Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BETO, do the people feel free to speak out against the government in Mexico or are they afraid to ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    BETO--you NEED to start watching more TV so you will be informed enough to CHANGE your country. Chavez has been in the news A LOT and he has been having a RUNNING BATTLE with your President. I'm surprised that's not common talk on the street because it's going on every day. I understand you're working hard but you are spending way too much time on those video games and way too LITTLE time trying to learn more about your country and what you can do to make it a better country. Didn't you say you were a LAWYER? That should give you a huge advantage over most to MAKE A DIFFERENCE for your country. Maybe one day, YOU could be President of Mexico. Most of our politicians are lawyers so you have already accomplished one goal in the process.

I know you said you didn't WORK in the US but did you go to SCHOOL in the US? I don't know that much about the education system in Mexico. Do you have 12 grades in High School for instance or does Mexico use a system that is used in Europe called "FORMS"?
    Ok let me think um
    1.-We have kindergarten school for little kids two 2 in here
    2.- We have then primary school 6 years
    2.- We have then secondary shcool 3 years
    3.- We have preparatory school 3 years or high school
    4.- The last one Career medicine 10 years, or lawyer 5 years psychology 4 years.
    5.- If you want to be better postgrade about 2 more years
    In total we have to study about 17 years of our life.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    BETO, do the people feel free to speak out against the government in Mexico or are they afraid to ?
    When reporter want to make a good notice about corrupt police they kill the reporter or just scare him with many methods. At least with the police cause with the goverment is different the news are free to say everything.

Why don't the people get mad about it and protest to make VF do something more effective to stop this ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for filling me in about schools there. It sounds very much like our system.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Why don't the people get mad about it and protest to make VF do something more effective to stop this ?
    They protest just in the big cities cause here there are a few to protest about something they don´t like it about.

Let me tell ya something weird about the mexican public hospitals, they make many mistakes in there, about 4 years ago a person had a problem with his left leg and the doctors said they need to cut it off, ok you are not going to believe me cause they cut the right one i mean the good one. For this reson i prefer to pay a private hospitals.

Believe me, BETO, that happens here too. In my own town, a urologist removed the wrong KIDNEY because the Operating Room technician had put the XRAY on the screen BACKWARDS. NOW, they make you MARK, with an indelible marker, where the surgery is supposed to be. They do this BEFORE THEY GIVE YOU ANY MEDICATION.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

tms

Beto,

What is the education like for a pharmacist? Is it similar to the US, pre-reqs then 4-5 years of graduate school (pharmacy school). Do the doctors or pharmacists need to take a test (boards), register and get licensed in Mexico like here in the US? What's the average wage for a pharmacist and medical doctor in Mexico?

Is it more expensive to see a doctor in Mexico than the US? In some of the border towns of the US, people cross the borders just to be seen in ER's, Hospitals. No one can refuse treatment to people if they can't pay. I highly doubt they pay the bill, the hospitals just "eat it."

What is the average cost for a doctor's visit, hospital stay and ER visit? Private and community....

My family was in visiting Mazatlan and he got injured boggie boarding. Anyways, he was taken to the hospital and the doctor wanted 1000-2000 US dollars for treatment or maybe more. After a big fight with the HMO we had they paid the rest of the bill. My dad went to the atm to get the money. Peso's are coins, so he didn't get those out of the machine. I can't remember if he got amercian dollars? I don't think Mexico has banknotes or do they?

So you have a N64, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Gamecube ect I don't see a PSP?
    I noticed you like video games, have you got the xbox 360 yet? Or are you waiting for the new PS2. How much would that cost in Mexico both the core and one with hard drive? How much do video games, computer games and other systems like Xbox cost in Mexico? I noticed you said PS2 costs 300 in mexico, so half in US.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

You are talking WAY ABOVE my head, tms, about those game boxes and x boxes and things!!! MY GRANDSON would get it though!!!!!

tms

Bootsie,

I have the inside scoop because my husband is a video game freak and works for a huge electronics retailer. I won't say who though. All he is talking about now is this XBOX 360, we have games but no system. I was also raised with no sisters just brothers. My daughter even likes to play some of the video games with Daddy. I know more about sports then video games

My husband isn't really into this illegal immigration problem like I am sometimes he talks about and sometimes he doesn't want to hear it. He doesn't understand why I visit this website almost daily.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast