Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Forgive my observation (and certainly you will take issue with it because our races differ) but I'd much prefer you recognize the considerable emphasis you place on your black culture and see it for what it is. While you are most welcome to pride yourself in your ethnic heritage (as is any Americans right), once you identify yourself exclusively with it you set yourself apart from those around you. Identifying yourself herein as African American (with or without the hyphen) and then in the same breathe proclaiming to be 100% American seems to me to be a bit convoluted. I am American....not Anglo Saxon Protestant Scotch Irish American, although I am proud of my heritage. I live in America, not Little Scotland, Little Ireland, or Chinatown, or Mexifornia. Let's not pick one another apart here and hyphenate our heritage. Let's join together as one America, oust the invaders, and instead of propogating the future from the mistakes of the past, begin anew in unison and in hope.

What I'm trying to say so desperately is that we are not enemies, nor are we elevated one above the other by race, gender, or education. Equal rights is a concept I embrace and espouse, but you can't point out your differences (eloquently or not) and expect the focus to be on your similarities. Colorblindness is the center of a world I long for, and it is one that will be achieved only after all peoples stop demanding it and simply let it be...

Finally a voice of reason! Remember boys and girls, diversity shares the same root as divide. A house divided can not stand. We are a melting pot. The true American culture comes from combination of people from all parts of the world. They have assimilated and shared parts of their home country. And these various traditions have been woven into the fabric that has become our American traditions. Let’s not fight amongst ourselves here. Remember, the things we have in common; culture, borders and language. I for one am here to fight to keep all three. LEGAL immigrants are a blessing to our society, but those who have no respect for our laws, language or culture, need to be sent back. To succeed we will need to stay united in purpose and not allow ourselves to be divided by arguing over ethnic or racial superiority.

Now that I have that off my chest, It is time for sleep.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chosen,

Good advice and sincerely offered! I hope it will be received in the same spirit....I know I plan to bold, color, or enlarge text much less often. It never really occurred to me how innocent habits could be so maipulative in the digital world.

Thanks!

Sweet dreams Cayla and welcome to ALIPAC!

Some very good points here.

We all have our own private or family cultures, but as a nation we must band together to make it work.

Let's just come together - one of the best weapons of this government has been to create divisions among us. If we want to be free and respect the rule of law, and each other, we have a commonality that will win for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know I for one can say that this illegal invasion can destroy a family. Being the victim of a crime commited by an illegal, I know first hand the pain, suffering and loss one can feel. Is anyone understanding the word ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the real issue at hand. Until you have lost as my family and myself has, you would never understand. Joshua would have been starting kindergarten Monday. Instead, I get to sit through a trial and pray justice is done. Im sure somewhere in anywhere USA, an anchor baby gets to his or her first day of school. Joshua and my brother Ronnie sit on my kitchen shelf.
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    Forgive my observation (and certainly you will take issue with it because our races differ) but I'd much prefer you recognize the considerable emphasis you place on your black culture and see it for what it is. While you are most welcome to pride yourself in your ethnic heritage (as is any Americans right), once you identify yourself exclusively with it you set yourself apart from those around you. Identifying yourself herein as African American (with or without the hyphen) and then in the same breathe proclaiming to be 100% American seems to me to be a bit convoluted. I am American....not Anglo Saxon Protestant Scotch Irish American, although I am proud of my heritage. I live in America, not Little Scotland, Little Ireland, or Chinatown, or Mexifornia. Let's not pick one another apart here and hyphenate our heritage. Let's join together as one America, oust the invaders, and instead of propogating the future from the mistakes of the past, begin anew in unison and in hope.

What I'm trying to say so desperately is that we are not enemies, nor are we elevated one above the other by race, gender, or education. Equal rights is a concept I embrace and espouse, but you can't point out your differences (eloquently or not) and expect the focus to be on your similarities. Colorblindness is the center of a world I long for, and it is one that will be achieved only after all peoples stop demanding it and simply let it be...

Finally a voice of reason! Remember boys and girls, diversity shares the same root as divide. A house divided can not stand. We are a melting pot. The true American culture comes from combination of people from all parts of the world. They have assimilated and shared parts of their home country. And these various traditions have been woven into the fabric that has become our American traditions. Let’s not fight amongst ourselves here. Remember, the things we have in common; culture, borders and language. I for one am here to fight to keep all three. LEGAL immigrants are a blessing to our society, but those who have no respect for our laws, language or culture, need to be sent back. To succeed we will need to stay united in purpose and not allow ourselves to be divided by arguing over ethnic or racial superiority.

Now that I have that off my chest, It is time for sleep.
    Both posts are well said...thank you!
    I don't say I am a Swedish American. I am an American. The citizens who love this country and want to make it and leave it a better place than they found it are great Americans.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by bren223
    I know I for one can say that this illegal invasion can destroy a family. Being the victim of a crime commited by an illegal, I know first hand the pain, suffering and loss one can feel. Is anyone understanding the word ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the real issue at hand. Until you have lost as my family and myself has, you would never understand. Joshua would have been starting kindergarten Monday. Instead, I get to sit through a trial and pray justice is done. Im sure somewhere in anywhere USA, an anchor baby gets to his or her first day of school. Joshua and my brother Ronnie sit on my kitchen shelf.

Every American is a victim of illegal immigration. We all pay the price. I have directly been a victim and if any members of my family is victimized or friends, it affects me. Some lose a family member, some economically and we are all victims.

Anchor babies are the first in line at head start or kindergarten. My friends grandson had to wait a year because the class was too full.
    A fiend was passed over for a job because she could not speak Spanish.
    My daughter who works with the disables, had to hire a Spanish speaking assistance to service Spanish speaking and English speaking clients. and the list goes on and on. That is just some of the ways illegal immigration affect all Americans.

TheFomorian,
    It looks like you've gotten yourself into a good old fashioned gang tackle. They are hitting you high and low.
    First the heavy handed European culture warrior steps up to the plate, no doubt with pursed lips, typing away thinking to themselves, "I'll show this uppity boy a thing or two!" Obviously that fell flat and they sent in the soft spoken "voice of reason" with flowery undertones of morality and visions of kumbaya. But when the fat lady has sung, both approaches were constructed to get you to stand there with your proud self and form your ungrateful black lips to sing the praises, and only the praises, of European culture. Doing otherwise is encouraging division.

And then there's the tricky interpretation of assimilation. As long as you observe your freedom within the boundaries of law, that is assimilation. By letting them tell you that the phrase African American is wrong is a bit arrogant, don't you think? Notice the other "voices" cueing in as if they have been practicing this? Notice how they talk about you or indirectly about the subject but never counter directly. That should tell you two things: They are trying to galvanize their view and that they seek that particular control over you (African Americans).

Think about it! Americans (I presume), are telling another American that his definition of being an American is wrong or insufficient. They don't get to make the rules on that! Hispanics have been saying a long time that our side isn't all that it's cracked up to be and I think they are right. If you were truly accepted into the American family,as you are a real American, then why is your culture such a big deal? Because if they get you on this, then there is nothing left but to bow your knee to European culture. It's all about control and domination. I say continue to reject European culture, you'll be much happier!

PS I liked that channel, I'm going to write it to see if I can get it in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    Just look at what he posted (dyehard39) by paying only attention to the words in bold. This is very much a move on dot org style tactic (tho' I am not making this association here directly). By bolding the keywords this lumps them together so that they can be associatted using the term target tool.

Check this article:
    http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/10- ... ould-know/

I read it and I disagree.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5533 ... ed1zy0.png

All of my post have had BOLDNESS. It is just plain old years of habit.

Like I said before, if the members want me to stop, I will. I do not think that anyone who read my post, only pay attention to the bold words. I will not comment any futher on the issue. Illegal immigration is to important to get bogged in spelling, etc. What do you call it?

There I go again.
    dyehard - "Ignore all irrelevant behavior" and this "behavior" is most certainly irrelevant!!

You have the right to write/type any way you want.

Nimrod, you have no idea what color my skin is or what my ethnic heritage is.
    I refuse to let you or anyone else on this site try to turn this into an ethnic or racial war. I am an AMERICAN. Either you have bought into the entire diversity BS, or you are an illegal trying to divide and conquer the Americans who are demanding our laws be enforced. This is not about race or ethnicity!!!! This is about respect for US laws and wanting the criminals who blatantly ignore these laws to suffer the consequences. Nothing more, nothing less. Let's keep to topic and not turn this into something that it never should become.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast