Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just called Richard Burr's local office and the staffer told me that Senator Burr "didn't vote for amnesty; he voted for cloture". When I told him it was the same as voting for amnesty he told me that was wrong and that there was another cloture vote tomorrow. When I asked how Burr would vote on the one tomorrow, the staffer said "If it's the same bill, he'll vote against it".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Webb ...shame on him...bought and sold like a cheap suit
    It goes with the hair piece he purchased at the .99 cent store.

lines busy at 202...hell i think they have turned phones off...or bbeing blasted...I pray and prey blasted from our side
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Senator Stabenow (MI) will vote against the immigration bill if it comes to final vote.

Got McConnell's local staff on the phone. Said McConnell voted for cloture because he thinks the bill should be discussed. He has no decision on which way he'll vote after discussion.
    I made my preference to get rid of the bad bill known.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    lines busy at 202...hell i think they have turned phones off...or bbeing blasted...I pray and prey blasted from our side
    Contact info with District office listed at this link:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 645#355645

Banned
    All, try to get a commitment on how they will vote on cloture.

If this goes to a final vote, the bill will likely pass because it only needs a simple majority!!

The CLOTURE vote is the only vote that counts! They cannot hide behind a promise to vote no on the final bill.

I called Sen. Gregg's offices in DC, Manchester, Concord and Nashua.

The DC office stated he did not vote for amnesty, he voted for "continuing debate" on immigration reform. Our system is broken, blah blah blah. I pointed out that a vote for closure is a vote for amnesty. He disagreed. He did state he does not know how he will vote on the second cloture. He did say that he would be inclined to vote against the final bill if the number of guest workers was not INCREASED!

The Nashua and Concord offices were almost identical. When I asked questions, I was basically referred to the statement on his website- that made me a little angry. Has anyone else had this happen? You cannot have a conversation with me, you refer me to a website? Maybe I am asking for too much, I don't know. Even when I asked "Why did Sen Gregg vote for amnesty?" I was told-you have to go to the website. Both offices did not know how he will vote on 2nd cloture or final bill.

The Manchester office said he did not vote for amnesty. He voted for cloture with "strong concerns about the final bill". He has problems with there not being enough guest workers. Again, I could not get an answer on either vote.

I let them all know that a vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty. I asked him to please vote with Sen. Sununu who has been brave and not caved into the Bush arm twisters.

I also let him know that he is very lucky he is not up for reelection in 2008 because he has angered many people in this state. Even though we are in NH, two talk radio guys out of Boston-Jay Severin and Howie Carr slammed him yesterday and it is the front page of the newspaper today about how mad we are!

Nicole

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Senator McCaskill (MO) staff says she is opposed to amnesty and will vote against this bill.

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Let's keep the momentum going!!!!

Nice bunnies, April

I am doubling/tripling my efforts today too.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast