called political pundits are predicting a very good election cycle for the Democrats (many more will be taking seats in the House and Senate). Furthermore, we didn't stop the last couple amnesty attempts by ourselves. All I can say is, thank God for the Republicans in the U.S. Congress that were listening to our pleas for help. It's time we face the truth, the Democrats (as a whole) will not be turned from their goal of amnesty. Like 'em or hate 'em, the Republicans side of the aisle is our only real chance in stopping future amnesty attempts.

Reciprocity wrote:

it obvious this woman has been bought and paid for by the OBL Lobby, only an idiot would disagree.
    You don't know this as fact. With that said, you shouldn't be calling some of your fellow ALIPAC team members idiots.

CitizenJustice wrote:

It doesn't matter whether McCain is for shamnesty or not. The republicans in the senate will stop it.
    I don't know about that. IMO, the Republicans in the U.S. House can be trusted more than those in the U.S. Senate. However, that is subject to change after the November elections. That is why it is critical we work our butts off to get the right people in the U.S. Congress. :

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm seeing it the same way MW!

The Republicans in congress could have ignored us just as Bush and the Democrats did. They didn't.

Sarah Palin

it obvious this woman has been bought and paid for by the OBL Lobby, only an idiot would disagree.
    Say what you will. I do not believe it.

It should be pretty obvious where I stand! NO Obama!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

Wahoo!!!!!!

Alipac made Over it's goal of $30,000.

Way to go everybody!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    She tried to remove some dirty books from the library when the citizens complained about them and the librarian when she refused to cooperate in the name of "censorship" and they tried to recall her as Mayor.
    That's not quite true. When she was elected Mayor she fired several appointees to her predecessor's administration. The librarian was one of those people who got the letters, but community outcry saved her job. She served as librarian through Palin's second term, when she resigned.

Palin sent a questionnaire to the librarian, asking if she would be willing to ban books. There was never any list of books that were "dirty" or otherwise, so we do not have any way to know what her motivations were.

The recall effort was in response to the firing of the Police Chief. (This is the Chief in Wasilla, not related to the fired trooper and his boss.) While I do agree that she had a right to appoint her own staff, I do disagree with her position on that particular termination, because he had a contract. Unless the contract had a stipulation that it terminated when the Mayor who signed it lost his seat, it shouldn't be negated by a change in leadership.

Here's a little article from the Anchorage paper. It sounds to me like she went in and made some changes. That's what leaders do. http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/513745.html

If Palin were running I would vote for her, but I am not voting for McCain. The VP has no responsibility except for breaking ties in the senate. I am thinking that McCain will ignore her, like Kennedy ignored Johnson, by not inviting her to cabinet meetings or soliciting her input . He will hire Lieberman as Secretary of State, and that's the guy who will be really second in command.

And, let us not forget that GW Bush had an approval rate of 70% in Texas. Palin's Alaskan popularity is a good sign, but it's no guarantee. I suspect there aren't many liberals in Alaska, because it's too cold to stay homeless and stand in the line for a soup kitchnen.
    Yes in fact as the reporters and responders have dug deeper, there was only an inquiry about the procedure, the process. Sarah didn't ban any books, didn't try to ban any books, didn't want to ban any books. She didn't even fire the Librarian per se. When she took over, she told all her department heads including the librarian who was Director of the Library Department to re-apply, Sarah rehired the librarian and several of the others, but didn't rehire the Police Chief I'm sure for good reason, and the Museum Director had already resigned.

They have told so many lies about Sarah. They are desperate. I like her and I think she would do many good things for our country. I'm going to help her get that chance. I know it's hard to pig-tail her with McCain, but McCain-Palin is better than Obama-Biden and those are the basic choices.

Plus the Republicans are going to fight like heck to stop illegal immigration, it's in their Platform rock solid.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy said
    They have told so many lies about Sarah. They are desperate. I like her and I think she would do many good things for our country. I'm going to help her get that chance. I know it's hard to pig-tail her with McCain, but McCain-Palin is better than Obama-Biden and those are the basic choices.

Plus the Republicans are going to fight like heck to stop illegal immigration, it's in their Platform rock solid.
    In fact they are so desperate that the Dems. are attacking Palin instead of McCain and that should tell us a lot.
    So desperate that there are rumors running around the news pundits that Obama will dump Biden and choose Hillary. I thought we were past the threat of having Hillary and Bill back in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad
    Judy said

In fact they are so desperate that the Dems. are attacking Palin instead of McCain and that should tell us a lot.
    So desperate that there are rumors running around the news pundits that Obama will dump Biden and choose Hillary. I thought we were past the threat of having Hillary and Bill back in the mix.
    They both want it bad enough so why not?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IS ELECTED PRESIDENT WHEN IT COMES TO SHAMNESTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush pushed hard for shamnesty. Did he get it? Do you remember why he didn't? Remember the republican senators stopping it? Remember the tens of thousands of calls we made, the emails we sent?

Instead of constantly complaining about the presidential race, for the love of God, WORK TO GET MORE REPUBLICAN SENATORS ELECTED.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast