Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Talking about the Spanish speaking stations and their slant on the news.

Around the May 1st "boycott" and marches, a neighbor kid, who is illegal as well as the rest of our neighbors, came by to see my son. He was telling my son that they heard on the Spanish speaking station that they needed to keep their kids in as the police and military would be coming with helicopters to check for those illegally, but this kid understood it to be any Spanish speaking person.

I had to stifle a laugh, but he was serious. He had actually heard this on a Spanish station. He may have had the interpretation of the facts they gave wrong, but they did essentially say there would be huge sweeps and raids of illegals.

Now, honestly, I think they hyped up all of this to generate ratings of their programming. They started rumors so the illegals would be tuned in to their shows constantly for more "breaking information".

I have also heard that they fall prey easily to rumors and media hype.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American Elizabeth; this happened in Florida as well. Many illegals weren't showing up for work as they believed it and were too scared. Too bad they weren't scared enough to go back home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are always talking about Lou Dobbs and people that are at the forefront of the anti-illegal debate. They have this news guy Jorge Ramos
    that speaks very bad english and is the voice of the illegals. He is desperate in his comments. He makes the illegals look so innocent and like they are all good people. They should not even be allowed to have access to American TV viewers. The other thing that bothers me is that they are allowed to get away with showing things on the spanish television that would be edited (Censored)d on american tv. Women are showned half naked and the shows can be real distasteful for minors to view. Make sure you keep your kids away!

I was wondering what they meant by the "Estado del Barrio" speech they were talking about.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Gusgriswold, I assume that you speak Spanish, so did the stations around the time of the marches talk about raids and sweeps by authorities?

I did not figure this kid was making it up, he seemed pretty genuine. He had this whole scenario he said the Spanish news said, and they all were pretty upset by it.

I have to admit, I encouraged my son to play up on it to some degree ! As well Gus, we get a little of joy watching the illegal neighbors scatter when there is a National Guard, Coast Guard or police helicopter go over (we are close to PDX). I know, not very nice, but I do get a bit of glee from it!! :P
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree about the lack of clothing on women on those Hispanic tv stations but some dress like that in South Florida. There is one club in Hollywood, Florida that plays Hispanic music and the women dance to it on a bar. There are always at least one of them scantily dressed in front of it. On Sunday night the dessert place across the street had all the business as they often do so the Hispanic woman at the club was wearing a thong and a small top and was jumping up and down and turning around for all to see. It was gross considering she needed to loose about 15 to look decent. Other outfits include shorts exposing the bottom part of the butt, tops where their breasts look like they are going to pop out and pants that barely cover the crack of their ass. This would be okay if they kept it inside but they don't. Many tourists kids are still up after 9:00 pm and the restaurant/club is on a main street.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Gusgriswold, I assume that you speak Spanish, so did the stations around the time of the marches talk about raids and sweeps by authorities?

I did not figure this kid was making it up, he seemed pretty genuine. He had this whole scenario he said the Spanish news said, and they all were pretty upset by it.

I have to admit, I encouraged my son to play up on it to some degree ! As well Gus, we get a little of joy watching the illegal neighbors scatter when there is a National Guard, Coast Guard or police helicopter go over (we are close to PDX). I know, not very nice, but I do get a bit of glee from it!! :P
    These spanish stations are nothing but full blown supporters of the illegals! They had saliva coming out of their mouths during the illegal marches last year. You can see how eager they are to bring immigration experts that tell the t.v. audience how to go about doing things. They don't encourage people to assimilate. I don't blame anybody for getting a kick out of seeing people arrested during the raids. I think Americans are plain fed-up!

Please know its not all Latins

I have to tell you all that even thou I feel that some of the statements that have been posted are quite racist I am in agreement with some of your points.

1st off... I am a Colombian/American. My father is a legal alien still after 35 years. With all the immigration problems after 9/11 I told my father to get his cititenship asap!! He will be taking care of this in the coming few months....

2nd.... I was born here. My mother is American. I embrace my latin roots.

With that said I will give you my opinion on the situation

All over the world people of other races are learning how to speak English. Not only do they learn English but at least one other language than their native languages. This is a skill. To know language is to know culture. To know other languages is a gift. Now to say that Spanish should not be spoken in this country is a racist statement. English came to this country on a boat and to be quite honest if it were not for the French we would probably still be bowing to the Queen. Indigenous people in this country at the time were of Latin decent. Most spoke Spanish..... we all learned this in History.....why would anyone ever say to only speak English in the USA??? Its ridiculous.... its like telling White Africans to speak traditional African and not English.... think about it.

Speaking Spanish does not mean that you are for Mexicans crossing the boarder illegally. I DO NOT APPROVE AND THINK THEY ALL SHOULD BE SHIPPED HOME POOR OR NOT!!! The government did not allow the little Cuban boy Elian Gonzalas to stay in this country so why allow a Mexican to stay???? They should go back to where they come from or get a Legal Green Card like my dad in order to work here!!! Pay Taxes and live like an American.

Mexicans are not doing work Americans will not do....that is a LIE!!!
    Many homeless people who pick up cans in order to get something to eat would love to get 3 squares and a bus ride to work.....its better than the scrap change you get with the cans. Recovering addicts or newly released inmates could work the farms or wherever work is required for under the legal minimum wage.

Its unbelieveable how our government gives up on us.....

IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH!!![/b]

Indigenous people in this country at the time were of Latin decent. Most spoke Spanish..... we all learned this in History.....
    Linda,

This has been disproved with DNA of the oldest bones found in the Americas, including Mexico. They are Caucasionoid and Asian, not just Indian.

No one alive today can say that the indegenous peopl are Latin because science has disproved that assumption.

Some of the oldest human remains from America.

"Spirit Cave Man" about 9,400 years old
    Kennewick Man 9,200 years old
    "Wizards Beach Man" 9225 years old

How about Arlington Springs Woman, she's about 13,000 years old and she seems to have come from Asia.

I really want them to explain the 13,000 year old Caucasionoids female called "Pe?on Woman III", which is in Mexico City at the National Museum.

Looks like everybody beat the South Americans to North America.

Dixie

Linda, I am from the earliest French (Acadians) settlers to North America, as well as English, Scottish and native (Mi'qmak). Each of my ancestors started out speaking different languages (my Scottish ancestors spoke Gaelic when they came here, as well as English).

In the end they all made the decision to begin speaking English only, simply because that was part of becoming an American. As for learning other languages, it is a good thing, and no one here has ever suggested that others give up speaking Spanish, or whatever language that is their mother tongue, however, what has become an irritating point is for those who refuse to even try to learn, and expect us to accomodate them.

You might say it is "cultural" for them to hang onto Spanish, but this is OUR culture, and OUR language is English here., they came here, we did not go to them, and we did not wave them in, they snuck in and then they wish for us to make language accomodations for them. As an American, I'm sure you can appreciate this.

I have to tell you all that even thou I feel that some of the statements that have been posted are quite racist I am in agreement with some of your points.
    As much as I appreciate your finding something in common with us, can you tell me where someones comments here have been outright racist? People here discuss issues as they are, and if the majority of the illegal aliens are nationals from Mexico, then that is who we usually will wind up spending much of our discussion on, but overall, being Mexican is not a race, it is a nationality, just as being an American is not a race.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast