Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Truism
    First off, Unions do not help this economy, they hold it down, artificially inflating the benchmark wages of whatever industry they have penatrated.. Those who work at GM do not deserve what they make, nor does any other person involved in a union. All it is, is a union bullying the companies of union members into paying them more than the market bares for any given position/skill set.

Secondly, you stated college grads don't care about union jobs at steel plants going away after they've been shut down. Well, why would they? Any economics class I ever took in college advised that unions were a negative impact on companies/society, and thus, would not be a viable option in operating a company of your own or if you were managing one.
    $20/hr for someone to sweep the floor at GM is a bit rediculous and then they turn around and produce a shoddy product which is overpriced to cover this high overhead due to unions?
    AhAhAhAha Poor old companies getting bullied. And their executives knocking down millions. And then they get in court and testify under oath that they had no idea what was going on in their company. And I guess a retired guy doing nothing for a company is worth $300 million, the company, jet, and lifetime country club. Your dog won't hunt.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

nntrixie. I'm 57 years old and I hope you are not trying to accusse me of making things up, don't you ? I put my balls on the line for old U.S.A while many born Americans ran to Canada. I know what I signed and I know what I had to go thru !!!... MOD EDIT
    Truthed, I don't try to accuse. If I intend to accuse - you will know it.

There was nothing in my post for anyone to make an assumption about.

When I don't know things - I ask questions. I try to ask those questions of people who know or might know. I assumed that was you, in this case.

I do not know if our government actively recruits people from outside the country. I want to know. I asked.

Nothing more and nothing less. Don't go looking for trouble -we have plenty in reality here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

true wrote:
    I put my balls on the line for old U.S.A while many born Americans ran to Canada.
    but many, many more Americans did not run
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Listen, I got a four year BBA, I make what I make b/c some joe blo off the street couldn't do what I can..
    There are a lot of programmers and engineers in this country that thought the same thing - once.

This country is full of people who thought their jobs were safe - they were indispenable.

No I am not saying the unions had anything to do with my being able to purchase the things I did when we were younger, with children. I was making the point things are not cheaper - read that less expensive - since they got rid of all those union workers.

Despite the so called inflated salaries of the workers, I could afford their products. Now I can't afford as much.

So where did all the savings go????

Oh, I can buy pastic geegaws at Wal Mart - all day long. If I am lucky they will last until next week.

Many of my small appliances were made by those union people 40 and 50 years ago - and still working fine. My hand mixer, my big mixer, my blender, my sewing machine, my vacuum cleaner. How many things from Wal Mart will be here 2 years from now????

At least I will have to give you credit - you haven't tried to explain the 'Buggy Whip Analogy' Surely they taught you that in economics 101. They seemed to teach to everyone -totally irrelevant to our situation - but some bought it.

Sis, I did not question that person's contribution - in any way.

I asked a question of someone - pure and simple.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    They're watching a big screen tv paid for with a stolen credit card/identity or welfare checks. They have the El Salvador flag for their gang member "hombres".
    The woman is the illegal's ticket to American citizenship.
    And the kid is the anchor baby.

and he's drinking Fox's Coca-Cola...
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

For those interested, I found this data about tax and socioeconomic status. Only one source of many (and somewhat dated), I'm sure.

Only The Rich Pay Taxes

Top 50% of Wage Earners Pay 96.03% of Income Taxes

October 10, 2003

There is new data for 2001. The share of total income taxes paid by the top 1% fell to 33.89% from 37.42% in 2000. This is mainly because their income share (not just wages) fell from 20.81% to 17.53%. However, their average tax rate actually rose slightly from 27.45% to 27.50%.

Top 5% pay 53.25% of all income taxes (Down from 2000 figure: 56.47%). The top 10% pay 64.89% (Down from 2000 figure: 67.33%). The top 25% pay 82.9% (Down from 2000 figure: 84.01%). The top 50% pay 96.03% (Down from 2000 figure: 96.09%). The bottom 50%? They pay a paltry 3.97% of all income taxes. The top 1% is paying more than ten times the federal income taxes than the bottom 50%! And who earns what? The top 1% earns 17.53 (2000: 20.81%) of all income. The top 5% earns 31.99 (2000: 35.30%). The top 10% earns 43.11% (2000: 46.01%); the top 25% earns 65.23% (2000: 67.15%), and the top 50% earns 86.19% (2000: 87.01%) of all the income.

Data was taken from IRS figures.

Sorry forget to add this (edited): You are both correct actually. one group pays more in actual dollars....the other pays more as a percent of gross income. All depends on how you want to count your beans.

To clarify my statement about union workers paying taxes - I didn't just mean income tax.

Mystatement was to the fact they paid city taxes, school taxes, etc. They contributed to the upkeep of this country.

About the tax information - is there a site that gives the percentages based on income? In other words, what incomes constitutes the 1%, 5%, etc.

I didn't see any incomes. When they say top 50% - what incomes are they talking about.

Also, are there any more current information.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Sis, I did not question that person's contribution - in any way.

I asked a question of someone - pure and simple.
    TRIX
    I lost you? Question who? Please Point me in the direction, Trix, and let me see if you misunderstood me?
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

About the tax information - is there a site that gives the percentages based on income? In other words, what incomes constitutes the 1%, 5%, etc.

I didn't see any incomes. When they say top 50% - what incomes are they talking about.
    It changes from year to year. You need to get that data from the IRS web site http://www.irs.gov/ or from an accountant who would have used this data to prepare your return (if you used one. If not, it was in your tax instructions)

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast