Page 67 of 177 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Dog
    Last night my Wife and I called 56 Senators each. She expressed her views and i mine. As a VietNam veteran, a US Citizen and a Registered voter. Also two of our sons have fought in the middle east. All 5 of our kids have college degrees. They paid for them without handouts. Why should we give entitlements to people who has came here illegally, regardless of how they got here. Its amazing to see Durbin changing the language about in state tuition. Also when i talk to these Dream Act Kids and ask them if they will fight for their country, they reply, (which country.) They don't want to join the military, they even joke about it on the their web sites. All they want is more hand outs because that's all they know. Come to America, they will give you anything you demand.

Semper Fi
    I salute you, Devil Dog for you and your sons service to our country. Thank you all for your patriotism and love for America. We will not let the money changers and power borkers take or give our country away. America is for American citizens, and no others. Let us never forget all of the Patriots that have died in service to America so that we may live free and prosperous.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Again Everyone....YOU ALL ROCK
    Your All Amazing
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I'm finding a lot of answering machines that are not full.
    Brownback, Murkowski, ......heck forget it, I can't keep track...I've called six or seven and none of them were full.

I'm going to go to Delta's list and call the ones up for re-election.
    isn't this the SAME brownback who is running for president? DIdn't he say he was gonna get tough on illegals?
    It's important to understand that some who say they will get tough on illegals don't mean in all areas. Some don't feel right about treating the kids the same as the adults, so it can't hurt to keep on Brownback just in case. I'm in the position of wanting to go to that "Coffee with Durbin and Obama" just to [Mod Edit - please review the rules, thank you].

we have the land line a 3 cell phones going here. Keep calling the NEW line the Dreamers are using is "Sorry you are against giving us brought here by our parents, the chance to serve in this countries Military," THEY WON"T JOIN. but they have been taught how to play the game really well.

I say welcome to all the folks that I have failed to welcome....all the new names...it is great to see you
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I'm going down the NumbersUSA list and leaving voice mails. Many voice mails are still open, so please keep calling & don't forget to note that Durbin's changes are FAR from good enough, e.g., his S.A. 2919 still gives amnesty to those up to age 30, AND there is still a section that allows for RETROACTIVE BENEFITS that is not affected by the age limit. In short, this means that even under the new language, an illegal alien of any age with two years of college or service can still get a green card (LPR status).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I'm going down the NumbersUSA list and leaving voice mails. Many voice mails are still open, so please keep calling & don't forget to note that Durbin's changes are FAR from good enough, e.g., his S.A. 2919 still gives amnesty to those up to age 30, AND there is still a section that allows for RETROACTIVE BENEFITS that is not affected by the age limit. In short, this means that even under the new language, an illegal alien of any age with two years of college or service can still get a green card (LPR status).
    I am on it!!!! We need to let our VOICES be heard NOW!!! NO NO NO to all the insanity that they are trying to shove down our throats!!!! WE WILL NOT ALLOW IT! NO AMNESTY!!!! NOT EVER!!!!!

PLEASE STICK WITH THE REAL LINES. DO NOT USE ANY "special lines that were set up". WE FOUND OUT LAST TIME THAT THOSE LINES GET REGISTERED AUTOMATICALLY WITH THE WRONG REQUEST. STICK WITH THE OFFICIAL PHONE LINES POSTED ABOVE.

Welcome JJ!! Remember to stick with the regular lines!! Keep up the calls and thanks very much for the update!!

Thank you April! Keep on hammering them -- maybe they'll hear your voice mail messages after mine!

p.s. another point to hammer: S.A. 2919 still allows chain migration amnesty.

Here is the reply from cheerleader Hutchison I just got. ... Notice how Texas is allowing them in since 2001?
    I will keep your thoughts in mind? What a bunch of bs.

Thank you for contacting me regarding in-state tuition for long-term resident immigrants. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

On March 1, 2007, Congressman Howard Berman (D-CA) introduced H.R. 1275, the American Dream Act. This legislation would allow states to offer in-state tuition rates to long-term resident immigrant students. Specifically, it seeks to repeal a provision in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 which requires states providing in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants to offer the same benefits to out-of-state residents.

A similar measure, S. 774, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2007, was introduced by Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) on March 6, 2007, and has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, on which I do not serve. This measure would also allow certain long-term residents who entered the U.S. as children to have their immigration or residency status adjusted to conditional permanent residents or permanent residents. Should H.R. 1275 or S. 774 come before the full Senate, you may be certain I will keep your views in mind.

On June 17, 2001, Texas began allowing nonresident students who have graduated from a Texas high school and resided in the state for at least three years to qualify for in-state tuition. These students are also eligible for state financial aid programs such as the Texas Public Educational Grant Program and the Students Incentive Grant Program.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
    Kay Bailey Hutchison
    "We are being destroyed from within"