Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012
    ALIPAC is an Equal Opportunity Deporter or EOD!
    I generally try to make it a point to avoid law breakers and would certainly not get friendly with any. However, should someone I know announce to me that they are here illegally, I would attempt to educate them on the repercussions of being in the US illegally, and strongly suggest that they start taking steps to make things right. Maybe even urge them to self-deport. So, I probably wouldn't report a friend right away but eventually I would. A person also needs to consider the legal repercussions they might face for not reporting an illegal alien. Steven sounds like he may be developing a romantic interest with this person. To enter into or continue with this type of relationship will only draw you into their web of deceit.
    Steve, take a look at this http://www.vdare.com/mann/illlegal_alien_women.htm

It could happen to you.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

But I've the feeling that most people that want to deport illegal aliens, only want the Hispanic illegals to leave the country.
    This is a common misconception with illegals and supporters of illegals who happen to be hispanic. It's a falsity fueled by organizations such as the ACLU, LaRaza, and the media.

The truth is, people who do not want illegals here do not care where the illegals are from. They are all breaking the laws of this nation.

To answer the question of reporting illegals I know. Yes, I would report them. They make the choice to break our laws, I make the choice to help them be held accountable for their choice.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Sometimes it is hard to determine whether people are legal or illegal. However, if I know for a fact that someone is here illegally, I wouldn't hesitate to turn them in.

Steven had a golden opportunity to do his civic duty and passed it by if you ask me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanx y' all for your honest answers, knowing that some of you could have a problem with reporting someone you know.

Steeler,

Noone is above the law and she knows it. I'm just curious why she doesn't move back to her country, she has no relatives at all here in the US. When I asked the question if someone would report an illegal s/he knows, I meant to say: " knowing that person very well / or really like a person "

Not some vague person living on the the other side of the street.

Moosetracks,

Of course, you're right, but we all have our feeling we can't always control.

Patrick- Henry,

Thanks for the welcome, bro.
    It's true that I'm the only one who can answer that question, just wanted to know what patriots like you had to say about it. I'd normally report illegals, but this is different. Let's see what happens in Nov, if the illegal immigration issue will have an impact on how, and what we vote for.

Mayday,

Yes, I don't speak any other language.

Sippy,

Thank you for your warm welcome and your honest answer.
    Would you also report someone you know very well, someone you like ?
    I'm 100% sure she's illegal; I had her passport in my hand. She knew I would see it and think that was the reason she tried to get served with her Polish driver's license.

Richard,

I don't border to report illgals either, but this is a special case.
    No matter how you want illegals out, there will always be some for who you'll be willing to make an exception. That makes us human.

Ostrich,

If I'm to follow my conscience, I would not report her,normally I would. I hope, and think, that the guest worker program will be canceled. The House will not support it.

Crockets,

Cool avatar !!!
    An illegal married a legal citizen to divorce a year later.
    That means that the gc can be revoked. It takes 5 years to become a citizen and 2 years ( correct me if I'm wrong ) to keep your GC. What I heard is that if an illegal marries a US citizen, s/he would still be eligible for deportion because s/he broke the law in the first place. The gc can still be revoked.

Alipac,

" Equal Opportunity Deporter or EOD, "

I like that one, LOL !!!
    It's great to know that ALIPAC threats all illegals the same way. There're some discussion going over the internet that says something like : " once all the illegals have been deported, let's deport all citizens of color too. Let's start with illegal Hispanics, but don't stop there "

At this point, I would even report someone a family member or friend was dating or planning to marry if they were in the country illegally. "

That's a very difficult. If it means that my family member or friend would end contact / friendship with me, I'm not so sure whether I'd report the illegal s/he is going to marry. This is difficult, man.

DLM,

Guess you're right, that most illegals are from Mexico, but I'm not sure.
    Maybe it looks that most of them are from Mexico because that country is always meddling with our domestic policy, but if most illegals are really from Mexico, I don't know.

They' re marching in our streets, true, but they are backed by huge interest groups and the Mexican government, while illegals from other countries are not being represented, so they may fear deportation when they would march in our streets.

John B,

I like your answer. You're, like me, a person that would love to see all illegals leave the country, but you also show your human feelings; that you wouldn't report an illegal right away, even knowing you want them all out. I'll see what happens between me and the girl.

Elizabeth,

Thanx for sharing that interesting story from your brothers teen years.
    Times change and my guess is that not many parents are willing to report their son/cousin.

She has knowingly broken our laws, the I - 94 was stamped and a final return date was written on it. You know, I really wish I didn't look into her passport and only checked the first page. We all play favorites, Liz.

If she gets caught and deported, it's likely that she can't visit the US for years, that's the problem I face. Many here say they would report any illegal they know, but I would like to hear an answer again if it was an illegal you like; I bet that will makes things different.

Poland is a pretty rich country, I know, she will get on with her life there or anywhere else in Europe. It's an European member state since recently, if I'm not mistaken.

no illegals allowed,

that's blunt, man, but honest.
    I read the link, but sh*t can happen to us all.

Junius,

It's clear that she's illegal, not really illegal - she overstayed a valid visa - but she shouldn't be here. Civic duty to report her ? When ? On the evening she showed me her passport ? Know that it's very crowded where I work. I've to check ID's, kick problem makers out, serve drinks; it's hard work. Didn't have time to report her that evening, but actually wanted too. But when time passed by and she visited the place more often, we started to talk , I started to like her, well, things get different.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Steve,
    I think she would make more money working in the European Union (since she is a Polish citizen and thus an EU citizen she is able to work anywhere in the EU legally). She wouldn't be breaking any laws and she would also be closer to home.

Does she really want to risk spending time in jail waiting for deportation (which can take a while being that it's more time consuming to send someone back to Poland then to mexico) and being banned from here for 10 years?

I bet if you talked with her about working in the EU she might choose to self deport. That would save the taxpayers some money and would save her from jail time.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Interesting question.

I would say that I do not believe I would get to know an illegal, if for no other reason the language barrier. I do have one friend, however, who claims to be illegal due to some mix up with paperwork when he came here over 20 years ago. I am pretty sure he has acquired all of the necessary paperwork since then, but if he hasn't, I would be willing to help him out even if it meant loaning him a large some of money to pay for processing. He's not one of these illegal immigrants who refuses to Americanize himself, like so many we see on our streets and read about in the news. He's just as much an American as me. That makes all the difference in the world.

Oddly enough, my friend also is very opposed to my position on immigration. He blames the system for being so messed up that it pretty much makes it next to impossible to migrate to the U.S. with all necessary paperwork without dropping a ridiculous amount of money. I agree that the system may be a bit messed up, but we begin to disagree at the point of giving up on it and doing whatever or trying to fix it and work out the kinks.

I was told by a mutual friend that if it was not for illegal immigration our buddy would not be here, and we would not know him. My response is that if it was not for slavery I would not be here, and neither of them would know me. The point being, of course, that a good biproduct of a bad thing does not justify its existence or presence.

Long story short, though I may not report an illegal friend of mine, I would certain help him/her to become legal quickly because someone else could (and SHOULD) report him/her.

It's clear that she's illegal, not really illegal - she overstayed a valid visa -
    Say what? If she overstayed her visa she's just as illegal as those who came across the border. How many million of the 30 million are overstays I wonder.

Badthingsman, good to see you.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    It's clear that she's illegal, not really illegal - she overstayed a valid visa -
    Say what? If she overstayed her visa she's just as illegal as those who came across the border. How many million of the 30 million are overstays I wonder.

Badthingsman, good to see you.
    I agree, but there's a difference. The illegals that cross the border are people we just don't know who they are and if they're dangerous. The girl I talk about had a background check when she applied for that tourist visa.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Steve to be honest, I would not have gotten friendly after the initial knowledge of her being illegal. I would have distanced myself from that sitaution and pointed her in the direction of some legal help to get the advice she needed to hear, self deport and not risk further prosecution.

You know why I would distanced myself? I would not have wanted the remote possibility of being prosecuted for aiding and abeting, yes I know you are only friends, but stranger things have happened, look at those Border Patrol agents being prosecuted for DOING their jobs!

No Steve, I might have liked her, or heck even loved her like a sister, but if I knew she had done something wrong, I would have walked away and told her why. Report her? Yes, so long as she refused to abide by the laws. It is that important to me, that everyone abide by the laws, it applies to us and everyone wanting to be here, there can be no exceptions.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

badthingsman,

that's a very interesting answer.
    You oppose illegal immigration, but are willing to help an illegal out when you think s/he has been americanized. That's why I asked the question, to see how people would react if they were in my shoes. If she really wants to stay in the US, I may help her. She's a very nice person. The majority want illegals out, but the point of view may change when you get to know an illegal personally.

Thank you for your answer to my question.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast