Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've read some of these blogs and people can be really cruel. I say of you are perfect cast your stones, go ahead! At least we can all say she is a good enough mother for her daughter to go to when needed, that she has a mother who she doesn't have to hide something like this from, and that her mother and family stepped up to help support Bristol in her time of need. Those are the family values I like. It doesn't matter that she got pregnant t at 17 because no matter what kind of parent you are kids make mistakes, they are human but it's how you handle the mistakes that shows what kind of parenting you have had. I'm just glad she doesn't have to hide the pregnancy, have the baby, and dump it somewhere without any ever knowing like so many teenage girls do every single year, or get an abortion that will stay with them for the rest of their life. I applaud the Palin's and their dedication to their children.
    Amen to that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If the "Obamas" were her parents they would not want her "punished" by having a baby...they would want her to abort it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Also, from what I've heard.......this wasn't a secret and she told McCain about this from the get go. Not like Edwards with tons of denials.

While I agree that she is fortunate to have the support of her family, there are two sides to this issue and there is a negative/disturbing aspect to this issue as well.

The VP candidate of "family values" has 5 kids and obviously doesn't believe in the use of birth control or abortion and that's fine since she is an adult and is entitled to her personal choices.

The fact that her 17 year old kid (and yes mentally and emotionally she is still a kid) is single and pregnant (soon to be married or not)is not something to be celebrated. As a matter of fact it opens the doors to public scrutiny. Were her parents too busy with their own brood or careers to pay attention to the warning signals of the sexual activity of their teenage daughter?

Are they forcing this child and her baby's daddy to have the child and into premature parenthood and a marriage that they are not pyschologically, financially or emotionally equipped to deal with for the sake of appearance?

While there may be many teenagers who end up in this sad state, because her mother is a public figure, these are all questions that should be pursued by the media and those who are considering Ms. Palin as as viable candidate for the office of VP.

After all, if she (or her husband) cannot discipline and monitor an obviously out of control 17 year old child or , be a fiscally responsible mayor of a town less than 10K people, what in the world will happen to this country if 72 year old John McCain wins the election and drops dead the day after?

Disclaimer: No I DO NOT SUPPORT OBAMA EITHER . . . .

Some things cannot be justified. Just a little food for thought.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

ELE

Babies are always blessings!

17 is very young to have a child....but babies are always a blessing regardless of the mothers age !

I think that Palin has handled this matter in a very dignified manner!

Re: Babies are always blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    17 is very young to have a child....but babies are always a blessing regardless of the mothers age !

I think that Palin has handled this matter in a very dignified manner!
    Ok but what does your opinion vs. Ms. Palin and her family's reality have to do with anything? Again, it doesn't justify giving either the mother or the daughter a pass in terms of personal responsibility or answer the question how capable Ms. Palin really is should McCain get elected and drops dead shortly thereafter.

Obviously, the daughter has fallen through the cracks of Ms. Palin's juggling act of wife, mother of 5 and politician.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If the "Obamas" were her parents they would not want her "punished" by having a baby...they would want her to abort it.
    That's a pretty huge assessment on your part. In light of the fact that neither of the Obama daughters is pregnant and unmarried, you know this because?

Exactly, you don't. The Palin's on the other hand has as pregnant teenager who is probably being forced to have the baby and marry her baby's daddy to save public face.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    At 17, Bristol is a concenting adult. This error in judgement has changed her life. I agree, more like gossip about the family than news about the candidate.

You know this makes Palin an attractive candidate to the pro-lifers.

Dixie
    Good points Dixie! I'm not so quick to celebrate any 17 year old who becomes pregnant out of wedlock. Generally, a 17 year old probably not had enough life experience to become a good parent. I guess there can always be exceptions, but why risk the well being and future of a child on that exception.

The daughter is lucky that she will have a supportive network around her to help out. For that, I do commend the parents as they are showing unconditional love and support for their child.

That's definitely a good thing!
    This unwed mom won't have to make her own way or worry about money. It's different than the normal teen that's having sex. She can stay in school and easily go to college too. Most just get the babysitter for free.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Just because someone is pro-abortion doesn't mean they would EVER have one. It just means they don't judge the person because all three choices are hard. Any choice changes your life drastically. Personally, I could NEVER give my baby away. (I have no kids.)
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Ok but what does your opinion vs. Ms. Palin and her family's reality have to do with anything? Again, it doesn't justify giving either the mother or the daughter a pass in terms of personal responsibility or answer the question how capable Ms. Palin really is should McCain get elected and drops dead shortly thereafter
    I'm not giving either a pass.......I'm not the judge.....it's what they do with it that matters. I have heard nothing about her views concerning birth control....but even with birth control it's not 100% perfect.....then what? Toss her out, kill her, or tell her no sweat, apply for welfare. Want shot guns firing in a forced wedding or a dead girl too afraid to do anything? It's not that bad things happen.....it's what you do with it, when the cards are delt.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast