Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Got it, JJ. I think his got posted before he saw yours. Like you, I have NEVER come back into the country without going through Customs and, of course, I ALWAYS hold my breath because I'm SURE I was over the limit! So far, I've never been CHECKED. BUT, on my first trip to Europe, I made the mistake of SHIPPING stuff back and, based on the fact that a bunch would arrive on a particular day, I ended up having to pay a TON in duties! Now, I just take an extra piece of luggage to drag back my purchases!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    I understand about the shopping.

But don't people who shop in the US have to go through customs like people from the US who go to Mexico to shop have to go through Customs to get back into the US?

See, people who travel overseas or to Mexico or Canada from the US have to pass through Customs to come back into this country. Sometimes we have to pay tax on the goods we bring back into our country. That was what I meant.
    I don´t pay taxes cause i open my stuff before leave the satates, so when i cross the border it seems i had a used play station or whatever i had on my own possesion.

In the other hand if i don´t unpacked my electronics and i get red light i has to stop and then pay as new cause it is unpacking.
    this is how i crossed the border without paying mexican taxes.......

An a photo taken by me may help with my idea
    The americans can pass 300 bucks in stuff, and mexicans 50 bucks (wha a joke) when i traveled last december i spended about 1 grand and 700 bucks in audio for my car, but i installed there so i did not pay tax cause i was using my car audio and for this reson i did not pay tax.
    And they can not demostrate it was new in this moment

See in the photo what they have to do when they get red light....

Mexicans an americans have two opotions 1= declare or 2= not declare
    1.- in the first one you declare how much do you posses and then they apply 17% percent of the stuff´s valor first the converter the bucks into mexicans and the they multiply for .17 %

Example playstation2 cost 150 bucks*11.60 (dollar exchange) =1.740 pesos *.17=2.035 pesos in dollars you have to pay like 20 dollars just in tax.
    If you compare in here the diference it is about 120 bucks cause here the PS2 cost 270 =3.132 pesos. with tax included
    The difference is about 120 bucks, amazing even if you paid 17 % of tax we can buy more cheaper in the bordr than in the mexicans shops.

Got it!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Beto, would it be better for your country if you did pay the taxes ? Does everyone do that ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Beto, would it be better for your country if you did pay the taxes ? Does everyone do that ?
    I never got red light thanks god, so i never paid tax when i traveled by car.

And I just paid tax one time, about 50 dollars cause i had to travel via BUS but if I go in car I can pass more things without paying tax.

For example in here many persons prefer to travel by bus and all the travelers cooperate with 100 bucks and they can pass many things doing that.

I paid about 500 bucks last year to use my car and in the 2006 other 500 bucks just for still having new car.
    How much do you paid in the states for buying a new car in a year?

I understand that you know how to get around it pretty well.

But my question is would it be better for Mexico if people followed the law and paid the taxes ?

Would it help your country, or would Vicente's wife just take the money and buy more shoes with it ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I understand that you know how to get around it pretty well.
    R= Ok got it.

But my question is would it be better for Mexico if people followed the law and paid the taxes ?
    R=Yes but remember many persons don´t get well paid so for this reason many evade the taxes even me in a good form cause i know how to do that.
    How do you expect a person that get paid 70 dollars per week to do do all this: maintain his family, buy a new car paying almost 3.5 to 9% of the the total car price just in tax for a year, education is expensive in here, my career cost now for 5 years almost 25 grand, imagine if you have 3 children. So for this reason there are many americans cars in here cause they don´t pay taxes to the goverment or they pay a little about 100 bucks a year.

Would it help your country, or would Vicente's wife just take the money and buy more shoes with it ?
    R=Yes it would, but the salaries here are really bad. Just the buisness mans and the rich people can do that.
    By the way i am middle class ass and near to the poor if i spend my money in some bad taxes.

In the US you pay sales tax on a car one time and the rate depends on what state you are in. Then if you move to another state, you have to pay it all over again to register a car in that state. Some states charge 5%, some 7%, and so on. Texas charges 8.25%.

Each year, we pay for a registration no matter what state you live in. It depends on what kind of a car you have and how old it is what the registration costs each year. I have never paid more than $75 for a registration for a vehicle but it is usually closer to $50. Each state has different rates for that, too.

So tell us Beto, what do MEXICANS need to do to help the country ? Get Vicente out? Will the next guy be better ?

Please tell us every little detail. Help us to understand so we can put the right pressures on Jorge, excuse me, I guess I should say George, so I don't confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    In the US you pay sales tax on a car one time and the rate depends on what state you are in. Then if you move to another state, you have to pay it all over again to register a car in that state. Some states charge 5%, some 7%, and so on. Texas charges 8.25%.

Each year, we pay for a registration no matter what state you live in. It depends on what kind of a car you have and how old it is what the registration costs each year. I have never paid more than $75 for a registration for a vehicle but it is usually closer to $50. Each state has different rates for that, too.
    O my god it is more cheaper than here cause i paid for my jetta 2005 in a year 500 bucks that´s a lot of money, many rich people here when they buy cadilacs and hummers they don´t pay the plates and the federal taxes too cause imagine.
    This hummer owner paid by HUMMER 6 grand as tax each year, almost another car.
    I add a camera to my car to take a lot of pictures like a poilce in the sates, i had many crazy ideas.

Another has a Lamborgini and he don´t paid taxes too. Cause you know lambo almost cost 300.000 dollars imagine if you paid tax.
    If you dont believe me see this photo.
    Even more when people knew this lambo owner had much money some crimals kidnaped his father and he had to pay for his fahter rescue. He sell tv and electronics stuff and some wood tables etc. Imagine if i buy to him then i am making this guy more richer than anybody in here. For this reson i would prefer to spend my bucks in the states.
    That is what i call RECICLE TAX THEORY.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast