Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by LindaLoveLee
    Dixie....please refran from your racial grouping. Not all Spanish speakers are rude or disrespectful to English speakers. Its wrong to group us all together. What is this new slur you have brought to the convo ASSTAN? I can not imagine its a good word. You come off ignorant ... Talk about rude?!

O and BTW the Superbowl will be broadcast in different languages all over the world as they do annually.....
    Refrain from twisting my words and implying things about me personally. You owe me an apology. You are the one that has made the "all" inclusive assumption, not I.

Actually, I've used Asstan for a very long time and it's a play on words and it's in reference to the asinine thinking of Aztlan.

So while you are reading the rules, pay attention to the race baiting portion because you are implying that I am a racist and I will not tollerate that and I find that very offensive.

Please consult the rules.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=26071

NO RACISM AND NO RACE BAITING

RACE BAITING= "ACCUSING OTHERS OF BEING RACIST without evidence IN AN EFFORT TO SILENCE OR LOWER THE TONE OF THE DEBATE"

Calling other users names or attacking others will not be tolerated. Don't call other users names or apply labels to them that you can't substantiate (See Bayourod).

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaLoveLee
    Scubayons thanks for the 411.... I am not familiar with how Sheriff's Dept work.
    In a joint press conference, Sheriff Richard K. Jones, county Commissioner Michael Fox and state Rep. Courtney Combs, R-Hamilton, announced a multi-tiered program they said is the first of its kind in the country.

For starters, beginning on Monday Jones will require a declaration of citizenship from all booked into the county jail.

Meanwhile, Combs is drafting new state legislation that will make it a state offense for illegal aliens to cross Ohio's borders.

And Fox is working on initiatives to discourage employers from hiring illegal aliens.

The three officials said they began working on the issue six months ago.

According to national figures released Thursday, an estimated 11 million illegal aliens are living in the United States and another three million are expected to enter the country by year's end.

Jones said that during the past two years, more than 600 inmates had been booked into the county jail without Social Security identification numbers - making them undocumented persons.

Housing such individuals in the past two years has cost $1 million, he said.

"It's more likely than not that an adult living in the United States without a Social Security number is an illegal alien," he said.

Those in jail for misdemeanor offenses who falsify their information, or are found to be illegal aliens, will be reported to the Federal Department of Immigration and Naturalization Services for possible immediate deportation.

Those who are jailed for felonies will first stand trial for their crimes and then face deportation.

In addition, to force INS officials to take the local measures seriously, the sheriff said he intends to bill the federal government $70 a day for every illegal alien housed at the county jail.

"They may not pay it," Jones said. "In which case, we will load the illegal aliens on a bus and drop them at INS' doorstep."

Other options being considered include giving misdemeanor offenders the option of serving out their sentence while INS processes their deportation papers, or allowing them to forego their sentence if they voluntarily leave the county on a one-way plane ticket the county buys.

Officials said the cost of an airline ticket is cheaper than housing a prisoner for a week or more.

Combs is crafting legislation that would create a new criminal code enabling local law enforcement officials to detain illegal aliens pending INS action. The bill would create a new offense of "state trespass" - similar to laws already in place in border states such as Texas and New Mexico.

"We're not saying we don't want immigrants to come here and try to make a life for themselves in America," Combs said. "... All we're saying is to do it right. Do it legally."
    Fox blamed "greedy businessmen," left-wing liberals and bi-partisan "stupid political correctness," for the influx of illegals.

"This isn't an attack on any particular ethnic group," he said. "This is about national security and the federal government's failure to act."

He blamed employers and powerful chambers of commerce for contributing to the problem by lobbying against sanctions that could damage their ability to hire cheap migrant labor.

Banned
    so now that dinners over i can get back to the typic i cant quite get the avitar down loaded properly is ther something wrong with the site

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    so now that dinners over i can get back to the typic i cant quite get the avitar down loaded properly is ther something wrong with the site
    Howdy Do, GREG & WELCOME!

Glad you jumped in and got your feet wet

Do you have a link to the transcript above?
    GO OHIO!!

Also, there shouldn't be anything wrong with dohicky.
    As our PM is disabled temporarily {see Announcement forum for update}
    go down to the "other topic" forum and place your questions there.
    Perhaps we can figure out how to get your avatar up there.

Again.........Welcome to the fight
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As far as people coming here to live and not bothering to learn English, I consider it a sign of disrepect. My mother came here from Japan when I was a small child and although it is much harder to learn English when speaking Japanese all your life, she made it a point to not only learn English, but made sure we used only English in our home. Why? Because this is the country we chose to move to. She never demanded I be taught in Japanese in school, she never demanded forms and correspondence be written in Japanese, she made the effort to learn English and insisted we use English in our home.

Sure, some older people may find it hard to learn a new language after speaking their home laguage for many years, but when they encourage their children to not learn English, that's where I draw the line and consider it to be rude. One time, not long ago, I was in the grocery store and an older Mexican woman was shopping with a young boy, most likely her grandchild. When the kid pointed to items in the produce section and called them out, such as apples, oranges, etc. the older woman corrected him and said " no, es manzanas, naranjas, etc.". And when he started counting the items she put in the cart, he went "one, two, three.." and she again scolding him said "no, es uno, dos, tres...". Here this kid was trying to use English and his relative was reprimading him for it.

Another time, a Mexican woman came to my apartment and when I opened the door she immediately started speaking to me in Spanish. In English, I apologized, saying I did not speak Spanish, and she went "ku-tchk" with her tongue, and gave me this glaring stare, as if to say, 'how dare you live in CA and not speak Spanish'. She then handed me a flyer, written in English offering carpet cleaning services. I politely declined and said no thanks, and as she left, she muttered under her breath, and thinking I could not hear her, said "pinchi gringo" and stormed off.

How dare these people come here and insult us becasue we don't know Spanish. If I were living in Mexico, that might be one thing, but to live in America and get rudely treated because you don't speak their language is outrageous. Who the heck do these people think they are?
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

no splitting hairs....just letting you know others enjoy our sports too.

no ill will...its a debate

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Greg,

Your avatar may be the wrong size.

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 150 pixels, the height no greater than 150 pixels, and the file size no more than 21 KB.
    Dixie

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    It is nice to hear you are open minded enough to allow a friendship between the kids.
    Linda, as much as I appreciate that, what really counts is that someone is nice. This kid is nice and he does not go along with the others who live in our complex who are racist, mean and nasty about Americans.

Linda, people that come here only have a problem with those of Hispanic/Latino descent for the following reasons:

1) Being an illegal alien, breaking our laws.
    2) Having a rude attitude towards Americans, while being an illegal alien.
    3) Taking advantage of our kindness and generosity, while being an illegal alien.
    4) Making demands for language accomodation, while being an illegal alien.
    5) Making demands that OUR government let them stay with no penalty, after having broken our laws and being an illegal alien.
    6) Assuming their third world ideas of "survival of the fittest" when it comes to taking what they want, while being an illegal alien, is ok here.

Really, I could make a big list, and others here could too.

As skin color is not an issue, it is about the quality of the person, their character. I am sorry for this boy, as he is an illegal alien, his parents brought him here illegally, and have made his future very rocky, it's a shame they would do that, all simply, to have an easier life for themselves in the present.

As for the language issue, I get irritated when state and federal offices spend my tax money on bi-lingual services. My husbands mother came here in 1932 from Germany (they left to escape the Nazi regime), she only spoke German, was put into a class of all English speaking kids her age (6) and within months she spoke English. They still spoke German while at home, and up to the day she died with her relatives in Germany, but English was her main laguage, she was an American. Why can't it be so for people now days to think the same?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LINDA
    I love being here.... I am not illegal. I will speak my native tounge to my family, friends and elders because it is a Spanish custom to use the Spanish language to those who speak Spanish because it is proper and respectful. I would never want to force anyone to speak Spanish but I find that work comes easier to those who can communicate in Spanish and English in places like New York, Chicago, Miami and parts of California and Texas. I know Chinese people who speak Spanish better than me. Its not about what is the Official Language of the USA. Its about how to communicate to a group of people who might otherwise not understand the plight of the American people. We need to get the word out in whatever language necessary. The Superbowl is broadcast and commentated in different languages and has been for a very long time before this debate.......is that wrong too????
    That which I bolded in red is where most Americans take offense.

In the USA, it should NOT be easier to obtain work by speaking Spanish or any other language. That particular situation should only exist in 'specialized work.'

The entire world is working overtime to educate their children in ENGLISH.
    Something is askew here when in the USA, our citizens are overlooked for a job - not for not being bilingual - but for not being bilingual in Spanish.

Note that most of the states you reference are states that have been INVADED by ILLEGAL ALIENS in high percentages and the greatest percentage of those ILLEGALS are hispanic.

As far as NY, NJ & Conn go {my turf} we've a very serious problem with the Illegal Aliens and their crime, entitlements draining our coffers from the taxpayers, disease, infrastructure, identity theft, housing AND WORK. What is even more disturbing are the Illegals working in the trades and doing very shoddy work - against code - so that their employers can rape the extra buck. IE: the 2 buildings that recently collapsed in NY is a very good example of some of the danger we now face.

Considering that the stats are being publicized now on a more serious level - they were being hidden before - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the seriousness of the problem.

Furthermore, ILLEGALS are killing, murdering our citizens by driving drunk and illegally, in numbers that blow the brain cells. Iraq is nothing compared to ILlEGAL DRIVERS and their damage.

Hope this helps in explaining to you how Americans feel about this very serious problem.

As I was saying earlier...
    I think it is rude for employees to carry on personal conversations in Spanish, in front of customers.
    I find this as offensive as someone whispering in front of me. It's very rude to carry on a personal telephone conversation (in Spanish), while a customers (on-Spanish speaking) wait in line as the clerk chuckles it up with his girlfriend. Even more insulting because he didn't think we knew what he is saying because he was roll playing and acting like he was looking something up on the computer for the alleged customer on the phone. EXTREEMLY RUDE!

I recommend calling the corporate office and complain, if you are ever treated like that by an employee.

Dixie

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast