Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW: Yeah, that's a fair observation.

I haven't used his photo in a few days and probably let him 'retire' - thanks for the reminder too...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi nntrixie,
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Boy, I am lost here.

I thought H1B workers were temporary workers - I didn't know it was quasi-citizenship. I also didn't know they were allowed to bring their families, close and extended.

We need to rethink this situation, big time.
    It's been well documented that the H-1B visa is a NON-immigrant visa, not established as a "path" to green card or to citizenship at all.

It's a 6 year job-destruction visa extendable to 7. There have been some (on their website) who have bragged about getting it extended to 8 years and beyond.

USAA's January '03 firing of 200 programmers was televised (after it happened). Over 200 programmers, many over 40, were fired at once and replaced with 200 H-1Bs from India. The US programmers had to train them, then were fired. The USAA CIO argued on television that the H-1Bs brought skills that don't exist in the US (never mind the US employees had to teach the H-1Bs how to perform those "non-existant" skills).

That's a very small example of

Americans train their H-1B replacements, then get fired.
    H-1Bs have priority of hire over US citizens, as we saw in the Utube video posted not so long ago.

Other examples included mass firings in the thousands where the replacement workers consist of both H-1Bs (from India), and Tata workers domociled in places like Bangalore.

The only acceptable fix is to abolish the H-1B visa program entirely, and repatriate these NON-immigrant H-1Bs back to Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Dehli, Mumbai (Bombay), and Pune.

H-1Bs themselves argue that they are protecting our jobs from offshoring to India. On the contrary, their visas are still sending Americans technical workers to the unemployment lines, and destroying our chances for future careers.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

MW
    PhredE wrote:

MW: Yeah, that's a fair observation.

I haven't used his photo in a few days and probably let him 'retire' - thanks for the reminder too...
    You're welcome.

Hey, I like the Dorgan avatar. I'm a die in the wool conservative, however, I'd cross party lines to support Sen. Dorgan in a minute. To bad he's not running against all those lame Democrat presidential candidates! Actually, he's the only Democrat I'd vote for.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    To our H1B guests - a couple things-

Why do many of you immediately equate the concern of Americans for our fellow citizens and their ability to be employed in their chosen field IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY with "hatred" toward foreigners? This is pure crap and it just isn't going to fly. No one here hates those who seek to come to this country. You are taking a policy position on immigration personally.

What many of us find appalling though is the sense of entitlement you so clearly display, and the idea that it's perfectly fine for you to displace American workers because, hey, that's just global economics.

I think I speak for us here by saying that we don't agree. It's not right. It's not okay for our corrupt elected leaders (like Hillary Clinton) to sell out Americans to corporate special interests. And, it's not okay for foreigners to lobby OUR elected leaders who represent us, not you. (yes, I know that Immigration Voice has several paid lobbyists) Perhaps this is why you are not receiving the attention you feel you deserve.

Coto is right. Lou Dobbs is right. What they have stated has been amply supported by studies from UC, Duke and elsewhere that have shown that there is not a shortage of high-tech American workers, and that H1B labor takes jobs from Americans and is being used to drive down wages. I know you'd like to conveniently ignore such evidence, but all of the anecdotal evidence backs up the published studies, and simply cannot be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate

I think I speak for us here by saying that we don't agree.
    You certainly are speaking for me, and doing a darn fine job of it too!

Thank you, Kate!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well said Kate !!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Thanks guys.

Whenever I see comments on any legal immigration article on the sites like NY times or washington post most of the americans cannot distinguish between legal and illegals.
    I totally disagree with this statement. It's not that we CANNOT DISTINGUISH THE DIFFERENCE its the ILLEGAL ALIEN SUPPORTERS who refuse to acknowledge that THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, thus they deliberately misappropriate the term IMMIGRANT to encompass all of you in their sad attempt to distort the truth about Americans who are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Banned
    Quote:
    Whenever I see comments on any legal immigration article on the sites like NY times or washington post most of the americans cannot distinguish between legal and illegals.

I totally disagree with this statement. It's not that we CANNOT DISTINGUISH THE DIFFERENCE its the ILLEGAL ALIEN SUPPORTERS who refuse to acknowledge that THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, thus they deliberately misappropriate the term IMMIGRANT to encompass all of you in their sad attempt to distort the truth about Americans who are against ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.
    I agree with you WhatMattersMost. The illegal supporters and open borders advocates deliberately blur the line between the two. That said, there are legitimate concerns about the level of LEGAL immigration, as well as the way in which politicians are attempting to turn 'temporary' guest worker visas into a path to permanent status and citizenship, for example with the H2A visas.

The failed Senate bill would have INCREASED legal immigration by 2-3 times over what it is now, and we are already at an all-time high, allowing nearly 2 million people to come here legally each year. We have the most generous immigration policy in the world, and it's hurting citizens and our environment. It's unsustainable and needs to revert back to traditional levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate

Why do many of you immediately equate the concern of Americans for our fellow citizens and their ability to be employed in their chosen field IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY with "hatred" toward foreigners? This is pure crap and it just isn't going to fly. No one here hates those who seek to come to this country. You are taking a policy position on immigration personally.

What many of us find appalling though is the sense of entitlement you so clearly display, and the idea that it's perfectly fine for you to displace American workers because, hey, that's just global economics.

I think I speak for us here by saying that we don't agree. It's not right. It's not okay for our corrupt elected leaders (like Hillary Clinton) to sell out Americans to corporate special interests. And, it's not okay for foreigners to lobby OUR elected leaders who represent us, not you. (yes, I know that Immigration Voice has several paid lobbyists) Perhaps this is why you are not receiving the attention you feel you deserve.

Coto is right. Lou Dobbs is right. What they have stated has been amply supported by studies from UC, Duke and elsewhere that have shown that there is not a shortage of high-tech American workers, and that H1B labor takes jobs from Americans and is being used to drive down wages. I know you'd like to conveniently ignore such evidence, but all of the anecdotal evidence backs up the published studies, and simply cannot be ignored.
    AMEN!! Let's even the playing field, they won't think it's so keen then would they? Pay our taxes, live with our cost of living, cover the burden of illegals, oh yeah and perform at our standards, cause let's face it you don't.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast