Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: SORRY TO SAY I AM AFRAID

Quote Originally Posted by Luvitorleavit
    Please see my posting on "The New Stories" forum under "A plan for civil disobedience" topic.

I am living this nightmare tonight as we speak. I'm about 1/2 block away from the protest. I feel like I'm in a war zone with all the helicopters flying over my roof.

I feel like such a weenie.
    First.........WELCOME LUVIT!!!

Oye.......you must be going crazy. Please do keep us posted.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GRACIAS 2ndo!!!

Yes....I am actualy walking distance from ground zero. I thought I'd get up my might and take a stroll but only if I had a Rotweiller GRRRRR!!!

You know.....sometimes being of the same heritage makes it worse when you speak your mind because the immediate accusation is "Racist, sellout, etc..etc". That is so NOT the case.

I probably know more about the Mexican culture than "aquellos" out there screaming, the names of the Aztec warriors, I've visited all the "taquerias" in El D.F. you can imagine, I know the Mexican National Anthem by heart, I've celebrated pre-posadas, posadas & pos posadas...I got married in Guanajuato, I can sing "Guadalajara"...You get my drift??

But guess what?? I also eat tabbouli, babaganoosh & kippie. I grew up with the Bible & the Koran, I went to Catequism on Sunday & later to the mosque to learn arabic and visited my Djiddie (grandpa in Arabic) watched him pray toward Mecca 5 times a day and prayed in arabic before & after our meals. I also made the sign of the cross and put my hands together and prayed "Now I lay me down to sleep...".every night before bed.

What is my point?? I am an AMERICAN first!!! What other country do you know where my family could expose us to 2 different religions, 2 different cultures, listen to Jorge Negrete, Johnny Cash & Tsaikowsky all in one day??

Hey man!! My patriotism is embedded in my psychie since childhood. My Grandpa came to Ellis Island in 1900. He was born in a farm somewhere in Syria (which is now Lebanon). They asked him how old he was. He had no clue. He had no birth certificate. So guess what?? He said July 4th!! They estimated him to be 13 years old so, we celebrated our Nation's Independance and my Djuddie's birthday every year even now that he's gone.

I dunno...I apologize for rambling.

AMERICA: "How do I love thee??? Let me count the ways..."

Yes....I am actualy walking distance from ground zero. I thought I'd get up my might and take a stroll but only if I had a Rotweiller GRRRRR!!!

LOVEIT.......I'll be more than happy to lend you my itty, bitty, wee 145 lb Rottie

Trust me, no one but no one would even attempt to look at you let alone take a step towards you, ROTF.

Trying not to get angry here, though. NO AMERICAN should ever have to worry about 'going for a stroll.' How about you get yourself to a good self-defense course so that you never have to worry about strolling again. Your world will change after a month or so of practice. And then, go get ya an itty, bitty Rottie.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like your post. I miss the days when we called America a melting pot. You sound like a true product of the melting pot and should be proud of that. I wish no one would buy into the hollow rhetoric of the takers in that protest.

Hey man!! My patriotism is embedded in my psychie since childhood. My Grandpa came to Ellis Island in 1900.
    Who knows LOVEIT........our grandfathers just might have been sitting next to each other in Ellis Island waiting for their medical check!!

$2 bucks in the pocket and a willingness to work without TAKING. That's my heritage. Oh, and ENGLISH was mandatory in our homes for us little ones. After all, "you're American, speaka de English!" But before we were born, all of our Uncles were off to fight their relatives. Didn't matter, they fought for America. Then our brothers and our husbands and finally our sons and daughters.

And through all these years, no one took ANYTHING from this country, only gave blood, sweat and tears. That was the work ethic that our grandparents brought to America and passed on to us. And I'm damned proud of it just as you are.

FIGHT ON!!!!!
    {now I'm rambling, lol}

GROUND ZERO

Hey!! I'll take the offer of the ittie bittie rottie How generous of you...LOVE DOGS!! And the self defense courses...the best advice for anyone serious about self survival!! I just need to figure out how to defend myself against the bullets!!

And the "Melting Pot" comment...GEEZE...it's been ages someone referred to me that way...I got back that Fuzzy feelin'....VERY VERY COOL!! Thank you ALL!!

Well...everything seems to be calm right now. No more spotlights zooming around, no more loud propellers over my head. All is well.

I often talk about my experiences working with the airlines, traveling abroad, living all over the US & Mexico and in the end, my gratitude for being an AMERICAN, US Citizen, tree hugger & flag waiver goes way beyond feeling proud....it's a priviledge. GOOD NIGHT AMERICA!!

SPEAKAH DE ENGLISH!!

2NDO mi amigo!!

I just caught your message before I signed out. Your Dada wash richer than my Dada!! He claims he only had .13c in his pocket. I wonder about that story sometimes...hmmmm....13 cents...13 years old ??? WHATEVER!! Weren't those just the best stories???

OH!! and the "Speakah de English" comment....well....do I have a story 4 U!!

Next time!! Gotta get some ZZZZZ's. Buenas Noches!!

Re: SPEAKAH DE ENGLISH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvitorleavit
    2NDO mi amigo!!

I just caught your message before I signed out. Your Dada wash richer than my Dada!! He claims he only had .13c in his pocket. I wonder about that story sometimes...hmmmm....13 cents...13 years old ??? WHATEVER!! Weren't those just the best stories???

OH!! and the "Speakah de English" comment....well....do I have a story 4 U!!

Next time!! Gotta get some ZZZZZ's. Buenas Noches!!
    Buona Note que bella!!

I don't fear retaliation, but I have come to expect it.
    I'm in the same camp. I've a feeling that a real faeces storm is coming down the pike on this issue. Blood will be shed. Lives will be lost.

Sad, but what must come will come. Contemplating such, the words of the Bard come to mind...

Then imitate the action of the tiger.
    Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,
    Disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage.
    Then lend the eye a terrible aspect,
    . . .
    The question is, how much of the Nation will concur? Do we as a People still have that strength of old that made this nation great?

Cats: 'Tis a pity that house cats are not like dogs with respect to defending their home and hearth. Two pissed-off cats will make mince-meat of any upright talking primate. Anybody know when the genomes for cats and dogs will be published? Or maybe we should work on domesticating some of the other primates? Juan, meet Bonzo. <Big Evil Grin>

Knowledge is Power Power corrupts Study hard Be Evil

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    2nd, I have a 15 pound male cat that digs up guinea pig sized moles and then chews on them!! He also does not like to travel, so taking him somewhere in a pillowcase would make him raving mad and he would take it out on someone!

When we were kids, we had this tom-cat that was better than having a watch dog (we had a dog, but he would hide anytime someone new came over!). We had to watch the cat when guests came over as he would get disturbed and attack out of the blue. Better than having a gun!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast