Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi Roberto, you are obviously a proud latino, that is fine, please explain the source of your pride. Namely the world changing accomplishments of the proud Latino peoples. Did they invent the Airplane? Electricity? The Automobile? The Locomotive? Advancements in Medical Science? Space Travel? Computers? The Internet you are on right now? The Great Humanitarian Efforts like WWI and WWII to free the oppressed? Gunpowder? Nuclear Power? High Speed Rail Service? The Lightbulb? The Telephone? Fiber Optics? The Lazer? The Assembly Line? Space Probes? Orbiting Telescope? International Space Station? Hydro-Electric Power? Wind Power? Solar Power? The Fuel Cell? The Submarine? The Aircraft Carrier? The Cruise Ship? Satellites? The Cell Phone? Many different countries from around the world contributed to the world's greatest achievements listed above, please push back the frontiers of our ignorance and enlighten us to the many contributions Latinos have made to the World Society? Since your Latino heritage seems to be a great source of pride, it would greatly aid in the understanding between Latinos and Anglos if you would tell us what you are proud of! I am not trying to be provocative, I really want to know.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Could Roberto be a college professor somewhere!! Don't they have tenure after 10 years and can never be fired?

Jullikins...thanks for the nice words and WELCOME TO ALIPAC!!

Roberto, Americans own the United States; Americans decide what happens here; and Americans control what happens here.

I'm sorry Colombian Citizens have difficulty getting visas to the United States. I'm sure there are a large number of nice people who would like to visit our country and spend money as tourists. BUT, Colombia is also the source of many drugs which we are trying to keep out of the United States. I believe this makes it difficult, as it should, for Colombians to get visas...as they may not be coming to visit the Empire State Building or Grand Canyon. They might be trying to use tourist visas to run drugs into the United States. Restricting visas is just a means of trying to control that problem.

I'm glad too that Colombians are smart people. I had no idea they were any different or any better than anybody else. Obviously this information shows that because they are so smart they are a capable people. Thus, they would be very capable of taking care of their nation and their people such that migration into the US would be pointless.

"How can you soar with eagles, if you are surounded by turkeys".

Seems to me the Colombians could soar better in Colombia surrounded by all those "geniuses".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Defens,

I don't think they had anything to do with the Locomotive, but they got the Loco part down pat . . .

Re: A few questions to all of the members here from an obser

Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    Ok,
    I am not a supporter of "Open Borders", so to speak.
    YES YOU ARE!!!!!!!

Hi Roberto, you are obviously a proud latino, that is fine, please explain the source of your pride. Namely the world changing accomplishments of the proud Latino peoples. Did they invent the Airplane? Electricity? The Automobile? The Locomotive? Advancements in Medical Science? Space Travel? Computers? The Internet you are on right now? The Great Humanitarian Efforts like WWI and WWII to free the oppressed? Gunpowder? Nuclear Power? High Speed Rail Service? The Lightbulb? The Telephone? Fiber Optics? The Lazer? The Assembly Line? Space Probes? Orbiting Telescope? International Space Station? Hydro-Electric Power? Wind Power? Solar Power? The Fuel Cell? The Submarine? The Aircraft Carrier? The Cruise Ship? Satellites? The Cell Phone?
    And the Light Bulb!!

Defens, thanks so much for this post. It just reminds us once again HOW DARN COOL WE ARE!!

LETS RIDE, LETS ROCK, LETS ROLL, LETS DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET THESE TRAITORS OUT OF OUR GOVERNMENT AND RESTORE POLITICAL LAW AND ORDER IN THE UNITED STATES WHITE HOUSE, UNITED STATES CONGRESS AND UNITED STATES JUDICIARY!! The sooner we start, the sooner we'll get it done, and the sooner happy normal life in the USA will be ours once again.

We've got stuff to "invent" so we've got to get back to the amazing work of being Americans.... lets get this mess in Washington cleaned up NOW, so we can all get back to our work and our BBQs!!

Let's Ride.....

Let's Rock....

Let's Roll.....

Let's March......

Let's do Whatever It Takes to Clean up This Mess!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Someone should offer Roberto's job to an illegal for half the pay he receives. Then we would see how 'secure' his job is.

CP

Ya know, I've lived in the ultra-liberal Bay Area for the last 30 years, and I've been debating the illegal immigration issue in the public prints and over the radio airwaves for the last 15 years, with people who almost completely disagree with everything I say. I mention this because I certainly feel theres a place for open and honest discourse with people who respectfully disagree with eachother's opinions.

On the other hand, I draw the line with wasting much breath on dull, double-talkers like this Roberto fellow (please, Rob ole bean, spare me your hand-wringing at this terrible, terrible lack of "respect" on my part) who give you this line of double-talk: "Yes, I certainly don't support illegal immigration or open borders, and now let me tell you all the reason why I think endless millions of people should be allowed to flood across the borders of your country whenever they feel like it, because you don't 'own' this country and everybody else has just as much a right as you to come trampling into 'your' country as you do."

But the real reason why I draw the line with wasting breath on the Robertos of the world (and this post is addressed to the other people on this site, not him) is because they have nothing new to say, just the same old tired blather we've all heard a million times before. Its getting too late in the game to waste time with this crap. I'm all for debate, all for tryng to reach as many open-minded people as possible. But the situation as I see it is akin to being in a boat with a big hole in the bottom that is in fact sinking. And as we try to fix the hole, there will always be some double-talking b.s. artist who looks over at us and says: "We need to have an open and honest debate about the hole in the boat. My position is that we need to make the hole even BIGGER so that MORE water can come flooding into the boat, because, after all, we all know that good ole H20 is a good thing for human beings and therefore the bigger the hole the better it is for all of us. Would you care to respond."

To which the only sane response from my perspective is: "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY YOU STUPID DOUBLE-TALKING DUNCE, DON'T WASTE MY TIME OR INTERFERE WITH ME WHILE I TRY TO FIX OUR BOAT BEFORE IT SINKS, AND IF YOU THINK I'M JUST KIDDING, THEN TRY ME."

And, in my opinion, thats just about as much breath as I'll waste on "respectful" people like this Roberto windbag.

Roberto, I will admit I have not read all your posts. I don't think I can stomach it. But you seem to think our immigration policy is too restrictive. I'm certainly not sure if you will understand this analagy or not but here goes.

You as a resident of your home decides who, if anybody, gets to come inside of your home. ONLY the residents of your home gets to decide that. I am not allowed to decide to enter into your home. If I entered your house, I would be committing a crime. Likewise, someone would be committing a crime if they entered my home without my permission unless they have a proper seach warrant. My home has been entered illegally once before and trust me you don't want to be the next offender. I'm primed and I'm ready to act on being threatened.

That's the way it is concerning the issue of immigration. We legal residents get to decide when, how many, and who get to come in legally. Non-residents do not get to decide nor do they get to have any input in this decision. ONLY LEGALS AND MAJORITY RULES! This being a democracy or it should be, majority rules even if we legals or all illegals don't like it. If you don't like it, join the party, I don't like it the way it is currently either but we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this issue.

Bottom line is; if one is here without permission or not legally here, they are here illegally. It should not be open season on assets of this country by illegals but that is what is happening. Many of us are quite sensitized on this issue as you have already noticed. We are tired of being USED, MISUSED, AND ABUSED BY ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION AS WELL AS BEING IGNORED BY CERTAIN POLITICIANS. I wonder just how much those are being bribed for those to ignore us? I can't wait to use my hands and brain at the voting station next chance I get. I don't think I'll be the only one exerising my privilage on this issue.

If it were up to me, I would suspend legal immigration until we got this disaster straightened out and only restart after additional restrictions were in place, border secured, and adaquate manpower enforcement was available. Just because you or anyone else thinks our immigration policy is too restrictive, that does not give illegals permission to be above the law and come in illegally and stay and make themselves at home.

But, I am not in charge of immigration policy. So until it is changed, current policy stays in place.

LEGAL IMMIGRATION INTO THE US IS A PRIVILAGE, NOT A RIGHT. GET IT? IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU OR I THINK ABOUT IT, IT STANDS UNTIL IT IS CHANGED BY LAWFUL MANOR. IF ILLEGALS DON'T LIKE IT, THEY CAN AND SHOULD GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

My guess is this went straight over your head also......

I also would like to know why you think no one can take your job. Do you work for the ACLU?
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

roberto

INSTIGATER!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU AREN'T HAPPY IN THEIR OWN RIGHT, UNTIL THEY BRING OUT THE WORST IN EVERYBODY! IT MAKES THEM FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEIR OWN MISERABLE LITTLE SELVES.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: roberto

I appologize if I did not make myself clear..

as I mentioned...
    I am not for open borders...
    I do not think it is OK for people to be here illegally
    I DO think people need to learn english

I understand that mostly everyone here is not against Legal Immigration

but basically my point is this:

It is so hard for some good people to come here on a tourist visa for example. And I know it is harder for people to legally immigrate here. I just think that if you are making a stance on closing the borders , that is fine, but I think there problem bigger than that. In MY OPINION, I think the borders should be closed, BUT I also think that the government should come up with a better way of allowing the GOOD psople in here as tourists or students or whatever. Basically, what I am saying is temporary visas.
    It truely hurts me when I see many people that I know personally, have tried numerous times to VISIT family members in the US and get denied just because of the people out ther who do not respect the laws. I have many friends in Colombia, Peru, Venezuela... and my wife is Colombian. We can visit Colombia whenever we want... no questions asked. But they can not do the same.. I am sorry, but that does bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I held back from responding, because I tend to get alittle hot-head on the illegal immigration subject.
    America cannot keep allowing people from all over the world to enter our country illegally. Its getting too crowded in here, and it makes it hard to share the scarce amount of resources that we have left, with a bunch of strangers. We dont know where everyone is from, or what there intentions are. Why cant all the people from around the world, make their countries better places to live? America cannot keep being responsible for tking care of everyone's needs.
    Our history, culture, language, and heritage, is being smothered by a swarm of illegal aliens that have no intention of assimiliting.
    You say that you aren't really for open borders, but why are you defending positions, i.e. Pedro, blahbllahblah.
    Not one person on this forum, to the best of my knowledge, has been against Legal Immigration. So what is your argument?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast