Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The ice cracking? No, I am just giving credit and respect to the people on this board who can have an intellegent and peaceful conversation. That is all... I asked a few simple questions and in return I got hit with a lot of angry comments and ignorance. I respect people who can have an intellegent conversation... and, I made a comment about the "many ignorant responses" I have received. So, I felt is was fair to pint out that I do not feel this way about everyone on this board.

I can respect someone even though I have a difference of opinion with that person. Some people can not.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    I also must say... many educated responses as well.

Yes, many ignorant responses that push the same point that I already stated numerous times that I do not support....

Quote Originally Posted by StraightShooter
    Roberto, I am more convinced than ever you don't even have a clue even with all the response on this website. You are about the same level on immigration as some of our elected official in DC.

I want to see just how far you can walk on thin ice before you fall through........
    What a trip man....... I think I hear the ice cracking now.......

Bootsie, I happen to agree with you on that point.
    I appologize if I have come across harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    Sorry to disappoint you, Roberto but I do speak both Spanish and French. I choose to use those languages when I visit the countries where those languages are the mother tongue. In America, we CHOOSE to speak English and those of us in our group have a major problem with immigrants--whether they are legal OR illegal--coming to our country and availing themselves of all of the opportunities while refusing to speak our language. They seem to feel they have the right to speak their own language and DEMAND that we accomodate them. That is where we choose to draw the line. We firmly believe that NO documents should be made available to these people in Spanish and we believe that our taxpayer dollars could be much better spent than providing all services in Spanish as well as English. So, for ANY immigrant who chooses to come to the US, we think that the very first thing they should do is master our language. Until they do that, we don't feel they are entitled to any of our BENEVOLENCE.

Oh.. so I guess in your mind Central and South America arent part of this world right? uh.... ok
    Hey Roberto, I come from South america. Chile, to be exact and where do you get off talking about the place like you have lived there. I came here from Chile when I was a toddler and go back on vacation every year. YOu seem to be missing the point. We are talking about illegal immigration not legal. My family came here legally so why shouldn't everyone else from central america, south america and mexico have to do the same? AS it is Chile, is facing illegal immigration problems from it's south american neighbors. Are you saying that Chile should put up with the problems its neighbors in Peru, bolivia and Ecuador are giving them. I dont think so. It seems to me that you are one of those elite that wish to advocate and exploit cheap labor from latin america.

You have no clue....

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    you obviously don't know many people from South and Central America. I personally know many.
    Your statement referred to the "people of the world", not people from South and Central America.

Go ahead, look it up.

And "the people of the world" are allowed to immigrate here legally.

So what's your point?

Or is it the "legal" part that bugs you?

where do you get off talking about the place like you have lived there.
    Um.. because I have lived there! Could that be why?

FYI I lived in Colombia for years..

and, you say that you go back to Chile on vacation every year.. Tell me something.. Do you think that a Colombian can come to the US on vacation every year as easily as you do? Or even as easily as I can go to Colombia on vacation every month? And I am a US Citizen .. born and raised here.

Quote Originally Posted by sonali
    Oh.. so I guess in your mind Central and South America arent part of this world right? uh.... ok
    Hey Roberto, I come from South america. Chile, to be exact and where do you get off talking about the place like you have lived there. I came here from Chile when I was a toddler and go back on vacation every year. YOu seem to be missing the point. We are talking about illegal immigration not legal. My family came here legally so why shouldn't everyone else from central america, south america and mexico have to do the same? AS it is Chile, is facing illegal immigration problems from it's south american neighbors. Are you saying that Chile should put up with the problems its neighbors in Peru, bolivia and Ecuador are giving them. I dont think so. It seems to me that you are one of those elite that wish to advocate and exploit cheap labor from latin america.

You have no clue....

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    you obviously don't know many people from South and Central America. I personally know many.
    Your statement referred to the "people of the world", not people from South and Central America.

Go ahead, look it up.

And "the people of the world" are allowed to immigrate here legally.

So what's your point?

Or is it the "legal" part that bugs you?

Gee, maybe because Chile is not a country of interest like Colombia. Maybe we dont have all the problems Colombia is having. Maybe because unlike a lot of the other latin american countries, Chile chose to build itself up and become much more civilized and now I believe also that Jose MIguel Insulza is the new secretary general of the OAS. I wonder why. Colombia is way too corrupt. CAn you say DUH!! I dont think we have american soldiers by the hundreds in Chile as we have in Colombia. Maybe if the rest of latin america worked on bettering themselves and tried educating themselves and possible questioning their government, maybe just maybe they could get ahead like Chile has.

Oh, one more thing I have noticed amongst my central and south american brethren, is that instead of standing up to their government, they run away to the U.S. I believe the Chileans overthrew the communist leader allende. I don't see what good has been done in Colombia. Hell, the war on drugs-the 3 billion dollars we have spent over there in an effort to destroy coca is a big joke. Did you know Mexico is the biggest exporter of cocaine in the world now? Sorry, if it offends you that a chilean can come over here LEGALLY. Sorry, if it offends you that the chileans wish not to be sucked into the slave labor wages that some of the other south and central american people wish to be sucked into. Sorry, if you are so offended that a south american chooses to side with his adopted country. I see right through you. The only reason you are speaking for these people is because you know what a cheap source of labor they can be used for. I dont believe you care about these people in central and south america one bit.

Visa

The number of visa's are limited for good reason. If someone applies for citizenship legally, I would be willing to help them in any way I can. I doubt many illegal immigrants fit into any of the categories below and that is why they are here illegally.

Visa Eligibility

People who want to become immigrants are divided into categories based on a preference system. The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the application filed for them is approved by the USCIS. An immigrant visa number will be immediately available for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. The relatives in the remaining categories must wait for a visa to become available according to the following preferences:

First Preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens. Adult means 21 years of age or older.

Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, and the unmarried sons and daughters (regardless of age) of lawful permanent residents and their children.

Third Preference: Married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens, their spouses and their minor children.

Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens, their spouses and their minor children.

All people who want to become immigrants based on employment must wait for an immigrant visa number to become available according to the following preferences:

First Preference: Priority Workers including aliens with extraordinary abilities, outstanding professors and researchers, and certain multinational executives and managers.

Second Preference: Members of Professions Holding Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability.
    Third Preference: Skilled Workers, professionals and other qualified workers.

Fourth: Certain special immigrants including those in religious vocations.

Fifth: Employment Creation Immigrants.

You obviously don't know Colombians. Is there corruption? Yes. But there is also coruption right here in the US.

NASA Neuroscience Director, Rodolfo Llinas is Colombian
    Colombia has a flawless record of paying external debts on time

oh wait theres more.. since Chile is SOOO much more educated then why..

is Colombia the first in the WORLD in Geniuses per capita ??? hmmm
    and
    The highest scores for PhD programs in US are achieved by Colombian students

OOps that hurts.. doesnt it?

http://www.theotherlookofcolombia.com/

Gee, maybe because Chile is not a country of interest like Colombia. Maybe we dont have all the problems Colombia is having. Maybe because unlike a lot of the other latin american countries, Chile chose to build itself up and become much more civilized and now I believe also that Jose MIguel Insulza is the new secretary general of the OAS. I wonder why. Colombia is way too corrupt. CAn you say DUH!! I dont think we have american soldiers by the hundreds in Chile as we have in Colombia. Maybe if the rest of latin america worked on bettering themselves and tried educating themselves and possible questioning their government, maybe just maybe they could get ahead like Chile has.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. My father had special skills. We also were able to show we had properties or collateral. We were not rich but my father worked away from home as a merchant marine for up to two years at a time and saved his money. OH, one more thing Roberto, most chileans dont come over here to mooch off the system.

Cheap labor? jeje
    You're the one that says.. I go to Chile on vacation every year.. Its ok for you right? Do as I say. Not as I do!

My wife and inlaws are Colombian.... wait...

ohhh.. that means my son is also Colombian..

yeah.. Im definately going to use him for cheap labor..

get a clue.

Oh, one more thing I have noticed amongst my central and south american brethren, is that instead of standing up to their government, they run away to the U.S. I believe the Chileans overthrew the communist leader allende. I don't see what good has been done in Colombia. Hell, the war on drugs-the 3 billion dollars we have spent over there in an effort to destroy coca is a big joke. Did you know Mexico is the biggest exporter of cocaine in the world now? Sorry, if it offends you that a chilean can come over here LEGALLY. Sorry, if it offends you that the chileans wish not to be sucked into the slave labor wages that some of the other south and central american people wish to be sucked into. Sorry, if you are so offended that a south american chooses to side with his adopted country. I see right through you. The only reason you are speaking for these people is because you know what a cheap source of labor they can be used for. I dont believe you care about these people in central and south america one bit.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast