Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Something went wrong when I put that last joke in and the page got real wide Can anybody fix it? Or tell me how to?

This is my all time favorite, it is an oldie but a goodie

AT&T

[Editor's note: This was written by Robert Byron. It can also be found on his site, which he sent to me, although when I tried this link it didn't work...anyway, it's reprinted with his permission, so if you forward it please leave this attribution intact.]

One thing that has always bugged me, and I'm sure it does most of you, is to sit down at the dinner table only to be interrupted by a
    phone call from a telemarketer. I decided, on one such occasion, to try to be as irritating as they were to me. The call was from AT&T and it went something like this: (swallowing)

Me: Hello
    AT&T: Hello, this is AT&T...
    Me: Is this AT&T?
    AT&T: Yes, this is AT&T...
    Me: This is AT&T?
    AT&T: Yes This is AT&T...
    AT&T: YES! This is AT&T, may I speak to Mr. Byron please?
    Me: May I ask who is calling?
    AT&T: This is AT&T.
    Me: OK, hold on.

At this point I put the phone down for a solid 5 minutes thinking that, surely, this person would have hung up the phone. I ate my salad. Much to my surprise, when I picked up the receiver, they were still waiting.

Me: Hello?
    AT&T: Is this Mr. Byron?
    Me: May I ask who is calling please?
    AT&T: Yes this is AT&T...
    AT&T: Yes this is AT&T...
    Me: This is AT&T?
    AT&T: Yes, is this Mr. Byron?
    Me: Yes, is this AT&T?
    AT&T: Yes sir.
    Me: The phone company?
    Me: I thought you said this was AT&T.
    AT&T: Yes sir, we are a phone company.
    Me: I already have a phone.
    AT&T: We aren't selling phones today Mr. Byron.
    Me: Well whatever it is, I'm really not interested but thanks for calling.

( When you are not interested in something, I don't think you can express yourself any plainer than by saying "I'm really not interested", but this lady was persistent.)

AT&T: Mr. Byron we would like to offer you 10 cents a minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Now, I am sure she meant she was offering a "rate" of 10 cents a minute but she at no time used the word rate. I could clearly see that it was time to whip out the trusty old calculator and do a little ciphering.

Me: Now, that's 10 cents a minute 24 hours a day?
    AT&T: (getting a little excited at this point by my interest) Yes sir that's right! 24 hours a day!
    Me: 7 days a week?
    AT&T: That's right.
    Me: 365 days a year?
    Me: I am definitely interested in that! Wow!!! That's amazing!
    AT&T: We think so!
    Me: That's quite a sum of money!
    AT&T: Yes sir, it's amazing how it adds up.
    Me: OK, so will you send me checks weekly, monthly or just one big one at the end of the year for the full $52,560, and if you send an annual check, can I get a cash advance?
    AT&T: Excuse me?
    Me: You know, the 10 cents a minute.
    AT&T: What are you talking about?
    Me: You said you'd give me 10 cents a minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. That comes to $144 per day, $1,008 per week and $52,560 per year. I'm just interested in knowing how you will be making payment.
    AT&T: Oh no sir I didn't mean we'd be paying you. You pay us 10 cents a minute.
    Me: Wait a minute here!!! Didn't you say you'd give me 10 cents a minute. Are you sure this is AT&T?
    AT&T: Well, yes this is AT&T sir but......
    Me: But nothing, how do you figure that by saying that you'll give me 10 cents a minute that I'll give you 10 cents a minute? Is this some kind of subliminal telemarketing scheme? I've read about things like this in the Enquirer you know. Don't use your alien brainwashing techniques on me.
    AT&T: No sir we are offering 10 cents a minute for.....
    Me: THERE YOU GO AGAIN! Can I speak to a supervisor please!
    AT&T: Sir I don't think that is necessary.
    Me: Sure! You say that now! What happens later?
    AT&T: What?
    Me: I insist on speaking to a supervisor!
    AT&T: Yes Mr. Byron. Please hold.

So now AT&T has me on hold and my supper is getting cold. I begin to eat while I'm waiting for a supervisor. After a wait of a few minutes and while I have a mouth full of food:

Supervisor: Mr. Byron?
    Me: Yeth?
    Supervisor: I understand you are not quite understanding our 10 cents a minute program.
    Me: Id thish Ath Teeth & Teeth?
    Supervisor: Yes sir, it sure is.

I had to swallow before I choked on my food. It was all I could do to suppress my laughter and I had to be careful not to produce a snort.

Me: No, actually I was just waiting for someone to get back to me so that I could sign up for the plan.
    Supervisor: OK, no problem, I'll transfer you back to the person who was helping you.
    Me: Thank you.

I was on hold once again and managed a few more mouthfuls. I needed to end this conversation. Suddenly, there was an aggravated but polite voice at the other end of the phone.

AT&T: Hello Mr. Byron, I understand that you are interested in signing up for our plan?
    Me: Do you have that friends and family thing because you can never have enough friends and I'm an only child and I'd really like to have a little brother...
    AT&T: (click)
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The following letters are taken from an actual incident between a London hotel and one of its guests last year. The hotel ended up submitting the letters to the Sunday Times. (Comment by me: Don't know if this is true or not, but it's still funny! One of my favorites, especially since I have managed several resort hotels and things like this DO happen )

Dear Maid, Please do not leave any more of those little bars of soap in my bathroom since I have brought my own bath-sized Imperial Leather. Please remove the six unopened little bars from the shelf under the medicine chest and another three in the shower soap dish. They are in my way. Thank you, S. Berman

Dear Room 635, I am not your regular maid. She will be back tomorrow, Thursday, from her day off. I took the 3 hotel soaps out of the shower soap dish as you requested. The 6 bars on your shelf I took out of your way and put on top of your Kleenex dispenser in case you should change your mind. This leaves only the 3 bars I left today which my instructions from the management are to leave 3 soaps daily. I hope this is satisfactory. Kathy, Relief Maid

Dear Maid I hope you are my regular maid. Apparently Kathy did not tell you about my note to her concerning the little bars of soap. When I got back to my room this evening, I found you had added 3 little Camays to the shelf under my medicine cabinet. I am going to be here in the hotel for two weeks and have brought my own bath-size Imperial Leather, so I won't need those 6 little Camays, which are on the shelf. They are in the way when shaving, brushing teeth etc. Please remove them. S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, The assistant manager, Mr Kensedder, informed me this morning that you called him last evening and said you were unhappy with your maid service. I have assigned a new girl to your room. I hope you will accept my apologies for any past inconvenience. If you have any future complaints, please contact me so I can give it my personal attention. Call extension 1108 between 8AM and 5PM. Thank you. Elaine Carmen > Housekeeper

Dear Miss Carmen, It is impossible to contact you by phone since I leave the hotel for business at 7:45 AM and don't get back before 5:30 or 6.00 PM. That's the reason I called Mr Kensedder last night. You were already off duty. I only asked Mr Kensedder if he could do anything about those little bars of soap. The new maid you assigned me must have thought I was a new check in today, since she left another 3 bars of hotel soap in my medicine cabinet, along with her regular delivery of 3 bars on the bathroom shelf. In just 5 days here I have accumulated 24 little bars of soap. Why are you doing this to me? S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, Your maid, Kathy, has been instructed to stop delivering soap to your room and to remove the extra soaps. If I can be of further assistance, please call extension 1108 between 8 AM and 5 PM. Thank you, Elaine Carmen, > Housekeeper

Dear Mr Kensedder, My bath-size Imperial Leather is missing. Every bar of soap was taken from my room, including my own bath-size Imperial Leather. I came in late last night and had to call the bellhop to bring me 4 little Cashmere Bouquets. S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, I have informed our housekeeper, Elaine Carmen, of your soap problem. I cannot understand why there was no soap in your room since our maids are instructed to leave 3 bars of soap each time they service a room. The situation will be rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Martin L. Kensedder Assistant Manager > > >

Dear Mrs Carmen, Who the hell left 54 little bars of Camay in my room? I came in last night and found 54 little bars of soap. I don't want 54 little bars of Camay. I want my one damn bar of bath-size Imperial Leather. Do you realise I have 54 bars of soap in here? All I want is my bath-size Imperial Leather. Please give me back my bath-size Imperial Leather. > > S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, You complained of too much soap in your room, so I had them removed. Then you complained to Mr Kensedder that all your soap was missing, so I personally returned them. The 24 Camays which had been taken and the 3 Camays you are supposed to receive daily. I don't know anything about the 4 Cashmere Bouquets. Obviously your maid, Kathy, did not know I had returned your soaps, so she also brought 24 Camays plus the 3 daily Camays. I don't know where you got the idea this hotel issues bath-size Imperial Leather. I was able to locate some bath-size Ivory which I left in your room.
    Elaine Carmen > Housekeeper > > >

Dear Mrs Carmen, Just a short note to bring you up-to-date on my latest soap inventory. As of today I possess:
    * On the shelf under the medicine cabinet -18 Camay in 4 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.
    * On the Kleenex dispenser - 11 Camay in 2 stacks of 4 and 1stack of 3.
    * On the bedroom dresser - 1 stack of 3 Cashmere Bouquet, 1 stack of 4 hotel-size Ivory, and 8 Camay in 2 stacks of 4.
    * Inside the medicine cabinet - 14 Camay in 3 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.
    * In the shower soap dish - 6 Camay, very moist.
    * On the northeast corner of the tub - 1 Cashmere Bouquet, slightly used.
    * On the northwest corner of the tub - 6 Camays in 2 stacks of 3. Please ask Kathy when she services my room to make sure the stacks are neatly piled and dusted. Also, please advise her that stacks of more than 4 have a tendency to tip. May I suggest that my bedroom window sill is not in use and will make an excellent spot for future soap deliveries. One more item, I have purchased another bar of bath-size Imperial Leather, which I am keeping in the hotel vault in order to avoid further misunderstandings. > > S. Berman > > > >
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    The following letters are taken from an actual incident between a London hotel and one of its guests last year. The hotel ended up submitting the letters to the Sunday Times. (Comment by me: Don't know if this is true or not, but it's still funny! One of my favorites, especially since I have managed several resort hotels and things like this DO happen )

Dear Maid, Please do not leave any more of those little bars of soap in my bathroom since I have brought my own bath-sized Imperial Leather. Please remove the six unopened little bars from the shelf under the medicine chest and another three in the shower soap dish. They are in my way. Thank you, S. Berman

Dear Room 635, I am not your regular maid. She will be back tomorrow, Thursday, from her day off. I took the 3 hotel soaps out of the shower soap dish as you requested. The 6 bars on your shelf I took out of your way and put on top of your Kleenex dispenser in case you should change your mind. This leaves only the 3 bars I left today which my instructions from the management are to leave 3 soaps daily. I hope this is satisfactory. Kathy, Relief Maid

Dear Maid I hope you are my regular maid. Apparently Kathy did not tell you about my note to her concerning the little bars of soap. When I got back to my room this evening, I found you had added 3 little Camays to the shelf under my medicine cabinet. I am going to be here in the hotel for two weeks and have brought my own bath-size Imperial Leather, so I won't need those 6 little Camays, which are on the shelf. They are in the way when shaving, brushing teeth etc. Please remove them. S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, The assistant manager, Mr Kensedder, informed me this morning that you called him last evening and said you were unhappy with your maid service. I have assigned a new girl to your room. I hope you will accept my apologies for any past inconvenience. If you have any future complaints, please contact me so I can give it my personal attention. Call extension 1108 between 8AM and 5PM. Thank you. Elaine Carmen > Housekeeper

Dear Miss Carmen, It is impossible to contact you by phone since I leave the hotel for business at 7:45 AM and don't get back before 5:30 or 6.00 PM. That's the reason I called Mr Kensedder last night. You were already off duty. I only asked Mr Kensedder if he could do anything about those little bars of soap. The new maid you assigned me must have thought I was a new check in today, since she left another 3 bars of hotel soap in my medicine cabinet, along with her regular delivery of 3 bars on the bathroom shelf. In just 5 days here I have accumulated 24 little bars of soap. Why are you doing this to me? S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, Your maid, Kathy, has been instructed to stop delivering soap to your room and to remove the extra soaps. If I can be of further assistance, please call extension 1108 between 8 AM and 5 PM. Thank you, Elaine Carmen, > Housekeeper

Dear Mr Kensedder, My bath-size Imperial Leather is missing. Every bar of soap was taken from my room, including my own bath-size Imperial Leather. I came in late last night and had to call the bellhop to bring me 4 little Cashmere Bouquets. S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, I have informed our housekeeper, Elaine Carmen, of your soap problem. I cannot understand why there was no soap in your room since our maids are instructed to leave 3 bars of soap each time they service a room. The situation will be rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Martin L. Kensedder Assistant Manager > > >

Dear Mrs Carmen, Who the hell left 54 little bars of Camay in my room? I came in last night and found 54 little bars of soap. I don't want 54 little bars of Camay. I want my one damn bar of bath-size Imperial Leather. Do you realise I have 54 bars of soap in here? All I want is my bath-size Imperial Leather. Please give me back my bath-size Imperial Leather. > > S. Berman

Dear Mr Berman, You complained of too much soap in your room, so I had them removed. Then you complained to Mr Kensedder that all your soap was missing, so I personally returned them. The 24 Camays which had been taken and the 3 Camays you are supposed to receive daily. I don't know anything about the 4 Cashmere Bouquets. Obviously your maid, Kathy, did not know I had returned your soaps, so she also brought 24 Camays plus the 3 daily Camays. I don't know where you got the idea this hotel issues bath-size Imperial Leather. I was able to locate some bath-size Ivory which I left in your room.
    Elaine Carmen > Housekeeper > > >

Dear Mrs Carmen, Just a short note to bring you up-to-date on my latest soap inventory. As of today I possess:
    * On the shelf under the medicine cabinet -18 Camay in 4 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.
    * On the Kleenex dispenser - 11 Camay in 2 stacks of 4 and 1stack of 3.
    * On the bedroom dresser - 1 stack of 3 Cashmere Bouquet, 1 stack of 4 hotel-size Ivory, and 8 Camay in 2 stacks of 4.
    * Inside the medicine cabinet - 14 Camay in 3 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.
    * In the shower soap dish - 6 Camay, very moist.
    * On the northeast corner of the tub - 1 Cashmere Bouquet, slightly used.
    * On the northwest corner of the tub - 6 Camays in 2 stacks of 3. Please ask Kathy when she services my room to make sure the stacks are neatly piled and dusted. Also, please advise her that stacks of more than 4 have a tendency to tip. May I suggest that my bedroom window sill is not in use and will make an excellent spot for future soap deliveries. One more item, I have purchased another bar of bath-size Imperial Leather, which I am keeping in the hotel vault in order to avoid further misunderstandings. > > S. Berman > > > >

lol These last two jokes left by you and Cayla had me chuckling while I ate my "brunch" and read them. How funny! I hope Koobster and her husband are having as much fun with this as we are! lol

I wonder if she's done her 'gender check' today? I hope she's still a girl. I've been praying like crazy about that one...and I just bet her husband has too! aahahahaha!!

These days will be missed

Breakfast at the White House
    The attractive young waitress asks Dick Cheney what he would like,
    and
    he replies, 'I'd like a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.'

"And what can I get for you, Mr. President?'

George W. looks up from his menu and replies with his trademark
    wink
    and slight grin, 'How about a quickie this morning?'

'Why, Mr. President!' the waitress exclaims. 'How rude! You're
    starting
    to act like President Clinton,' and then she storms away.

Cheney leans over to Bush and whispers.....'It's pronounced
    'quiche.'

Quote Originally Posted by florgal

and

wink

starting

'quiche.'

and

wink

starting

'quiche.'
    This one almost made me pee my pants
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

and

wink

starting

'quiche.'

Proud to be an AMERICAN

Yes they are great funnies, we are enjoying ourselves about the jokes.

Proud to be an AMERICAN

A 1st grade school teacher had twenty-six students in her class. She presented each child in her classroom the 1st half of a well-known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading, keep in mind that these are first-graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is a classic!
    1. Don't change horses--- until they stop running.
    2. Strike while--- the bug is close.
    3. It's always darkest before--- Daylight Saving Time.
    4. Never underestimate the power of--- termites.
    5. You can lead a horse to water but--- How?
    6. Don't bite the hand that--- looks dirty.
    7. No news is--- impossible
    8. A miss is as good as a--- Mr.
    9. You can't teach an old dog new--- Math
    10. If you lie down with dogs,--- you'll stink in the morning.
    11. Love all, trust--- Me.
    12. The pen is mightier than the--- pigs.
    13. An idle mind is--- the best way to relax.
    14. Where there's smoke there's--- pollution.
    15. Happy the bride who--- gets all the presents.
    16. A penny saved is--- not much.
    17. Two's company, three's--- the Musketeers.
    18. Don't put off till tomorrow--- what you put on to go to bed.
    19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and--- You have to blow your nose.
    20. There are none so blind as--- Stevie Wonder.
    21. Children should be seen and--- not spanked or grounded.
    22. If at first you don't succeed--- get new batteries.
    23. You get out of something only what you---
    See in the picture on the box
    24. When the blind lead the blind--- get out of the way
    25. A bird in the hand is--- going to poop on you.

And the WINNER and last one!
    26. Better late than--- Pregnant

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast