Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Seventeen and pregnant...and this is relevant to the character of Sarah Palin for what reason? All I can say this day in age is, "SO WHAT?" At least the couple is going to take responsibilty and get married and not go seperate ways and live off of welfare! Like this is something new?

These gossip rags need to get a life.
    3. Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?
    JB: We should not exclude abstinence-until-marriage education programs.
    SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

http://eagleforumalaska.blogspot.com/20 ... idate.html
    It's not gossip the CHILD is 17 and pregnant, which means she was having sex at the age of 16. So much for christian morals and values. Gee I wonder if she has even graduated high school? I find it strange that you are the second person who states the fact that she is not on welfare as if it is the most important part of this equation. If her parents didn't have money she probably would be a high school drop out that ended up on welfare.

My point: She is the daughter of Mrs. Christian conservative, running for VP of America. Personally, I think its a disgrace whether anybody else does or not, doesn't matter to me. My son is 19, no kids, or pregnant girlfriend. He's a sophomore in college on scholarship, majoring in economics. If he got a 17 y/o girl pregnant I'd be livid.

But that's just my morals and opinion.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Well, in answer to some of the comments here, I don't believe anyone has reported, or has Governor Palin even stated she is running as a perfect wife and mother with morals above others. And I didn't hear anywhere that Palin's daughter is being forced to have the baby and get married. Personally, I think before anyone passes judgement on the Governor because she's a conservative, they need to look at the questionable morality of the liberal left. WhatMattersMost states that it's nobody's business if someone has an abortion, is gay, etc, but is really fast to criticize this young woman's choice to have her child and get married. You're awful quick to pass judgement on her and her family, and in the same breath say you don't feel it's okay to pass judgement on anyone else for their behavior. Governor Palin's daughter being pregnant has no more to do with Palin's ability as VP, than does a lot of the sins of the liberal left have to do with their ability to hold office. You can't have it both ways.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    Seventeen and pregnant...and this is relevant to the character of Sarah Palin for what reason? All I can say this day in age is, "SO WHAT?" At least the couple is going to take responsibilty and get married and not go seperate ways and live off of welfare! Like this is something new?

These gossip rags need to get a life.
    It's not gossip the CHILD is 17 and pregnant, which means she was having sex at the age of 16. So much for christian morals and values. Gee I wonder if she is even graduated high school, yet you are the second person who states the fact that she is not on welfare as being the most important part of this equation. If her parents didn't have money she probably would be a high school drop out that ended up on welfare.

My point: She is the daughter of Mrs. Christian conservative, running for VP of America. Personally, I think its a disgrace whether anybody else does or not, doesn't matter to me. My son is 19, no kids, or pregnant girlfriend. He's a sophomore in college on scholarship, majoring in economics. If he got a 17 y/o girl pregnant I'd be livid.

But that's just my morals and opinion.
    It isn't the conservatives that has made SEX the most selling and advertised in the media it is /was the liberals. When parents are made to feel guilty for snooping on their kids and have been told if we disciplin our children we are bad parents and child abusers then what control do we have. When our kids are at school or a friends house how are we suppose to stop them from doing something stupid ? You keep bringing up Christianity as to bash it, I am of a Christian faith but I don't call myself a Christian because the definition of a Chritian is "To Be CHRIST LIKE" No One on this green earth will ever be CHRIST like until we are in the presence of the ALMIGHTY GOD !!! You can bash Conservatives all you want but it is the LIBERALS that has thrown SEX out there to say it is ok , it is the thing to do. All we can do is try to teach our Children RIGHT from WRONG and hope they do the RIGHT !

Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

We are all types here. The ONLY thing we have to agree on is illegal immigration.

We are eating our own today because we are so darn frustrated with our politicains, of all the parties.

We will never agree on everything everyone says, even if we like them.

We seem to be pissed off at at least one poster today!
    Things are getting so bad out there and we have no one to vote for really. LOL

I surprised to have such lively conversations on a holiday.

I hope Lou Dobbs is fired up too! Thanks for the rumble you guys, I'm totally worn out. Lou better be on?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    In the last 6 years we've had a couple of conservative closet homosexuals, an alcoholic conservative president; a conservative child molester and, McCain the conservative cheat who left his ailing wife for a young, rich trollop. McCain who is by no means intelligent and is running on one issue, his captivity in Viet Nam which by no means qualifies him to get us out of this mess. After 30+ years in government, he's still clueless and I doubt his IQ is any higher than it was 30 years ago.
    It's not just her its all of them.
    Well, I see that you enjoy trashing Rebublicans but conveniently overlooked the malfeasance and corruption coming from Democrats. Since you have little interest in "calling out the Democrats", here's just a partial list of DEMOCRAT MALFEASANCE, CORRUPTION AND WRONG-DOING (Remember…all those listed below are DEMOCRATS):

Jimmy Carter - the worst president in the history of the country at any point of any time.

William Jefferson – U.S. Congressman from Louisiana taking bribes and stuffing the money in his refrigerator in an attempt to hide it from the FBI.

Nancy Pelosi – U.S. Congresswoman California and House Majority Leader (third in line for the Presidency)- More concerned with her next plastic surgery appointment than serving the American people and meeting our domestic energy needs.

‘Dingy’ Harry Reid – Senate Majority Leader bought lock, stock and barrel by the illegal alien lobby and the marxist no-drillers.

Slick Willie Clinton- the U.S. President who was too busy chasing interns, Kathleen Willey, Jennifer Flowers and anything with a skirt instead of running the country.

Teddy Kennedy - Massasschusett Sr. Senator best known for his ‘right to no-life’ for Mary Jo Kopechne.

Barney Frank – U. S. Congressman from Mass. - hiring a male prostitute for his personal pleasure and then making him his taxpayer funded ‘personal assistant’.

Sandy Berger -former NSA Advisor stealing classified documents from the National Archives.

James McGreevy – NJ Governor who had repeated gay affairs while in office and being married. Taxpayer money was implicated as being utilized during the 'affairs process'.

Eliot Spitzer – NY state Governor - soliciting sex from prostitutes while in office and on the taxpayer dime.

Jesse Jackson and his extramarital affair producing an illegitimate child.

Daniel David Rostenkowski -U.S. Representative from Illinois. Indicted on 17 felony charges- pleaded guilty to two counts of misuse of public funds and sentenced to seventeen months in federal prison.

Melvin Jay Reynolds- U.S. Representative from Illinois Convicted on sexual misconduct and obstruction of justice charges and sentenced to five years in prison.

Charles Coles Diggs, Jr. - U.S. Representative from Michigan Convicted on eleven counts of mail fraud and filing false payroll forms- sentenced to three years in prison.

George Rogers - Massachusetts State House of Representatives Convicted of bribery in 1978 and sentenced to two years in prison.

Don Siegelman - Governor Alabama - indicted in a bid-rigging scheme involving a maternity-care program.

John Murtha, Jr. -U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting

Gerry Eastman Studds -U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. The first openly gay member of Congress. Censured by the House of Representatives for having sexual relations with a teenage House page.

James C. Green - North Carolina State House of Representatives Convicted of tax evasion in 1997

Frederick Richmond - U.S. Representative from New York Arrested in Washington, D.C., in 1978 for soliciting sex from a minor and from an undercover police officer - pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor. Also - charged with tax evasion, marijuana possession, and improper payments to a federal employee - pleaded guilty.

Raymond Lederer - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania.. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

Harrison Arlington Williams, Jr. - U.S. Senator from New Jersey. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted of nine counts of bribery, conspiracy, receiving an unlawful gratuity, conflict of interest, and interstate travel in aid of racketeering. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $50,000.

Michael Joseph Myers - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Implicated in the Abscam sting - convicted of bribery and conspiracy; sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000; expelled from the House of Representatives on October 2, 1980

John Michael Murphy - U.S. Representative from New York Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted of conspiracy, conflict of interest, and accepting an illegal gratuity. Sentenced to three years in prison and fined $20,000.

John Wilson Jenrette, Jr - U.S. Representative from South Carolina. Implicated in the Abscam sting. Convicted on bribery and conspiracy charges and sentenced to prison

Neil Goldschmidt - Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.

Alcee Lamar Hastings - U.S. Representative from Florida. Impeached and removed from office as federal judge in 1989 over bribery charges.

Marion Barry - Mayor of Washington, D.C.. Convicted of cocaine possession after being caught on videotape smoking crack cocaine. Sentenced to six months in prison.

Mario Biaggi U.S. Representative from New York. Indicted on federal charges that he had accepted bribes in return for influence on federal contracts. Convicted of obstructing justice and accepting illegal gratuities. Tried in 1988 on federal racketeering charges and convicted on 15 felony counts.

Lee Alexander - Mayor of Syracuse, N.Y. Was indicted over a $1.5 million kickback scandal. Pleaded guilty to racketeering and tax evasion charges. Served six years in prison.

Bill Campbell - Mayor of Atlanta. Indicted and charged with fraud over claims he accepted improper payments from contractors seeking city contracts.

Frank Ballance - Congressman North Carolina. Pleaded guilty to one charge of conspiracy to commit mail fraud and money laundering related to mishandling of money by his charitable foundation.

Hazel O'Leary - Secretary of Energy during the Clinton Administration - O'Leary took trips all over the world as Secretary with as many 50 staff members and at times rented a plane, which was used by Madonna during her concert tours.

Lafayette Thomas - Sheriff of Davidson County, from 1972 to 1990. Indicted in federal court on 54 counts of abusing his power as sheriff. Pleaded guilty to theft and mail fraud; sentenced to five years in prison.

Mary Rose Oakar - U.S. Representative from Ohio from 1977 to 1993. Pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges of funneling $16,000 through fake donors.

David Giles - candidate for U.S. Representative from Washington in 1986 and 1990. Convicted in June 2000 of child rape.

Gary Siplin - State senator Florida- found guilty of third-degree grand theft of $5,000 or more, a felony, and using services of employees for his candidacy.

Edward Mezvinsky - U.S. Representative from Iowa from 1973 to 1977. Indicted on 56 federal fraud charges.

Lena Swanson -Member of Washington State Senate. Pleaded guilty to charges of soliciting unlawful payments from veterans and former prisoners of war.

Abraham J. Hirschfeld candidate in Democratic primary for U.S. Senator from New York in 1974 and 1976. Offered Paula Jones $1 million to drop her sexual harassment lawsuit against President Bill Clinton. Convicted in 2000 of trying to hire a hit man to kill his business partner.

Henry Cisneros - U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of lying to the FBI.

James A. Traficant Jr. - Member of House of Representatives from Ohio. Expelled from Congress after being convicted of corruption charges. Sentenced today to eight years in prison for accepting bribes and kickbacks.

John Doug Hays - member of Kentucky State Senate. Found guilty of mail fraud for submitting false campaign reports stemming from an unsuccessful run for judge. He was sentenced to six months in prison to be followed by six months of home confinement and three years of probation.

Henry J. Cianfrani - Pennsylvania State Senate. Convicted on federal charges of racketeering and mail fraud for padding his Senate payroll. Sentenced to five years in federal prison.

David Hall - Governor of Oklahoma. Indicted on extortion and conspiracy charges. Convicted and sentenced to three years in prison.

John A. Celona - A former state senator was charged with the three counts of mail fraud. Federal prosecutors accused him of defrauding the state and collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars from CVS Corp. and others while serving in the legislature. Celona has agreed to plead guilty to taking money from the CVS pharmacy chain and other companies that had interest in legislation. Under the deal, Celona agreed to cooperate with investigators. He faces up to five years in federal prison on each of the three counts and a $250,000 fine

Allan Turner Howe - U.S. Representative. Arrested for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.

Jerry Cosentino - Illinois State Treasurer. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud - fined $5,000 and sentenced to nine months home confinement.

Joseph Waggonner Jr. - U.S. Representative from Louisiana from 1961 to 19 79. Arrested in Washington, D.C. for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.

Albert G. Bustamante - U.S. Representative from Texas. Convicted in 1993 on racketeering and bribery charges and sentenced to prison.

Lawrence Jack Smith - U.S. Representative from Florida. Sentenced to three months in federal prison for tax evasion.

David Lee Walters - Governor of Oklahoma. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor election law violation.

James Guy Tucker, Jr. - Governor of Arkansas. Resigned in July 1996 after conviction on federal fraud charges as part of the Whitewater investigation.

Walter Rayford Tucker - Mayor of Compton, California; U.S. Representative from California. Sentenced to 27 months in prison for extortion and tax evasion.

William McCuen - Secretary of State of Arkansas. Admitted accepting kickbacks from two supporters he gave jobs, and not paying taxes on the money. Admitted to conspiring with a political consultant to split $53,560 embezzled from the state in a sham transaction. He was indicted on corruption charges. Pleaded guilty to felony counts tax evasion and accepting a kickback. Sentenced to 17 years in prison.

Walter Fauntroy - Delegate to U.S. Congress from the District of Columbia. Charged in federal court with making false statements on financial disclosure forms. Pleaded guilty to one felony count and sentenced to probation.

Carroll Hubbard, Jr. - Kentucky State Senate and U.S. Representative from Kentucky. Pleaded guilty to conspiring to defraud the Federal Elections Commission and to theft of government property; sentenced to three years in prison.

Joseph Kolter- member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives and U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Indicted by a Federal grand jury on five felony charges of embezzlement at the U.S. House post office. Pleaded guilty.

Webster Hubbell - Chief Justice of Arkansas State Supreme Court. Pleaded guilty to federal mail fraud and tax evasion charges - sentenced to 21 months in prison.

Nicholas Mavroules - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to charges of tax fraud and accepting gratuities while in office.

Carl Christopher Perkins - Kentucky State House of Representatives and U.S. Representative from Kentucky. Pleaded guilty to bank fraud in connection with the House banking scandal. Perkins wrote overdrafts totaling about $300,000. Pleaded guilty to charges of filing false statements with the Federal Election Commission and false financial disclosure reports. Sentenced to 21 months in prison.

Richard Hanna -U.S. Representative from California. Received payments of about $200,000 from a Korean businessman in what became known as the "Koreagate" influence buying scandal. Pleaded guilty and sentenced to federal prison.

Angelo Errichetti - New Jersey State Senator was sentenced to six years in prison and fined $40,000 for his involvement in Abscam.

Daniel Baugh Brewster- U.S. Senator from Maryland. Indicted on charges of accepting illegal gratuity while in Senate.

Thomas Joseph Dodd - U.S. Senator from Connecticut. Censured by the Senate for financial improprieties, having diverted $116,000 in campaign and testimonial funds to his own use.

Edward Fretwell Prichard, Jr. Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Kentucky. Convicted of vote fraud in federal court in connection with ballot-box stuffing. Served five months in prison.

Jerry Springer - Resigned from Cincinnati City Council in 1974 after admitting to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor.

Guy Hamilton Jones, Sr. -Arkansas State Senate. Convicted on federal tax charges and expelled from the Arkansas Senate.

Daniel Flood - U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. Pleaded guilty to a conspiracy charge involving payoffs and sentenced to probation.

Otto Kerner, Jr - Governor of Illinois.. While serving as Governor, he and another official made a gain of over $300,000 in a stock deal. Convicted on 17 counts of bribery, conspiracy, perjury, and related charges. Sentenced to three years in federal prison and fined $50,000.

George Crockett, Jr. - U.S. Representative from Michigan. Served four months in federal prison for contempt of court following his defense of a Communist leader on trial for advocating the overthrow of the government.

Cornelius Edward Gallagher - U.S. Representative from New Jersey . Indicted on federal charges of income tax evasion, conspiracy, and perjury

Mark B. Jimenez - Democrat fundraiser - sentenced to 27 months in prison on charges of tax evasion and conspiracy to defraud the United States and commit election-financing offenses.

Bobby Lee Rush - U.S. Representative from Illinois. As a Black Panther, spent six months in prison on a weapons charge.

Bolley ''Bo'' Johnson - Former Florida House Speaker - received a two-year term for tax evasion.

Roger L. Green -- Brooklyn Democrat Assemblyman. Pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for accepting travel reimbursement for trips he did not pay for and was sentenced to fines and probation.

Gloria Davis - Bronx assemblywoman. Pleaded guilty to second-degree bribe taking.

Jim Black – NC State Representative, Assembly Majority Leader - Convicted of soliciting bribes, taking bribes, extortion, tax evasion…now serving multiple years in prison.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Children in this society are being sexualized at earlier and earlier ages thanks to Hollywood, the record, video games and TV industries. Parents have been in a constant battle in this country to try and preserve the innocence of childhood for their children for over 20 years, but the "sex sells" mentality of the corporations who have a stranglehold on every level of our lives makes our resistance almost futile. It's out of control and access to sexually explicit material has been made all too easy.

All I'm trying to say is, a 17 year old pregnant female in this society isn't anything new these days other than they don't try to hide it anymore and many of them don't take full responsibility for it as was done back in the early 60's clear back into the 1930's and beyond.

Back then the pregnancies were for the most part "accidental" from ignorance, but just this past year we've seen scores of 17 year olds and younger getting pregnant on purpose, now days NOT TO TRAP a boy into marrying, but just to do it and have a baby to "love."

It's not always a good route to take for a 17 year old to get pregnant and locked into a marriage so young, but if and when they do try to take adult responsibility for it, I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt that they are trying to be adult about it and I will try to "support" that.

We as a nation have allowed big businesses to take our chiildren's innocence away, by allowing raunchy movies, video games, TV shows and song lyrics to slither their way into our everyday lives. Unless you are with your child every single second of their daily lives, there is no possible way you're going to completely shield them from the temptations that are out there EVERY WHERE!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

"WhatMattersMost"

McCain who is by no means intelligent and is running on one issue, his captivity in Viet Nam which by no means qualifies him to get us out of this mess.
    I Agree!

"zeezil"
    Jimmy Carter - the worst president in the history of the country at any point of any time.
    Sorry, Bush has earned that title now, and he's not even finished yet. I assume we will be in a triple war by Christmas. That would be Iran and Russia too!

The difference as I see it is that the Dems don't run their whole campaign on morals like Conservative do. IMHO

Also, in your "list," there are only 3 that count after Jesse Jackson. The rest are bogus to have on the list as they are "unknown" to most.
    I'm sure anyone could come up with a list of Dems and Independents too. It's kind of childish.

It does speak volumes of your defenseness of your party. I assume it's because of Bush and how bad he has done. Oh, I forgot all the criminals under him! That would be the top 5 people. It would be hard to defend the current regime. BUT there is a difference between someone who does something human/immoral, and someone who is just plain evil...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    "zeezil"
    [b]Sorry, Bush has earned that title now, and he's not even finished yet. I assume we will be in a triple war by Christmas. That would be Iran and Russia too!
    Sorry, WhatMattersMost...the contest is not even close. During his four years in the White House, Carter presided over the worst economic downturn since World War II, allowed a bunch of thugs in Iran to seize our embassy and our citizens, subverted Israel, so mishandled and deconstructed our military that it practically became a laughingstock; supported numerous dictators including Fernando Marcos of the Phillippines, Pakistani General Zia al Huq, Saudi King Faud and others including Manuel Noriega, Romanian dictator Nicolai Ceaucescu and, of course, Yasser Arafat. His midwifery of the Islamic Republic of Iran is directly responsible for the Muslim terror that has subsequently spread across the world. Yeah, that Jimmy Carter was quite a guy…and President!!!

"WhatMattersMost" Also, in your "list," there are only 3 that count after Jesse Jackson. The rest are bogus to have on the list as they are "unknown" to most.
    I'm sure anyone could come up with a list of Dems and Independents too. It's kind of childish.[/b]
    Perhaps in your limited knowledge of politics and politicians, most of those on the list aren't recognized by YOU as they are by most. And, pray tell...please elucidate your ideas on how "it's kind of childish" to publish a huge list of Democrat corruption. Dr. Phil would love to hear your thoughts, as I'm sure many here on this board would, too.

BUT there is a difference between someone who does something human/immoral, and someone who is just plain evil...[/b]
    Dr. Phil would love it if you would expound your thoughts on this one, too.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast