Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

would you also report illegals you know ?

I visit the site so now and then, but didn't have the feeling to write yet.
    I'm just wondering if you would also report illegals you like.

I support the deportation of all illegal aliens, including their children.
    But I've the feeling that most people that want to deport illegal aliens, only want the Hispanic illegals to leave the country. We should not forget that wel also have tens of thousands of illegals from Europe too.

Now having said that ( that all illegal aliens should be deported ), I do have some conflicting feelings. I work in a bar during the weekends and I check people's ID before I serve them alcohol. One girl came up to me and showed me a foreign driver's license, which I refused as I can't read a foreign language. So later she came up with her passport ( Polish ) and it had a US tourist visa in it, but it was expired for more than 6 months.

Actually I shouldn't have looked into her passport apart from the first page as I would not have seen the visa on page 10. I told her that it expired and she looked scared when I mentioned it. But, it's not my job to deport her. It's my duty to report, but not to deport. I now see her almost every week now and I start to like her, although I know she works without a ssn, and gets paid under the table. Normally I would report ANY illegal alien to ICE, but I think it's wrong to report her.

So my question is: Do some of you also think that you would never report an illegal who you personally know ?

Steven
    PS: interesting site anyway.

I smell troll, but I could be wrong. Would I report an illegal I know? I would ask them why they are above the law. There are so many people who would love to come to this country. They go about it through the established immigration laws. Is it a pain in the butt? You darn right it is but they show respect for our laws and country. To answer your question, yes I would report them

If she's overstayed her Visa she needs to be reported.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Steven, welcome brother...that's a question only you can answer, you have to follow your own conscience...just like we're all doing... in my opinion what we're tryin' to do here (in the ALIPAC forum) is to network info on how we as citizens can ensure that our elected officials (and other civil servants) are held to doing THEIR jobs preventing illegal immigration and enforcing illegal immigration statutes, etc... so..

steven-Is English your first language? Your writing reminds me of a second language learner's writing.

Steven,

Welcome aboard!

I would have to say yes, I would report someone I knew if I knew for certain they were here illegaly.
    The law is the law, and there can be no exceptions. If exception is made for one, all will expect it, and then there's no more law.
    Unfortunately, this is part of the ugly and dark side of this issue which has affected many people.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I know illegal aliens that I like and I do not bother to report them. To me it is more important that the country have an immigration policy that protects its citizens. The immigration policy should be reflected in laws and the laws should be enforced. It does not make sense to report illegal aliens to ICE if ICE does nothing with the information. Before I would report individual illegal aliens I would want to put pressure on the government to act on that sort of information in general.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hear you Richard, but my husband and I know FAR too many formerly well paid, now currently unemployed, American citizen construction workers!

Perhaps you can explain how these jobs, which Americans were paid between $18 - $35 an hour (plus benefits) to do just a few short years ago are now being done by illegals for $8 - $12 and hour, cash under table with NO benefits.

The answer of course, is obvious. CHEAP, POCKET LINING, LABOR!

It's important to follow your conscience...I'd more than likely report the person. Yes, there are many Europeans here illegally, who should also be made to go home.

That being said, I hope there's never a guest worker program, but if it was ever implemented, I'd prefer that the workers came from Europe, just to irritate Mexico and Central America for all of the illegal shenanigans their governments have pulled on us over the last few decades regarding illegal immigration.

Ostrich

Banned
    One-word answer: YES

Adding a bit of detail, I would probably not personally know such a lawbreaker because I would (and do) tell any person who is illegal to go back home and come back here the right way or not at all. An acquaintance of mine who lives in LA was so worried that I was going to report his girlfriend, who turned out to be here illegally and getting a free junior college education on the California taxpayer dime, that he married her to make her "legal." After just over a year, she left him for another illegal alien and disappeared to another state. I owe that acquaintance of mine a solid slap upside the head.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast