Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Great Idea Zeezil I post on them all the time but if we do this in full force we could wake alot of people up!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Great Idea Zeezil I post on them all the time but if we do this in full force we could wake alot of people up!
    Absolutely, we should use every avenue to MAKE SURE OUR VOICES are HEARD!!!!!

Making calls this am. Couldn't leave a message in Sen. Cornyn's voice mail, but did with the other Senators I have called. Please help out.

-----------

Call the Senate: NO AgJobs Amnesty !
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Making calls this am. Couldn't leave a message in Sen. Cornyn's voice mail, but did with the other Senators I have called. Please help out.

-----------

Call the Senate: NO AgJobs Amnesty !
    I am making calls as well and hope others are joining in!!

LETS FILL THOSE VOICE MAILS!!!! LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!!!!

Don't forget to e-mail talk radio about this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have called mostly all offices in D.C.! I called one Senator from each state at random! Whew! Funny how Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton's voicemails were full!! LOL When I called Senator Ten Kennedy's office his line was constantly busy! Wonder why that could be? I did my work and now I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my Sunday knowing I fought for my country today!

shifts on ag jobs planShe's now behind the addition of guest-worker measure to war-funds bill.By Michael Doyle / Bee Washington Bureau05/16/08 23:34:21
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON -- Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein has changed her tune about using Iraq war spending bills to provide temporary legal status for illegal farmworkers.

She used to think it was a bad idea. Not anymore.

Next week, the full Senate is expected to consider an emergency spending bill that includes Feinstein's agricultural guest-worker plan. If it survives, the guest-worker package would offer temporary legal status to 1.35 million illegal immigrant farmworkers.

"This is an emergency situation," the California Democrat told Senate Appropriations Committee colleagues Thursday, adding that "agriculture needs a consistent work force. Without it, they can't plant, they can't prune, they can't pick and they can't pack."

Feinstein's plan modifies a more ambitious package called AgJOBS. The original AgJOBS proposal would grant legal status to 1.5 million illegal immigrant farmworkers. It would also put them on a path to receiving a green card and, in time, U.S. citizenship.

The revised plan grants legal status to fewer farmworkers, and would not put them on an automatic path toward either a green card or U.S. citizenship. After five years, the farmworkers would revert to illegal status if they were still in the United States.

"This to me is a fair compromise, just to get something in place," said Manuel Cunha, president of the Fresno-based Nisei Farmers League. Cunha stressed that the proposal is a pilot program and temporary in nature.

Feinstein added that she considered it appropriate to include the controversial guest-worker plan as an amendment to a $193 billion emergency spending bill whose primary purpose is to fund the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Other lawmakers disagree.

The ailing but still influential chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee, 90-year-old Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.Va., is among those opposed to Feinstein's maneuver.

Byrd warned Thursday that controversial Iraq war bill amendments would probably require at least 60 votes on the Senate floor, a high hurdle.

"No matter how one characterizes this enormous amendment, it still amounts to amnesty," Byrd said.

If the agricultural guest-worker amendment ultimately fails this year, lawmakers could still try using it to build tactical momentum; for instance, by securing promises of action next year.

Sometimes, this is why lawmakers introduce bills they know will lose in the short run.

Some lawmakers are already leery about adding extraneous provisions to war-funding bills, particularly on divisive immigration policies. In 2005, for instance, agricultural guest-worker supporters fell seven votes short in efforts to include AgJOBS on previous Iraq war spending legislation.

"This is not the place for this bill," one unhappy senator said during the April 18, 2005, debate. "I believe it is a mistake to pass this bill on an emergency supplemental that is designed to provide help for our military, fighting in extraordinary circumstances."

That senator, as it happened, was Feinstein.

At the time, Feinstein voiced doubts about the wisdom of legalizing so many illegal immigrants. She has since become the Senate's biggest supporter of AgJOBS, particularly since the political flameout of retiring Republican Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho.

Craig joined Feinstein on Thursday as the Appropriations Committee approved the revised guest-worker amendment by a 17-12 margin. In 2005, though, they were on opposite sides.

Feinstein's press secretary, Scott Gerber, explained Friday that "times have changed" and that "the agriculture crisis has deepened."
    The reporter can be reached at mdoyle@mcclatchydc.com or (202) 383-0006.
    http://www.fresnobee.com/business/story/607706.html

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Don't forget to e-mail talk radio about this.

RADIO TALK SHOWS:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=76263

The revised plan grants legal status to fewer farmworkers, and would not put them on an automatic path toward either a green card or U.S. citizenship. After five years, the farmworkers would revert to illegal status if they were still in the United States.
    Bull shit !!! Anyone who knows anything about how these things have been handled before knows these people won't be sent out of the country after 5-years. This is pure lies and everyone needs to know it. Remember, there is nothing more permanent than a guest (temporary) worker.

Terry Anderson is all over this right now.
    http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/pla ... &filename=