Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO IS STRUGGLING to pay EXHORBITANT HEALTH CARE PREMIUMS.

I resent the HELL out of an illegal getting free medical care. YOU BET YOUR you-know-what I do.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

JJ,

Take care of the baby how? We can't take it away from it's mother and then return it a year later, can we? Most illegal immigrants in this state make $5.15 an hour or less. That is the state minimum wage. They can't rent a house, they can't afford a car, they can hardly even afford to eat on that amount of money. That is why so many live in one house and share one car. But with the money they save, they send it home to bring more of their people in.
    No we can't take the baby away from the mother and return it later. That's not what i meant. What I meant is that we take care for the baby the first year and then deport the baby together with it's parents ! Many babies are born in Mexico and survive, so why not this particular baby born in the US. Just send them all back when they're 1 year old. the parents were here illegal and NOT allowed to return to the US. But the baby will be able to apply for US citizenship at the age of 21 as he was born on our soil. do you have any better options then ?

The ONLY VIABLE OPTION is to change the anchor baby rule. We need a CLEAR INTERPRETATION NOW.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

No we can't take the baby away from the mother and return it later. That's not what i meant. What I meant is that we take care for the baby the first year and then deport the baby together with it's parents ! Many babies are born in Mexico and survive, so why not this particular baby born in the US. Just send them all back when they're 1 year old. the parents were here illegal and NOT allowed to return to the US. But the baby will be able to apply for US citizenship at the age of 21 as he was born on our soil. do you have any better options then ?
    Take care of the family for 1 year? Where's the money to come from to take care of each illegal family for 1 year? Any idea?

It comes from the taxpayers. You know, people who are actually out working to support their own families-paying rent, buying groceries, paying medical soaring medical costs, paying electric bills, buying clothing, paying dentists, buying school supplies and all the other incidentials citizen parents must provide for their children.

Your theory would be rewarding the lawbreakers. The fact that a child was born on US soil should not matter. The citizen child should be with his/her mother. EVERYONE caught illegally in the US should be deported. If citizen children are still considered US citizens when they become of legal age, they can then come back to the US.

Of course, being US citizens, they will be able to bring parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunts, second cousins 3x removed and so on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    The ONLY VIABLE OPTION is to change the anchor baby rule. We need a CLEAR INTERPRETATION NOW.
    Yes, bootsie. You're right and I said that before. But that's not going to happen. We will not change the constitution. so it's better to let your option go and try to find something that might work as I don't see our politicians change the 14th amendment of our constitution. It's just plain reality.

Take care of the family for 1 year? Where's the money to come from to take care of each illegal family for 1 year? Any idea?
    do you have any better option ???? the situation is now that the baby can stay in the US 4-ever. So is it not better to deport it after a year ? Taking care for the baby 4 - ever will be much more expensive then taking care of it for just 1 year. I know you probably want it to be deported right away along with the parents. I prefer that too, but the law is not oging to change.

Your theory would be rewarding the lawbreakers. The fact that a child was born on US soil should not matter. The citizen child should be with his/her mother. EVERYONE caught illegally in the US should be deported. If citizen children are still considered US citizens when they become of legal age, they can then come back to the US.
    I AGREE with you that it shouldn't matter that the baby was born on US soil, but the reality is that it can stay as a citizen. That's how the situation is nowadays. It's also not likely that the law will change and that anchor babies will become US citizens. We can't change the constitution. I've given up hope for that, so that's why I came with a 1 - year solution.

Of course, being US citizens, they will be able to bring parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, grandparents, uncles, aunts, second cousins 3x removed and so on.
    well, that's new to me. I thought it could onlt be close relatives.

Yes. My solution is out outlaw birthright citizenship entirely and permanently. What in the world would happen if you had ten million people applying for US citizenship 21 years from now and nothing to deny them the right?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes. My solution is out outlaw birthright citizenship entirely and permanently.
    I agree, but that´s not going to happen.
    The situation on this will not change.
    Nobody will change that law and outlaw birthright citizenship.
    maybe Tancredo wants that, but I´m afraid he´s alone on this so he´s a person screaming in the desert and nobody will hear him

I still contend that you would NOT HAVE TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION--just CLARIFY it. IT'S a SIMPLE CONCEPT. IF the person is here ILLEGALLY, then, technically, they are NOT HERE. They are SUPPOSED to be in MEXICO or WHEREVER so you just clarify the 14th amendment and interpret it to mean that any baby born here of a LEGAL IMMIGRANT is an automatic US Citizen. I agree with you, r_r, that changing the Constitution is just probably not going to happen but my FIRM BELIEF is that the Supreme Court just needs to CLARIFY that amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    I still contend that you would NOT HAVE TO AMEND THE CONSTITUTION--just CLARIFY it. IT'S a SIMPLE CONCEPT. IF the person is here ILLEGALLY, then, technically, they are NOT HERE. They are SUPPOSED to be in MEXICO or WHEREVER so you just clarify the 14th amendment and interpret it to mean that any baby born here of a LEGAL IMMIGRANT is an automatic US Citizen. I agree with you, r_r, that changing the Constitution is just probably not going to happen but my FIRM BELIEF is that the Supreme Court just needs to CLARIFY that amendment.
    Well, this sounds achievable to me ! But how can we make the Supreme Court to do that ? To clarify the 14th amendment ? But lobby groups for Hispanics will try to prevent that, but we still must go on and make the Supreme Court to clarify it.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast