Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The whole racist thing is so revealing to me as someone who lives amongst the illegals and legal hispanics.

My nice hispanic neighbor (law abiding with kids in catholic school, nice father who lives down the street etc) happened to be walking down the street the other evening when I walked out front to check on something and we got to talking about why he can't park near his house anymore and why the American neighbors across the street are moving and how often we need to call the cops so he went down his checklist of reasons, one of them being that when he moved in to the neighborhood there weren't as many hispanics on our block and it was quiet, peaceful and he could park his car near his house and didn't worry so much about his kids being eaten by pitbulls.

He knows that my immediate next door illegal mexican neighbors are the worst group of people in the town and hates them as much as I do.

Point being, we 'WHITE PEOPLE' have our own names for other white people that behave like the illegal mexicans and OTM's and we dislike them just as much based on their impact on our lives.
    These are the 'WHITE PEOPLE' that drink in their cars, cause disturbances in the neighborhood, have loud parties all the time, look at our little girls like fresh meat etc.

The MAJOR difference here is that all of these 'WHITE PEOPLE' have names and faces and can be tracked by the police and arrested because they (unfortunately) belong in this country and are legal citizens UNLIKE the illegal mexicans and OTM's. We would rid our neighborhoods of these people just as vigorously as the illegal mexicans.

It does make a huge difference when the illegal mexicans and OTM's in our country cause this much trouble and act like such low lifes since the blatant truth of the matter remains that THEY DON'T EVEN BELONG IN OUR COUNTRY.

We have our own bad apples and don't need the bad jalepeno's from the third world countries to the south adding to our social problems.

As someone already posted, we had ways of dealing with this back in the day that simply involved a carload of guys having a 'talk' with the bad guys in the neighborhood. AH, the good ole days.....
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

this sound good?!

Thank you mkfarnam for those contacts.
    __________________________________________________ __________

I posted some questions on our town website to a guy that says he is considering running for mayor. I would like to post his response. I'm certainly going to vote for him if this is his true platform. My original post in red. Opinions??
    __________________________________________________ __________

Wally Da Vinci

713 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 : 08:01:15 Show Profile Reply with Quote

quote:Originally posted by fedupinwaukegan

Some questions for you Sir;

-When is the next mayoral election?

-Have you made a decision to enter?

-If you have been following the news about Hazleton, PA and other cities would you consider following any of their actions (i.e. fining employers who employ illegal aliens, calling ICE to come pick up illegals, fining landlords who rent to illegals, going after the gangs...).

-If you do not believe in the above actions what would you do about the illegal aliens?

-Do you the city being sued 10 years ago (see Question for Arbiter in Waukegan Whispers) is the reason behind their passivity about the above issue or some other reason?

I'll have more questions later if indeed you are still considering running.

Thank you and good night.

I really want to do this to be honest. I've been back & forth from the West coast (work) so much that focusing on any one thing has been next to impossible. I am in the process of pulling together "pledges" from a few local businesses and people. I'm trying to "sell" them on the idea that all hope is not lost and a young buck (such as myself) can give some of the existing plans a shot in the ass to get them moving and short term plans for the future. I say short term because we need some immediate gratification. We can still keep long term goals in mind... but I think we want little rewards all through the long term process.
    Yup... I've watched the news. I said (within the past year) previously that something has to be done. Fining businesses is fine... but why stop there? Strike two... business suspension for a week. Strike three... suspended for a month. Strike four... loss of license. It's not discrimination... it's a black & white written rule... if you don't like it, don't hire people who can't provide documentation. Kinda simple... If you want to sue... go for it. If you lose the suit... YOU pay for all legal expenses. Makes ya think... Don't it? ICE... that's a Federal agency that's not in the habit of chauffering people from the midwest to wherever... it's a novel idea but the $$ involved would make that agency say "no". My idea is better... don't give people who don't have documentation a reason to come here. You will always see the stereotypical self-employed type of jobs out there that "Americans don't want" but the ones that can be monitored (in businesses that have licenses e.g. restaurants) should be scrutinized and the rule/ordinances should be followed. I'm sure that some will say that this is Gestapo like techniques and call me racist and whatever else. They'll say that these are hard working people and Americans won't do the type of work (for the money) that these people do... First of all... Cry me a river... If we want to get a job done, we will find a way to do it. If the money is a problem .... we will still find a way to do it... We can employ a person who is a citizen just as easy as a person who isn't a citizen. If we honestly standardize the minimum pay, you even things out a bit for entry level workers. You don't have the competition for a job for a $7 an hour job that someone is willing to take $4 an hour for. Business is about competition and survival.... but our city is all about survival. The landlords/overcrowded housing here (which is NOT unique to Waukegan) will be addressed as well. If landlords fail to comply after progressive warnings/citations, guess what... your house is now MY house. If you don't like it... sue me... and when you lose... YOU get ALL the legal bills. The time to grab our ankles and take it need to be over. City employees and officials will be expected to do a little bit more, a little differently to get the ball rolling. Residents of this city will be required to follow occupancy standards (currently in place but barely enforced). Aldermen, Code Enforcement, Fire & Police will see their fair share of extra work. It will cost us (taxpayers) at first, but the ultimate goal is to have our neighborhoods, schools, hospitals and city services overused a lot less. We are spread too thin. A system similar to CrimeStoppers can be set in motion where you can report overcrowding, code violations, etc. if that report leads to action, you get a little somethin' for your effort. Nazi-like? Tough s**t! We are sick of a reputation and city that has gone down the drain. We can bring it back... not overnight or without a ton of work, effort and even some trouble, but we can revive this area. Gang suppression can be stepped up... but it will take more specially trained officers on multiple shifts... that means money. Sorry but thats the reality of it. It can and should be done starting in the junior highs/middle schools (whatever) and on into the adult realm on the streets. The best way to get kids to not join is to educate them that even though they see it glorified on TV, CDs, Radio, etc. it's a life style that will put them in one of a few places... wheelchairs, prisons or caskets.
    I remember the suit. I believe the reason for it is because it targeted FAMILIES per house... there's wording to get past that.
    We need to quit being afraid of being sued.... Who's city is this? Ours or someone who wants to sue? I say it's time to get tough...

Anybody wanna go against me?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americanelizabeth, if your story is true, then you have every reason to do what you do. I don't deny your story, because I must admit I have seen alot of what you are talking about. To straighten out the facts, I also get mad when illegal immigrants or hispanic proudly raise the mexican flag and only the mexican flag in their front yards. I get mad when I realize so much $$ that is coming out of my check and going to people who purposely had so many kids so they could get more food stamps, and then they brag to others about how they "fooled the government." I also get mad when people show ignorance by promoting "aztlan", and when they think all of their life's problems is only because of gringos. I am tired of how the actions of some are ruining people's perception of what it means being hispanic.

The only reason I type responses is to get you to see the whole story. If you live in a place like you say you do, I don't blame you in not seeing everything that is going on in regards to illegal immigration. But if your story is taken into account to promote your agenda, then you must take my story into account as well and not just ignore it as if it didn't exist.

I came to Michigan about 11 years to get away from the crime that was going on in Chicago. When I first came here, in my whole school, there were only 3 hispanic families. This town was a dump. There were only 2 gas stations, the town hall, school, and a whole bunch of abandoned houses. As time passed, my father got into the house construction business, which he learned by simple try and error. The first house he "fixed" looked like crap, but the last one looed brand new. Soon, more hispanic people came to Michigan for the same reason, to give their kids a place far from crime. Soon many people got into house construction. MANY WERE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. They could not find a job, so they either managed to get loans and get into the business, or work some time in house construction, and other times in picking fruit.

It is now 2006. I graduated on June and my school has a 47% latino population. Houses all over the place are being redone. Hispanics have made stores and restaurants all over the place. The house's value of the town has risen sharply. By no means am I saying that my town has progressed just because illegal immigrants came here, but they sure as hell did their part to make this a better community.

There is nothing to refute in your story nor mines because both are true. So if both are true, both MUST be taken into account when "comprehensive immigration reform" is done by our Congress.

Chicano, if I break into your house and do something good for myself that will never excuse the initial crime(s) nor give anyone any reason to reward me later.

That lame argument will always result in 'criminals doing good for themselves and their families'. The prisons are filled with people who commit crimes for the exact same reasons as the illegals and that gives our legal system every right to separate them from their families and make them all suffer the consequences.

We owe criminals NOTHING, we owe illegals NOTHING.

Because they are one and the same.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

Sorry, but I don't talk to people who exclude others because of their nationality. No more mexicans? If you are going to use your same lame excuse of "illegal means illegal" period, atleast know what you are making your fuss about. Once again, I gotta ask is this about Mexicans, or illegal immigrants

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Chicano, it is true, and very frustrating. I am glad to see that your parents are the kind that are good neighbors, good parents and work hard to do good in their and your lives, however, they need to have done it legally, by coming here legally I mean.

If they truly are so successful, great because my husband is a Vietnam Veteran, spent 11 years in the Air Force, but he cannot find a job that pays enough, and because of that, we are unable to get financing (a loan for a house or a business) to have a decent place to live. Do people like us "blame" the job situation on the illegal immigrants coming here, in short, yes.

We look at our situation as personal, we'll find our own way out. However, had there never been an issue with illegal aliens coming into America, and thus jobs were much more plentiful, employers definitely would be offering more livable wages to people like my husband (who has a lot of experience and time under his belt, so his worth is proven and should be more valuable), or myself for that matter, then we would not be sitting here, and my kids would not have felt the sting of racism that they have.

This is where most people on ALIPAC are coming from. We are glad that you and your family are the "nice ones", but you have to understand that it does not negate having come here illegally.

People talk about this idea of "comprehensive reform", but how will that work? If someone is willing to sneak in illegally, lie to get a job, use false papers, then what's stopping them from saying they have been here longer than 5 years, so they can stay? How can we trust their word in the first place, when they cheated the system in the first place to be here?

It is hard for me to understand that no matter how hungry you are, how desperate you feel, to do things the wrong way, it never pays off, you will always have to answer for it eventually.

Chicano, I think the Latino people around us here are under the perception that all Americans have money, thus I am going to explain something to you, if it sounds like I'm talking down to you, I am sorry, I am not. There have been many times in my life as a child, and then as an adult, that I and my family members have gone without meals, gone without decent shoes or clothes. What we were taught from day one by my parents was that God expects all of us to abide by the laws, and no matter how hungry or frustrated you might feel at your own situation, you are expected to find a lawful and right way to get what you need or want. This applied even to food. If you were in need that bad, you would talk to people, tell then you will be willing to work for some money to get the food you need.

I feel it is no different when you are sitting across that southern border, it is unlawful, and wrong in God's and mans eyes to cross that border without permission of the U.S. Government, no matter what. Maybe you will have it good for a little bit, but eventually God exacts a price for breaking that law, and others if the person has. I feel that for many illegal aliens, that time has come, in the form of angry and fed-up Americans, who want the right thing done.

Anyone wanting to please God and get the thumbs up from the American public, needs to go back, then apply and wait for lawful approval to be here.

I do not care if you are green, yellow or purple, of if you are Baptist or Catholic, God and man expect the rules to be followed. My father told me never to make excuses for yourself if you have done wrong, never, this is why I cannot accept anyones excuse why they came here illegally.

Certainly would never say your story is not true Chicano, nor is mine. America needs LEGAL immgrants that act like your family, we do not need the cheaters and the liars and the pedophiles (heaven knows we already have enough) and drug dealers, as well as the average illegal immigrant who just happens to hate Americans. No Chicano we do not need them, we do need law abiding LEGAL immigrants. So do us all a favor, do the right thing, encourage others you know to do the right thing too. If nothing else, it pleases God (and of course Americans too).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chicano has won me over. At first I thought he was a posturing crybaby who wasn't satisfied with having the president and the senate and the mainstream media on his side. He desperately needs for us to agree with his simplistic views too. You must admit he has gotten a lot of attention. Finally his wit and wisdom have won me over. I find myself humming "We are the World' while driving, and sometimes blurting out "Bono rules". You go Chicano !!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Funny Andyt!!!!

Forgot about that "We are the World" song. Mmmmmmm......I feel the need for a warm fuzzy hug from Michael Jackson, oh my gosh, no, I better not, I have a 12 year old son!!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

waukegan post

Whoa!! Thanks mkfarnam for posting on our town website. I was THRILLED to see that. Two people have responded so far.

I would welcome any thoughts on my post above on 'Wally Davinci's' comments on taking care of the illegal immigrants in our town.

Is there an ICE office in Chicago? I would think so.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well there is the difference between you and me elizabeth. You are fighting your side because of what you have seen, while I am fighting my side because of what I have seen. I just hope stereotypical garbage on both sides like " Illegals are narcotic felons!!" to " Claim back our sacred land of Aztlan!!" are not the fundemental bases people are using as motivation for their cause, whatever their side may be. Both are equally inane.

Andyt, your sarcastic humor motivates me even more. Must admit, somewhat funny, but just keep in mind that my "simplistic" views are not alone.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast