Page 98 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ok, playtime over, this is becoming a full time job. Are we sure the slimy little Senators are not holding a midnight vote? If we are, what is our current strategy/game plan?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    cannot get my world in color.

I am so blue
    looks like your a little red to me
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Briefly, does anyone know the status as of now -- has the Senate recessed for today?

If so, what's the game plan -- fill up voice mails & fax tonight?
    Hey Populist - here's my thread with the play-by-play today:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83681

I'll briefly summarize - basically, only one notable thing happened with respect to the DREAM Act today. No, Durbin didn't bring it up for debate, Sen Vitter spoke on the floor saying that when Durbin introduces / debates his DREAM act, Vitter will introduce a 'counter-amendment' that will require the US Visit program to be in place and operational BEFORE any provision of the DREAM act can be allowed to take effect. That's it everything else today has been Iraq/funding-related.

If you're looking for particular senators to work, please give these guys some attention:

Repubs:

Murkowski (AK)
    Stevens (AK)
    Allard (CO) *still 'fuzzy' status
    Grassley (IA)
    Barrasso (WY)
    Cornyn (TX)
    Hutchison (TX)
    Smith (OR)
    Ensign (NV)
    Cochran (MS)
    Crapo (ID)
    Domenici (NM) *tentatively has pledged No to NumbersUSA
    Brownback (KS)
    Collins (ME)
    Coleman (MN)
    Sununu (NH)
    Hatch (UT)

Democrats to hammer hard too - 10 below:

Dorgan (ND)
    Landrieu (LA),
    McCaskill (MO),
    Tester (MT),
    Byrd (WV),
    Pryor (AR),
    Stabenow (MI),
    Baucus (MT),
    Rockefeller (WV),
    Nelson [Ben] (NE)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did it. I had to copy the bracket with red in it, then deleted the word "text." then I put the words between the Brackets with color words. That worked. Try that Gogo.

Put your words, after you highlight them and copy, and then paste them between the brackets.

HOW FUN! Thank you guys.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ACTION ALERT FROM W

Gogo,
    Thank you for your very sane post. I am some 40-45 miles from Greenville, but, for all the years I have lived in this area, I am ashamed that I still cannot tell you exactly how many miles, or in which direction!

If you wait a bit after using up all your time, you can select to have the voice mail sent priority hit the number 2....I did that all last night while calling, except very early this morning catching some in around 4 am........staffers that is......

Yes, cayla, I was blue in red.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Re: ACTION ALERT FROM W

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Gogo,
    Thank you for your very sane post. I am some 40-45 miles from Greenville, but, for all the years I have lived in this area, I am ashamed that I still cannot tell you exactly how many miles, or in which direction!
    We'll your pretty close by Texas standards. LOL You're welcome, we're all a little tired but working for a good cause. Keep up the good work.

I am anxious to see what Lou Dobbs has on this story (Dream Act) tonight, if anything.

I guess we might as well keep those boxes full......give them something constructive to do....

when will they listen?