Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Lou Dobbs quoted from his book 'Independents Day':

"Lobbyists, special interests, power brokers, money changers, corporate and business elitists, even representatives of all types from foreign countries all have much more influence and access to YOUR elected representatives that you do."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"The two party system is dysfunctional regarding following Constitutional principles and representing the needs of the people and the protection and best interests of the country. They are now committed to the largest campaign contributors, the special interests with the biggest handout and loudest voice and all types of corporate and big business supporters. The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Had the US secured its borders and ports after September 11, not only would the American people be better protected against terrorism, but illegal immigration wold not now be a national crisis. Had corporate America not chosen to import illegal aliens, not chosen to employ them and exploit them in defiance of U.S. law, there would be no illegal immigration crisis. Had the federal government enforced already existing immigration law against both illegal employers and illegal aliens, there would be no crisis."

"Companies rely on illegal immigrants to do jobs they aren’t willing to pay much for. In 1980 a meat-packing job paid 19 dollars an hour but today that same job pays closer to 9 dollars an hour, according to the Labor Department. Illegal aliens depress wages for U.S. workers by as much as $200 billion a year, in addition to placing a tremendous burden on hospitals, schools and other social services."

"The illegal immigration and border security crisis had been building for over 40 years. In signing the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 into law, Pres. Johnson promised it would not be revolutionary or affect the life of Americans, even as it overturned sixty years of U.S. immigration policy of national origin quotas and led to the creation of explosive chain migration. Twenty one years later, president Reagan signed into law amnesty for more than three million illegal aliens who had entered the country. Reagan promised that new employer sanctions would “remove the incentive for illegal immigration by eliminating the job opportunitiesâ€

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ourcountrynottheirs
    I don't understand what all the fuss is about. As American citizens, we each decide who we will vote for. I don't care how many sites there are for the candidates or potential candidates. Do you people think we're a bunch of puppets? That we're so narrow minded that we can't even pick our own candidate? Last I checked, this is a free country. If a Lou Dobbs website is erected, who cares? If your candidate is so strong, than other candidates and websites should not be a problem. Capeesh?

I got to say that’s about how I feel about this whole thing.
    How much more time can be wasted on this Bull.

There is about ten other things way more important then this going on right now, today, in our battle. Those issues need 1000 times more our attention then this.

I will say for the thousandth time that I am really sick and tired of people trying to convince the voters that to vote for anyone other than a Democrat or a Republican is to guarantee that whichever person you want least will win. Those scare tactics just won't work anymore.

I personally wish there for five or six political parties to choose from. In recent years it seems to me that all the people who run for office time after time are just cut right out of the same cloth and there isn't a nickel's worht of difference in any of them. Furthermore, if any of these people had intended to do anything, it would have been done long before now. it is time for about 80% of them to step aside and let someone who cares about this country more than they care about pleasing the puppeteer run the show.

That being said, if Lou Dobbs ever does decide to run, not only will I vote for him, I'll campaign on his behalf.

Re: Lou Dobbs for President?

Quote Originally Posted by eleighs
    While I agree with much that Lou Dobbs says, pledging $200,000 to him instead of contributing to, say, Ron Paul, hurts a bonafide candidate and gives it to a speculative candidate. That is why some of Paul's supporters are upset.

I'm sorry, but people have an absolute right to donate to any person they want to be President.

Much like they have the right to vote for any person they want to be President. Like the Dems blaming Nader for "taking Gore's votes," and the Repubs blaming Perot for "taking Bush votes," people should absolutely give to, and vote for, the person they feel will make the best President.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I think the emphasis on winning the presidency is important. However, shamnesty, and the dream act originated in congress. Bush was COMPLETELY behind it, (remember his "see you at the signing" comment just before it was defeated?) and still it failed. The house members must face re-election every 2 years, so are a perfect target for grass roots action. Defeating senators running for re-election who supported amnesty THIS year will send a stronger message than any other vote. Lindsay Graham should be #1 on the defeat list. He was a STOOGE for McCain-Kennedy and amnesty. He has changed his "tune" lately, but when I see that silly grin beaming behind McCain speeches, I know he's a liar. Don't forget his award from La Raza, and his now almost forgotten line....Graham to La Raza…“We’re gonna tell the bigots to shut upâ€

we have a hispanic running for congress named quico conseca who is against amnesty. get the word out that he needs votes. that's in san antonio.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast