Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Here's what gets me about the Palin daughter story. The MSM is having a field day with this story and every couple of minutes, you hear it again. Where were they when the little 10-year old girl from Idaho was forced to have a child because she was raped by an illegal alien? Not a peep came out of the liberal masses about that. And do you hear them picking up on the Biden story on his comments about Israel getting used to Iran having nukes? Nope. And you won't, either, because it's not in their best interest to bash the Obama/Biden ticket because they're all liberals and they want their candidate to win. Not hard to tell who's running this election.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

zeezil
    Carter and Slick Willie were far too busy appeasing terrorists and chasing skirts to have any accomplishments.
    Things Carter has that you don't, and won't have:

Carter:
    Carter made government efficient by merging about 300 state agencies into 30 agencies. Bush made 30 agencies into 300!

He introduced for the appointment of judges and state government officials appointments to be based on merit, rather than political influence. I won't go into how Bush does it...

His federal budget deficit was 66 billion dollars. Bush's is 4 trillion and he statred with Clintons surplus!

Carter promoted a foreign policy that put human rights at the front. Bush deals with nations that have Human Rights Abuses. Need I list them.

He also prohibited Americans from participating in the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. Bush WENT to the 2008 Olympics in Communist China.

In the days before President Ronald Reagan took office, Algerian diplomat Abdulkarim Ghuraib opened negotiations between the U.S. and Iran. This resulted in the "Algiers Accords" one day before the end of the Carter's Presidency on January 19, 1981, which entailed Iran's commitment to free the hostages immediately. The release of the hostages was negotiated and secured under the Carter administration, the hostages were released on January 20, 1981, moments after Reagan was sworn in as President. Reagan took credit???

Carter’s presidency has received mixed assessments from scholars and historians. In historical rankings of U.S. presidents, the Carter presidency has ranged from #19 to #34. That leaves last place for your hero... Bush!
    Although Carter's presidency was viewed by some as a failure when he left office in 1981, his extensive peacekeeping and humanitarian efforts since that time have led him to be widely hailed as one of the most successful ex-presidents in U.S. history.
    Oh and so is CLINTON! Too bad you don't look into these things. . . .

Hummm. He recieved the Nobel Peace Prize. I think Gore did too??? LOL
    Your boy is a WAR CRIMINAL!

Carter wrote 21 books. Bush doesn't even read!

US Navy named a vessel after him.

He started Habitat for Humanity Int'l, and builds houses for the poor.

Carter received are the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1999.
    He also recieved:
    Freedom of the City of Newcastle upon Tyne, England, 1977
    Silver Buffalo Award, Boy Scouts of America, 1978
    Gold medal, International Institute for Human Rights, 1979
    International Mediation medal, American Arbitration Association, 1979
    Martin Luther King, Jr., Nonviolent Peace Prize, 1979
    International Human Rights Award, Synagogue Council of America, 1979
    Conservationist of the Year Award, 1979
    Harry S. Truman Public Service Award, 1981
    Ansel Adams Conservation Award, Wilderness Society, 1982
    Human Rights Award, International League of Human Rights, 1983
    World Methodist Peace Award, 1985
    Albert Schweitzer Prize for Humanitarianism, 1987
    Edwin C. Whitehead Award, National Center for Health Education, 1989
    Jefferson Award, American Institute of Public Service, 1990
    Liberty Medal, National Constitution Center, 1990
    Spirit of America Award, National Council for the Social Studies, 1990
    Physicians for Social Responsibility Award, 1991
    Aristotle Prize, Alexander S. Onassis Foundation, 1991
    W. Averell Harriman Democracy Award, National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, 1992
    Spark M. Matsunaga Medal of Peace, US Institute of Peace, 1993
    Humanitarian Award, CARE International, 1993
    Conservationist of the Year Medal, National Wildlife Federation, 1993
    Rotary Award for World Understanding, 1994
    J. William Fulbright Prize for International Understanding, 1994
    National Civil Rights Museum Freedom Award, 1994
    UNESCO Félix Houphouët-Boigny Peace Prize, 1994
    Great Cross of the Order of Vasco Nunéz de Balboa, Panama, 1995
    Bishop John T. Walker Distinguished Humanitarian Award, Africare, 1996
    Humanitarian of the Year, GQ Awards, 1996
    Kiwanis International Humanitarian Award, 1996
    Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, 1997
    Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Awards for Humanitarian Contributions to the Health of Humankind, National Foundation for Infectious Diseases, 1997
    United Nations Human Rights Award, 1998
    The Hoover Medal, 1998
    The Delta Prize for Global Understanding, University of Georgia, 1999
    International Child Survival Award, UNICEF Atlanta, 1999
    William Penn Mott, Jr., Park Leadership Award, National Parks Conservation Association, 2000
    Zayed International Prize for the Environment, 2001
    Jonathan M. Daniels Humanitarian Award, VMI, 2001
    Herbert Hoover Humanitarian Award, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, 2001
    Christopher Award, 2002
    Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, 2007
    Berkeley Medal, University of California campus, May 2, 2007

Willie: This below is enough!

Clinton's job approval rating ranged from 36% in mid-1993 to 64% in late-1993 and early-1994.[84] In his second term, his rating was consistently ranged from the high-50s to the high-60s.[85] After his impeachment proceedings in 1998 and 1999, Clinton's rating reached its highest point at 73% approval.[86] He finished with an approval rating of 68%, which was higher than that of any other departing president since polling began more than seventy years earlier.

What else 'ya got???
    So I see have nothing to say?

I gave enough, I'm NOT a historian.

I'm done, I think I made my point... well, obviously not to you but I have an idea you'd never admit it anyway.

Must be harder and harder for you to admire Bush and his "accomplishes."
    My condolences to you. Better luck next time Weezil
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I'm sorry but the problems facing our country today can't all be blamed on one person.
    Why not? The guy that ordered all those Jews killed got all the credit!
    Bush had to many crooks right under him, he lost control about 3 1/2 years ago.
    I know Bush is a "touchy" subject, but when some person keeps challenging me, I'm up to it with stats and not just empty words. Someone needs to do research before they post.

He set the record for the most executions by any
    governor in American history.

I like it! I do believe you failed to mention that he reduced serious crimes in the state with his get tough policies too.
    I also use to like it, but after I did a paper on the Death Penalty in college, I could see that white men and the rich people hardly ever get executed. An expensive lawyer can get anyone off. This changed my mind temporarily. It has to be an even playing field.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Has anyone else besides WorriedAmerican
    and P-diddy drunk the Obama Kool-Aid?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I'm sorry but the problems facing our country today can't all be blamed on one person.
    I know Bush is a "touchy" subject, but when some person keeps challenging me, I'm up to it with stats and not just empty words. Someone needs to do research before they post.

[quote:w93lws3t]He set the record for the most executions by any

I like it! I do believe you failed to mention that he reduced serious crimes in the state with his get tough policies too.
    I also use to like it, but after I did a paper on the Death Penalty in college, I could see that white men and the rich people hardly ever get executed. An expensive lawyer can get anyone off. This changed my mind temporarily. It has to be an even playing field.[/quote:w93lws3t]

Perhaps "white men" and "rich people" commit less crime that warrants the death penality. Our prisons are full of gang bangers who have been convicted of cold blooded murders, and yet are not given the death penality (many of them not white or rich). Why were they spared? Did they all have access to 'expensive' legal counsel?

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno

[quote:3l4xwnc7]He set the record for the most executions by any

I also use to like it, but after I did a paper on the Death Penalty in college, I could see that white men and the rich people hardly ever get executed. An expensive lawyer can get anyone off. This changed my mind temporarily. It has to be an even playing field.
    Perhaps "white men" and "rich people" commit less crime that warrants the death penality. Our prisons are full of gang bangers who have been convicted of cold blooded murders, and yet are not given the death penality (many of them not white or rich). Why were they spared? Did they all have access to 'expensive' legal counsel?[/quote:3l4xwnc7]

In my observations it usually IS whites that are getting executed. Whites seem to be the ones who commit the most heinous crimes--usually serial killers, etc...(Gacy, Bundy, and the other white dude who liked to eat people whose name escapes me now) . I'd say blacks were next for executions after the whites. The last serial killer I remember was back in the 80's who was hispanic was Richard Ramirez. I'm sure there have been many others since then, but these men stick out most in my mind.

This is only my personal observation and I have no proof or stats to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

[quote:1z6ijnkh]He set the record for the most executions by any

Perhaps "white men" and "rich people" commit less crime that warrants the death penality. Our prisons are full of gang bangers who have been convicted of cold blooded murders, and yet are not given the death penality (many of them not white or rich). Why were they spared? Did they all have access to 'expensive' legal counsel?
    In my observations it usually IS whites that are getting executed. Whites seem to be the ones who commit the most heinous crimes--usually serial killers, etc...(Gacy, Bundy, and the other white dude who liked to eat people whose name escapes me now) . I'd say blacks were next for executions after the whites. The last serial killer I remember was back in the 80's who was hispanic was Richard Ramirez. I'm sure there have been many others since then, but these men stick out most in my mind.

This is only my personal observation and I have no proof or stats to back it up. [/quote:1z6ijnkh]

Yea..I hear you SNT! I have no statistics that can back up my observations either. I could be completely wrong! LOL .

By the way, is that Richard Rameriez still alive or did they execute him? I remember that guy back in the 80's and the absolute terror he caused in many cities across California! I was young then, but still remember checking my windows and doors to make sure they were closed before we went to bed every night!

By the way, is that Richard Rameriez still alive or did they execute him? I remember that guy back in the 80's and the absolute terror he caused in many cities across California! I was young then, but still remember checking my windows and doors to make sure they were closed before we went to bed every night!
    He's still alive. Yeah, I remember that was REALLY scary. I was a boy in Mission Viejo when he was on the loose there. My grandpa let our family borrow their dog for a while.....LOL it was a poodle BUT, she had a really loud and deep bark, which would give off the impression that she was a large scary dog. A Mission Viejo resident was the one who copied down his liscence plate # which led to his capture and arrest.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    Reading through this thread I am seeing what could be viewed as bickering leading up to personal attacks and if it does not cool down this thread will be locked. Everyone has an opinion and if it does not agree with yours, they still have a right to it.

It will get worse the closer to November but innocent remarks can led to war of words.

I personally love the two sided debate about who is the worse. But I am the one who wants to hear it all. And it also shows we are so different until it come to closing the border and securing our employment avenues. Maybe?

This is the only place in the world were we can get and handle our issues.

We have become so political correct. It is fine not to agree. At least we will see tomorrow at ALIPAC.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast