Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Beto--I am glad to hear that YOU respect our laws and are waiting for a LEGAL way to come to our country to work. If that is the case, YOU are the type of immigrant this country welcomes. Good luck on achieving your dream.

We really can't agree with your suggestions about the crocodiles or other inhumane ways of keeping illegal immigrants out because THAT would NOT be the American way. You wouldn't feel the same about America if you knew we would stoop that low, would you? There are many ways to enforce our laws that don't include violence.

I'm glad you have been so successful but I just don't understand, based on what you have said about the money people are able to earn in Mexico, how you have been able to work in Mexico and make enough money to support all of your "wants". I guess living with your family does help give you more expendable income but I just got the impression that you were working in the US six months out of the year. Sorry I misunderstood.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Beto--I am glad to hear that YOU respect our laws and are waiting for a LEGAL way to come to our country to work. If that is the case, YOU are the type of immigrant this country welcomes. Good luck on achieving your dream.

We really can't agree with your suggestions about the crocodiles or other inhumane ways of keeping illegal immigrants out because THAT would NOT be the American way. You wouldn't feel the same about America if you knew we would stoop that low, would you? There are many ways to enforce our laws that don't include violence.

I'm glad you have been so successful but I just don't understand, based on what you have said about the money people are able to earn in Mexico, how you have been able to work in Mexico and make enough money to support all of your "wants". I guess living with your family does help give you more expendable income but I just got the impression that you were working in the US six months out of the year. Sorry I misunderstood.
    Well i don´t like phisic work just mind work.
    I never worked in the states ok.
    And hope the PM help ya.

Beto, your messages are interesting.

I live across the border from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico in El Paso. I have always wondered why so many come here to shop.

Yet many of the things in our country are made in Mexico and many other items are made in China. Why would those things be cheaper here than in Mexico? Do you know?

Thanks for sharing your views with us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yet many of the things in our country are made in Mexico and many other items are made in China. Why would those things be cheaper here than in Mexico? Do you know?
    I don't know the answer to this but it was similar when I lived in Korea. Anything electric was really expensive. Most other things were reasonable.

Oh, yes, Electronics in Saudi Arabia and Egypt are outrageous in price but the other things are dirt cheap. Food, clothing, household goods, etc.

I think the tarriffs have a great deal to do with the electronics prices, though. It is that other stuff that puzzles me.

Mexico makes cars that run on electricity. You see them here parked in parking lots frequently. I don't see any dealerships here with them yet some are supposedly Fords.

I am just curious if Beto knows why people would come here to buy a shirt made in China when they ought to be able to get one made in Mexico of similar quality for a tenth the price.

Also, the Men's Wearhouse. Most of their suits are made in Mexico yet Mexicans come here to buy them. Makes no sense to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Beto, your messages are interesting.

I live across the border from Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico in El Paso. I have always wondered why so many come here to shop.

Thanks for sharing your views with us.
    Ok the there is a simply reason everyone want to buy in LAREDO MCALLEN OR EL PASO malls.

For example the the electronics are very expensive here in mex like Playstation2 (still cost 300 bucks and in the states 150 bucks) everything in there cost the half price so for this reason we like to go to shop to those cities.
    Just the food is cheaper in here.

But Beto, what about clothing and household goods?

And do you know the name of those little cars I'm talking about? I see them frequently in El Paso parking lots. They always have Mexican license plates on them and I've never seen a dealership here selling them but they are some sort of vehicle that runs on electricity as well as gas. Hybrids, we call them in the states.

You might want to look outside the malls for Electronics in the US, Beto. Stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, are a lot less expensive.

That's very interesting, BETO, and I appreciate the PM. You are nice to offer explanations for us. It's hard for us to understand WHY you are having to pay SO MUCH more for things like electronics in Mexico than here. You are fortunate that you live close enough to come across to shop. Maybe you and JJ could work out a deal to meet at the border. She could bring you cheap electronics and you could bring her an ELECTRIC CAR!!!! EVEN EXCHANGE!!!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Gracias de BETO- por ensamblarnos y compartir sus opiniones. Yo personalmente est no enojada con los inmigrantes que cruzan nuestras fronteras. Estoy enojado con nuestro gobierno para no hacer cumplir la ley, el gobierno mexicano para animar a sus ciudadanos que rompan nuestros leyes y las corporaciones que pegaron su lengua abajo de nuestras gargantas diariamente. No hay nada mal con su cultura pero si deseara vivir en México yo se moverÃÂ*a allÃÂ*. Luchamos para ganar nuestra independencia y a este punto me siento que la sangre de mis antepasados se basa solamente sobre mis manos de los gobiernos. Porqué no el uso los Estados Unidos como modelo de un paÃÂ*s usted quisiera obtener en vez de dar para arriba y de venir al norte. Cambie está en sus manos. No el nuestros. Soy seguro que usted ha oÃÂ*do hablar del FTAA. Es una vergüenza que las élites en este paÃÂ*s no comprobaron con los ciudadanos ese pie la cuenta primero. Nunca he visto tanto la protesta y el malestar en mi paÃÂ*s. Sale de la pregunta, cuáles son yo que se va a mis niños solamente un lÃÂ*o grande.

Vmama
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast