Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    LegalSkilled, you are most welcome to come back and debate any time.

I'd like to comment on what you said about your American friends having different views than those of us here. One reason may be that we who post here have been carefully following most aspects of legal and illegal immigration. I have found that once Americans become aware and educated about immigration, they become increasingly concerned. I believe this is why the Senate immigration bill was defeated - because more and more Americans are waking up to reality. In fact, there are many Americans who have become engaged in the political process now who had never previously contacted their elected representative.

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    And, if LegalSkilled doesn't think our views are mainstream, who does he think jammed the Senate phone lines when CIR was still alive?
    Oh, I think he knows. What may be puzzling him and others is -

Why in a country that is supposed to be government, of, for and by the people, this situation is being dictated by big business and foreigners?

I do agree that probably his idea of the 'American Dream' and an American's idea are probably two very different things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Thanks to Kate and Betsy above.
    Didn't mean to leave out Kate! I missed her post as I was looking at legalSkilled's last one! You guys all rock! You put so articulately what I'd like to say!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    And, if LegalSkilled doesn't think our views are mainstream, who does he think jammed the Senate phone lines when CIR was still alive?

Why in a country that is supposed to be government, of, for and by the people, this situation is being dictated by big business and foreigners?

I do agree that probably his idea of the 'American Dream' and an American's idea are probably two very different things.
    I think nntrixie hit the nail on the head. I'd like to know that answer for myself.

because more and more Americans are waking up to reality. In fact, there are many Americans who have become engaged in the political process now who had never previously contacted their elected representative.
    Yes, yes, yes - in fact, I personally have motivated a good number of family and friends to call and email their senators/representatives to get involved! ..And they have followed through on their own initiative.

Americans are fairly detached and laid-back (too busy...?) by nature I believe. Contrary to the contention by the detractors, I believe most Americans are tolerant by nature and that this also has exacerbated the problem (are not quick generally to insist upon enforcement by nature). Now, however, things really are changing.

People that barely knew who their elected Federal reps are, now have their phone numbers and email addresses already written down in the phone list handy for a quick call at a moment's notice.

Ok, there seems to be a mis conception. We did the same thing for CIR. Mainstream does oppose illegal but does not oppose us, legal, but you people say you don't want both, isn't that right ???

About my definition of an American dream - I never really had a dream. We work hard and live to our fullest wherever we are. We have made excellent friends here and always try to understand others and maintain a positive attitude. We never never hated anyone who told us we do not have rights or were against us for no fault of ours or because they hate to see our presence here. We have made friends and built relationships out of compassion and never burnt bridges from our side.

So be it American, or Indian or Japanese, we are all human. No one is superior to another. America is a melting pot with various cultures melting to the society, we have Indian Americans as space scientists.

Once again, I am not against any of your opinions. But I
    If we are asked to go, I won't regret. But if we are hated for what we are or for where we come from, it is something that would hurt us. But we will have the positive attitude and do what we can to help bridge the gaps.

Once again, I thank you all for having an excellent civil discussion with me. I am happy that you are all sharing your views with me.

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    because more and more Americans are waking up to reality. In fact, there are many Americans who have become engaged in the political process now who had never previously contacted their elected representative.
    Yes, yes, yes - in fact, I personally have motivated a good number of family and friends to call and email their senators/representatives to get involved! ..And they have followed through on their own initiative.

Americans are fairly detached and laid-back (too busy...?) by nature I believe. Contrary to the contention by the detractors, I believe most Americans are tolerant by nature and that this also has exacerbated the problem (are not quick generally to insist upon enforcement by nature). Now, however, things really are changing.

People that barely knew who their elected Federal reps are, now have their phone numbers and email addresses already written down in the phone list handy for a quick call at a moment's notice.
    I am happy for the kind of awareness that has been created among the public. As long as people vote for a good cause, for a cause that helps and does not hurt, then it is definitely good.

it is just not Americans that never participated in advocacy, such a thing is common everywhere, people never bother to let their politicians know what is happening. It is good that people are now understanding the importance of participation.

At the same time, if anti immigrant influence their politicians to spread the hatred and hard working legal skilled immigrants and misuse their power, immigrants would no longer want to come to America.

It isn't hatred to oppose your side of the argument. It is not a misuse of our power to express our views to our elected representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

I think nntrixie hit the nail on the head. I'd like to know that answer for myself.
    Yes, perspectives change. Everyone have their own perception. My wife has never got into this, discussion groups and lobbying and has no clue if there are people in America that hate her for what she is or just because she is here. She got the best resident award in her first year residency and her perception is that, it is her hard work and dedication and her excellent credentials that got her through the stringent residency process and she has no clue there are people who hate her for what she is.

My perspective - I am surprised. Why hate us for what we are? We are hard working peace loving people. I do understand that the hatred and anger is actually not against us but against your government and corporates, but you show it on us just because we are on work visas, have no voice and anything can be done to us.

If you can help us you can, if you dont want us tell your govt, but why show it on us.

It isn't hatred to oppose your side of the argument. It is not a misuse of our power to express our views to our elected representatives.
    Thanks for clearing this mis coception.

I am happy, that your group does not hate us for what we are.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast