Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

They are not targetting this ad to Hipanics - they are targetting this ad to Mexicans. Those people whose allegiance is to Mexico - not this country.

And yes, I realize some legal Mexicans do not speak English. There are Mexicans in Texas whose ancestors were here before the Americans came - who still do not speak English. Those are elderly - not the young that watch soccer. The new generation of Americans of Mexican decent speak English.
    Again, your assuming every Mexican is illegal..To me, that is bordering on what ALIPAC is against.. Furthermore, if you look at how they paper was written, it was listing everything in both English and Spanish, not just Spanish.

I am union now and I shop at Wal-marrt and I will do so. I am not worried about the UFCW but the UAW and GM and Ford. You would not believe how many of my fellow union members will not even consider a GM or Ford product. NO! They want the non union Nissan, Toyota and Honda. Why should I care about these computer jobs going to India? Did these college grads care when unnion jobs at steel plants were shut down?
    First off, Unions do not help this economy, they hold it down, artificially inflating the benchmark wages of whatever industry they have penatrated.. Those who work at GM do not deserve what they make, nor does any other person involved in a union. All it is, is a union bullying the companies of union members into paying them more than the market bares for any given position/skill set.

Secondly, you stated college grads don't care about union jobs at steel plants going away after they've been shut down. Well, why would they? Any economics class I ever took in college advised that unions were a negative impact on companies/society, and thus, would not be a viable option in operating a company of your own or if you were managing one.
    $20/hr for someone to sweep the floor at GM is a bit rediculous and then they turn around and produce a shoddy product which is overpriced to cover this high overhead due to unions?

I'll buy foreign vehicles and I'll shop at Wal-Mart.. But my question still remains, how many of you own products that were made in Mexico ?

Answer: ALL.. nuff said, now go boycott El Pablo's Mexican Restaraunt or something...

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    I worked for Wal-Mart for two years and I can vouch for everything negative that has been said about them.

I am so very glad to have freed myself of that corps-oration
    If you didn't like it so much, why did you stay there so long in the first place?

This kind of statement reminds me a lot of women who are in abusive relationships, but won't leave, even after years of abuse.. I guess something kept them hanging around just as something at Wal-Mart was good enough to keep you around. So don't patronize this board unless you got something more pallatable to share.

What really got me about the ad is that it was a Memorial Day ad. Walmart should have been honoring our veterans and not Mexico or soccer. There should have been US flags on the front page not Mexican ones. It is a patriotic holiday.

I also felt like it was a kick in the face especially since the crappy immigration bill passed.

Labor unions built the middle class in America. Somewhere along the way they got a little out of hand but that wasn't the first generation of union members who had seen what it was like to be serfs. Ronald Regan busted the Air traffic controllers union and that was the beginning of the end for unions in America. The illegals are bringing the pre- union days back. If you want to know what that is like read the Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

Quote:
    They are not targetting this ad to Hipanics - they are targetting this ad to Mexicans. Those people whose allegiance is to Mexico - not this country.

And yes, I realize some legal Mexicans do not speak English. There are Mexicans in Texas whose ancestors were here before the Americans came - who still do not speak English. Those are elderly - not the young that watch soccer. The new generation of Americans of Mexican decent speak English.

Again, your assuming every Mexican is illegal..To me, that is bordering on what ALIPAC is against.. Furthermore, if you look at how they paper was written, it was listing everything in both English and Spanish, not just Spanish.
    Reread my post - I said nothing about assuming all people of Mexican descent are illegals. You are looking really hard - but there is nothing there to even attempt to hang that hat on ------

I live in Texas - good grief!!!

Secondly, you stated college grads don't care about union jobs at steel plants going away after they've been shut down. Well, why would they? Any economics class I ever took in college advised that unions were a negative impact on companies/society, and thus, would not be a viable option in operating a company of your own or if you were managing one.
    I take a backseat to no one in my dislike of the union. That didn't come from some economics class, but in actually seeing things work. That doesn't mean I think that America is better off now that we no longer have a blue collar middle class.

One reason college graduates should have cared is because those nasty old union workers, help pay the taxes, support the schools, communities, and helped pay for that college the grads attended.

As for the economics class - that kinda may be the problem. I have been debating people on this subject for a while and I think to accept the economic theories taught in class might just be what is wrong today.
    All those professors have people convinced that labor is just a commodity.
    If you have an education you are worth what you are paid - but if you can do a job with your hands, no matter what, your work is worthless. Oh, yes I wish I had a nickel for the phrase, 'a monkey could do'.

They have convinced people that a country can be viable of we have a lot of poor people, no middle class and a few upper class - I am talking income wise - not 'having class'.

One of the things that made this country strong is the fact it had a middle class. One of the things that made that middle class was blue collar working people, with good salaries.

Those economic professors combined with greedy corporations and even greedier politicians decided to use the union worker as a scapegoat to try to convince the American people they had to go offshore or import workers.

The union didn't help there workers in this situation. I am not sure why - but they seem to want a lot of illegals here. It will be poetic justice when all the illegals unionize and get those same salaries Americans once got.

So now that we are full of illegals, HB workers, have a diminished middle class - we have stagnant wages, more people slipping into poverty, no savings, unbelieveable personal debt, millions of people with no healthcare, etc. etc.

So boy, we got rid of those nasty old union workers and we filled this country with those wonderful illegals that certainly brought down those inflated wages and we have so many more people that need us to provide their basic needs, both illegal and citizens.

I am also aware that when all those union guys earning those inflated salaries were working - I could afford a car, a house, health insurance, good (quality) clothing, good food, etc., etc., All that in our early married life - it is harder to do now that we have more income, no children, and less expenses (as in number of expenses - not overall monies) Although all this cheap labor, exported labor, and imported labor has brought all this wonderful stuff - many Americans can't afford the essentials.

Those union workers paid taxes, helped to maintain and sustain this country. They purchased homes (without taxpayer help), they paid their way, they sent their kids to college, they served in our armed forces. In short, they contributed to this country.

It is true that American cars became a piece of junk. That had nothing to do with the man working to build it - it had to do with the engineering and cheap materials.

Sometimes people work at Wal Mart because it is the only work to be had.

I realize that all of those with all the education feel they are just so secure in their jobs. If you are not a business owner working illegals - watchout.

All these illegals coming here are not becoming nannies, lawn men, and plucking chickens.

I can't wait until they 'come out of the shadows' or become legally legal and all of those educated guys realize a bunch of these folks have plenty of education and will come looking for the 'good' jobs. I see plenty of them with coiffed hair, manicures, and wearing designer clothes.
    They didn't make that money as poor peasants in Mexico.
    I wonder then if they will still believe that labor is just a commodity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

One reason college graduates should have cared is because those nasty old union workers, help pay the taxes, support the schools, communities, and helped pay for that college the grads attended.
    Lower to middle income people aren't what pay most of the taxes in this country, it is the upper class who does.

One of the things that made this country strong is the fact it had a middle class. One of the things that made that middle class was blue collar working people, with good salaries.
    This country was never strong b/c of blue collar workers.. again, upper class pay most of the taxes in this country.

If you have an education you are worth what you are paid - but if you can do a job with your hands, no matter what, your work is worthless. Oh, yes I wish I had a nickel for the phrase, 'a monkey could do'.
    Listen, I got a four year BBA, I make what I make b/c some joe blo off the street couldn't do what I can.. If you got some guy named Bubba turning a wrench on a couple bolts on a vehicle at GM 2000 times a day, that doesn't take any thinking nor any special skill set.. But yet, GM will pay Bubba $20/hr to put those bolts into that car b/c some stupid Union got it's greedy hands in their business and told them to pay them these inflated wages or else. That is NOT the American way, nor a honest living that person named Bubba is earning.

And by the way, not sure what time period your speaking of when u could afford this or that, but if your blaming the decline of unions in the market place for your lack of disposable income, why don't you blame it on the illegals mooching off the tax payers of this country. Stop trying to blame it on the corporations and college professors.

Oh, and if I had a nickel for every over paid union worker out there that a monkey could replace, I'd be freaking rich.

It is true that American cars became a piece of junk. That had nothing to do with the man working to build it - it had to do with the engineering and cheap materials.
    dont know, have u been out to a GM plant lately? bunch of freaking drunks.. the plant near my home has been raided by the police several times for open containers and public intoxication. You can go to their parking lot and find liquor bottles, beer cans, etc scattered about. Trust me, GM workers are not the hard working people you think they are.. Infact, they are some of the laziness, stuck up, and overpaid people I've ever seen.

Unions are being phased out, so really don't know why your trying to defend them. They are a leech on this society, just like the illegals are.

Truism, the UAW is not the only labor union. I hate to sound like John McCain bit could you wire, plumb or frame a house? I don't know if you studied logic to get the BBA you are so proud of but if you didn't, think about this. Those Captains of Industry you admire so that pay all of the taxes wouldn't have a pot to piss in if there had not been a middle class to buy their goods and services. Now they want to take their wealth and outsource for even more money . For the poor big business guys who don't have jobs that can be outsourced they want cheap illegal labor.

Truism wrote:
    This country was never strong b/c of blue collar workers.. again, upper class pay most of the taxes in this country.
    Are you living on Planet Zanex? HUH? You've got American History twisted in a pretzel.

Blue collar workers built this country my friend. They were and are the backbone of America. Many of our most creative people, inventors came from blue collar families. GET A GRIP
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Truism,

I'm starting to wonder if you work for Wal-Mart!

Dixie

Truism

There was a fabulous documentary on Wal-Mart on CNBC, put together by David Faber. The Wal-Mart documentary has earned CNBC and Faber a prestigious Peabody award. I think you would find it interesting. It occasionally gets rebroadcasted on weekends or slow news periods like the summer but I also believe CNBC might sell it on DVD or VHS. Was a real informative piece of work. It's a shame it was never broadcasted on a public channel or one of the networks since most everyday people don't really watch CNBC (financial news).

That Walmart ad is further proof that companies are willing to cater to the ones that won't assimulate and i agree their preparing in case Amnesty gets past into law.

Truism, if it wasn't for low to middle income workers, there would be no upper middle and High income class, you need to read up on Economics and supply and demand factors.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast