Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No green monster here. That is just too easy to say. It keeps people from looking at the problem and seeking a solution.

I am not a 'soak the rich' kinda person.

My statement was simply that those union workers contributed to this country. They lived a middle class life, supported the communites - not just money - supported the churches, the charities, they kids in the community. They sent their kids to college, they volunteered in the community, the fought the wars.

I don't care how much the TV tells us' we are on a roll, things just couldn't be better, Wall Street is just soaring '- things are not better since this government decided to destroy the middle class by outsourcing jobs and using the union as a scapegoat.

I am not a union fan. But I am a fan of working Americans. I cannot find any glee in the fact they no longer have decent jobs.

No one can say our country is better off for it - no one.

And no, I wouldn't sell out my country for money or profit.

Breezy, I am with you. WE all have our place, or we did have. Suddenly if you get your hands dirty - you are nothing.

We are getting more and more commercials in Spanish and with Spanish actors, and everyone in this world isn't ignorant because they don't know Spanish.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Put simply Walmart can kiss my American a$$ after that ad
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    My statement was simply that those union workers contributed to this country. They lived a middle class life, supported the communites - not just money - supported the churches, the charities, they kids in the community. They sent their kids to college, they volunteered in the community, the fought the wars.
    You act like Unions were the savior of the United States working man. More than 90% of those in the work force today aren't part of Unions and those who are part of Unions are finding themselves in a precarious state of uncertainity.. Unions are like that movie the Bodysnatchers... They move from host to host to host.. sucking them dry.. Unions don't care about the workers that are part of their Union, they only care about increasing their memberships, thus, their bottom line. But thats where Unions are shotting themselves in the foot. Most businesses post 9/11 are more efficient, more cost/benefit savvy than they were in previous years before 9/11.. Thus, you have a lot more anti-union companies now then ever before. People don't want unions because everyone knows exactly what they represent -- GREED!... the UAW has no place in GM, those workers don't need a Union to do or get their jobs.. Thats like taking your mother to work with you, make sure you do right.. "hey mom... ooops, I mean, hey Union Rep, my boss trying to fire me"... "hey mom,.. I mean, Union rep, I need more money, get me a raise.."..

You know, the 90% or more of us out in the "real" world who obtained and hold our jobs on our own merit, experience, and integrity don't need some freaking Union to come in and hold our hand. And if you need someone to speak on your behalf to obtain a raise for you, then you must not have much of a backbone. That said, when's the last time any of you heard of a janitor making $30k their first year out? LoL, go to GM and there you go.. LAst I checked, this was a sub $10/hr job.

I don't care how much the TV tells us' we are on a roll, things just couldn't be better, Wall Street is just soaring '- things are not better since this government decided to destroy the middle class by outsourcing jobs and using the union as a scapegoat.
    Unions aren't the scapegoat, they ARE the problem. Because of Unions, the US is hard pressed to compete with other countries. Aside from the fact illegals have degraded the wages in this country, if Unions weren't around, I guarantee more people would have jobs.

USF Red Star and Consolidated Freightways are two prime examples of how Unions puts people out of business and a job. IF you don't know who these two companies are, they are freight companies employing over 20,000 people between the two.

Next time you see a Union person, thank them for being overpaid and keeping other Americans out of a job.

NoIllegalsAllowed, You really summed it up!
    They're watching a big screen tv paid for with a stolen credit card/identity or welfare checks. They have the El Salvador flag for their gang member "hombres".
    The woman is the illegal's ticket to American citizenship.
    And the kid is the anchor baby.
    and he's drinking Fox's Coca-Cola...
    Reciprocity, Love how you brought this back to the point.
    Put simply Walmart can kiss my American a$$ after that ad
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whatever your tax rate it's sure to go up if even a part of the amnesty bill goes forward. I think a national sales tax is the way. Then everyone pays. Even the illegals. I don't judge people by their W-2 forms. I used to envy the rich but now I've got everything I want including a grand kid and 2 cats who sometimes come when I call them.

Truism what's your point other than disliking the UAW. Unions let employers know that work has value. If we still had strong unions we wouldn't have so much outsourcing or cheap illegal labor. How can you be opposed to illegal immigration and put so little value on a working man's worth.

If we still had strong unions we wouldn't have so much outsourcing or cheap illegal labor. How can you be opposed to illegal immigration and put so little value on a working man's worth.
    If the number of Unions in the market place doubled tomorrow, you honestly think illegal immigration and cheap labor would go away? Even by just a little..? Where is the logic in that.

And how does a Union make sure a man gets what he's valued at? Seems Unions do not disriminate against those who are good working men or not so good working men.. Just as long as they pay their dues, the workers are guaranteed some inflated wages. Wow, the value of Joe Bloe with a pea brain has justed been rewarded a Engineer's salary for doing a monkey's job.

Iig

Labor Unions

I used to work a white-collar job, so I never had to join a union, but there isn't a union for such workers. Although, secretaries and help desk techies get taken gross advantage of too - look at how our jobs are outsourced and shipped overseas. Sorry, but to argue that workers are treated fairly by their bosses if they're competent and do their jobs, is to ignore reality. Business is not known for its introspection, altruism and self-policing.

I understand that Caesar Chavez was very much against illegal immigration. He knew the negative implications of it on legitimate workers.

A former friend used to work for a union, in their computer department. He said he never before, nor since, worked anywhere so riddled with graft, ineffeciency and drift-wood. He said it was a real eye-opener.

Kind of like communism (nobody get worked up out there, I'm not calling unions communists, ok, so, take it easy), unions sound so good on paper. If only it didn't have the dark history it has, and they didn't have such bizarre rules and tactics, I'd be more supportive.

I think it's kind of ironic that this subject is getting so much discussion while the Feds are trying to dig up Jimmy Hoffa.
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

Truism,
    I've worked for a bunch of guys that thought like you through the years. The way we skinned these characters was to be exceptional employees, following our instructions to the letter. Wouldn't be too long till they came squirming around wanting there to be employee input and cooperation. "How can we improve on what we're doing?" they'd ask the monkeys on the floor. We'd just tell them "hey, we're doing everything you said to do." Then the company would replace the whole bunch and we'd begin training a new bunch of elitists. Nobody knows the master better than the slave.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Truism, Get a grip.

ou act like Unions were the savior of the United States working man. More than 90% of those in the work force today aren't part of Unions and those who are part of Unions are finding themselves in a precarious state of uncertainity..
    I repeat what I said before "I am not now, nor have I ever been a fan of the union." This is not something that was poured into my mind by some economnics professor - but from personal or familial experience many, many years ago, and just recently.

My posts were about the people who worked for the unions. The everyday Americans who helped this country to grow and sustained it.

They are now out of jobs or terribly underemployered - I find absoultely no glee in that fact.

They were not all 'thugs', they were not all lazy 'non working' slugs.

Of course I am aware the unions are not as strong - what does that have to do with anything I am saying - nothing.

Unions are not the subject of my posts - rather the people who worked under unions and who made a good living and who contributed.

Those people have now been replaced by sweatshops overseas, greasing of the palms of despotic rulers with taxpayer dollars.

They have been replaced by illegals here in America, greasing of the palms of corrupt politicians by corrupt employers, while those now underemployed or unemployed Americans are supporting the illegals.

That has not been good for America.

While I don't like unions - I don't see how the fact that union workers and their wages are gone has benefitted this country. Things are worse = not better.

I repeat - I was able to afford quality merchandise and what I needed when our salaries were much leaner - our family much larger - something I cannot do now. So the union workers did not cause the price of merchandise to be out of reach - outsourcing, illegal aliens, and their costs have.

Get off the hatred of the union, and think about what was lost when those workers and their jobs were lost.

Separate the workers from the union. It is strange to me that some people would be happy for Americans, contributing Americans, to be out of jobs, yet embrace sweatshop labor and illegal labor, that costs us more in the long run than did the union workers.

How did we reach that ridiculous point? I think it was by mistakenly accepting that people in Washington and professors with letters after their names, knew so much more than we did and not giving it any thought.

It might make everyone feel just great that the unions are busted - but what was put in its place.

The union workers were used as scapegoats so people could be lulled into and brainwashed into agreeing to outsourcing, NAFTA, and illegal immigration.

But it will be poetic justice when all these illegals join the unions and strike at the poultry plant. I can't wait.

How did we reach that ridiculous point? I think it was by mistakenly accepting that people in Washington and professors with letters after their names, knew so much more than we did and not giving it any thought.
    We got here by working sixteen hours a day and working weekends to send our kids to college only to have them spend the holiday home from school telling us we're what's wrong with America. Returning to work after what should have been joyous reunions was a collective heartbreak. We're suckers.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)