Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Truthed,
    Congratulations on gaining citizenship and thank your for service in our armed forces. Did you cut a deal to fast track your citizenship by serving in the armed forces? Or did they tell you to enlist or leave? I would like more details out of curiosity. I've never heard a story like yours. Thanks.

You are right.
    The American way of life is fast disappearing, we're being attacked from all sides, economical and by the use of violence against our great nation.
    I'm out fighting for what is left of it and I hope this country can recover from this invasion.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

<<<<<<<You know, there are a lot of legal hispanics in this country.. why can't Wal-Mart target some of their ad's to regions that they know a good number of hispanics are?

What your doing here is saying "it's not nice they are advertising in bilugual manners b/c I believe all those they are advertising too are illegal"..

you need to look at the bigger picture here Dixie..>>>>>>>>

Truism, I won't attempt to answer for Dixie - we have seen she is very capable of doing her own talking.

Personally, I am offended they would show an ad depicting people wearing 'Mexico' shirts. This is the United States.

They are not targetting this ad to Hipanics - they are targetting this ad to Mexicans. Those people whose allegiance is to Mexico - not this country.

And yes, I realize some legal Mexicans do not speak English. There are Mexicans in Texas whose ancestors were here before the Americans came - who still do not speak English. Those are elderly - not the young that watch soccer. The new generation of Americans of Mexican decent speak English.

So, yes, the ad was aimed at illegal Mexicans - There is no way around it.
    [/quote]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I enlisted before I set a foot in the U.S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Geoff is a troll and I think he got booted earlier today. He was spouting some La Raza stuff.

Truthed,
    Congratulations on gaining citizenship and thank your for service in our armed forces. Did you cut a deal to fast track your citizenship by serving in the armed forces? Or did they tell you to enlist or leave? I would like more details out of curiosity. I've never heard a story like yours. Thanks.

You are right.
    The American way of life is fast disappearing, we're being attacked from all sides, economical and by the use of violence against our great nation.
    I'm out fighting for what is left of it and I hope this country can recover from this invasion.

Dixie
    Hi, Dixie, Before I left Uruguay, I signed in the American Consulate in Montevideo an enlistment agreement that within 6 months of arriving to the U.S.A. I had to report at the Armed Forces and later I was called for a physical. I served in the VA hospital because I'm a dental technician and I did dental and body prosthesis. My father owned a Dental Lab in Montevideo, sold it before we moved to U.S.A. and worked self employed in NYC. President George W. Bush just pushed a few years ago to give immediate citizenship to legal aliens that serve in the Military. When I served they didn't, I had to wait my five years to apply. It really bothers me that I had to serve and wait to be a citizen. Now these MOD EDIT come to the U.S. illegaly and they want citizenship without paying the price while others put their lives on the line for them. Take citizens jobs away and send the money to their countries of origin.

Thanks, Eddie
    "Those who would seek the truth should take care that they may find it and in finding it be horrified." Delos B. McKown

Hi, Dixie, Before I left Uruguay, I signed in the American Consulate in Montevideo an enlistment agreement that within 6 months of arriving to the U.S.A.
    This is very interesting.

I know the policy of awarding citizenship for an enlistment in the military has been around for a long time.

Do they actively recruit from outside the US? To they recruit in all countries or just certain countries?

Anyone know.

nntrixie, I know there are a lot of legal residents and even citizens who speak Spanish only and WalMart can market anyway they want , but I still see it as pandering. It's changed a lot since The days when they sold only American products if they were available. I think the best thing we can do is vote with our wallets. I went into their store for the first time in ages to buy a cargo net for my truck. I felt guilty. Wish I was better at shopping.

Wal-mart is a mixed bag....

Wal-mart did not get to be the world's largest retailer by doing something wrong they did it by doing it right! Wal-mart is Mexico's largest retailer and has a prescence in many other Latin Spanish countries.

I worked at Fred Meter in the late 80's in Seattle. Fred Meyer was the first major US retailer to provide one store shopping. Groceries and hardlines at one location. Like a super Target or Wal-mart.

I worked hardlines and WE at hardlines made the $ for the company. Our UFCW UNION contract topped us out at $7.80 an hour. Now, the checkers and meat cutters on the FOOD side made up to $22 an hour. Was this fair? NOPE!

Who is heading the boycotts of Wal-mart? The UFCW union who see market share at UNION Win Dixie and Kroger et al going down which means loss of union jobs.

Could Wal-mart and should Wal-mart pay their front line employees better? Yes! However, why were we at hardlines paid so much less and we paid union dues? Becuase the $100,000 a year plue UNION LEADERS didn't care about us at hard lines that is why. What is the SEIU union? The illegal IMMIGRANTS union!

I am union now and I shop at Wal-marrt and I will do so. I am not worried about the UFCW but the UAW and GM and Ford. You would not believe how many of my fellow union members will not even consider a GM or Ford product. NO! They want the non union Nissan, Toyota and Honda. Why should I care about these computer jobs going to India? Did these college grads care when unnion jobs at steel plants were shut down?

The market, meaning consumers, will decide. When I do shop at Wally World I do look for made in the USA and I leave quite a few products on the shelf from China. Why did so many Republican senators vote for aamnesty? Self centered interests! Accept it for what it is and do wwhat you have to do!
    The Democrats want to give the country away and the Republicans want to sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Hi, Dixie, Before I left Uruguay, I signed in the American Consulate in Montevideo an enlistment agreement that within 6 months of arriving to the U.S.A.
    This is very interesting.

I know the policy of awarding citizenship for an enlistment in the military has been around for a long time.

Do they actively recruit from outside the US? To they recruit in all countries or just certain countries?

Anyone know.
    nntrixie. I'm 57 years old and I hope you are not trying to accusse me of making things up, don't you ? I put my balls on the line for old U.S.A while many born Americans ran to Canada. I know what I signed and I know what I had to go thru !!!... MOD EDIT
    "Those who would seek the truth should take care that they may find it and in finding it be horrified." Delos B. McKown

Re: WAL-MART!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Wal-Mart Ad!

Right on the front of the sales ad that is printed half in Spanish!****

FReaking a guy sitting in front of a soccer game in a
    MEXICO T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M Blowing a Head Gasket!

What is the ********800 NUMBER!!!!!!

Dixie
    i agree with u 100% that seriously makes me sick..

nntrixie

You got it. You really understand Tex Mex. The Mexican population in Texas is complex. You have Mexican-American families that have been here over a hundred years and can't and don't want to speak Spanish. Then you have the invaders or their relatives that have been here a few years and may have even received amnesty.

That Spanish ad was directed at the illegals that don't speak English.
    No doubt in my mind. That ad was not targeting me an American on Memorial Day.

Truthed,

I believe you.
    I think you received your citizenship in a very honorable way.

It seems that some stores forget that Mexico fielded no armies in support of the Allies during WWI, WWII, Korea, Nam, Desert Storm, or the current war in Iraq. WM also fails to realize that Mexico and Spain were pro Axis during WWII.
    My wife and I lost an uncle in France during WWII and do not care to see or hear the dishonor of the vets that this holiday is about. Memorial Day is about our vets, of all races, that lost their lives defending freedom in our country.

We remember.

Our strength is in our wallets and our votes.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast