Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I wont disagree with you there, we do have some educated colombians here but it is still a country of interest which is why it is harder for colombians to come over here. So what about paying external debts, compare their economy and success to Chile. Chile has been called many times, "a rare success story in that region". Please, tell me when will the same be said of colombia? Anyway, we are talking about legal and illegal. Dont you think Colombia should start working on their problems as should the rest of central and south america? Why do they insist on running away from everything. Some of those countries are still fighting like crazy with their natives. I dont think that the burden of overpopulation, welfare-by the way, are you aware that illegal immigration is causing hospitals to go bankrupt? Do you think it is fair that americans and LEGAL immigrants share the burden of this. HOwever, I suppose in your eyes, we should keep being nice to everyone who wants a better life even if they cant obtain it legally, we should allow them to come over here and practice irresponsible breeding, etc. People like you are starting to tell me more and more that this is not the america I came to. All the latino activist groups are catering to latinos saying, "you dont have to learn english". Why do you think they do this? Duh! They want to keep latinos poor and impoverished.

I am not going to start an international debate between chile and colombia. If you really consider yourself an american than you would want these people to integrate and assimilate.

Well, speaking about integrating, You can look at a post of mine on this page. I did say that I agree with a statement that someone said in regards to people having to learn english here. I agree with that.

And.. to be honest with you, I consider myself a human before anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sonali
    I am not going to start an international debate between chile and colombia. If you really consider yourself an american than you would want these people to integrate and assimilate.

I apologize if I do not respond now.. I am not ignoring you...

I have to go now.
    Have a good night.

roberto

I held back from responding, because I tend to get alittle hot-head on the illegal immigration subject.
    America cannot keep allowing people from all over the world to enter our country illegally. Its getting too crowded in here, and it makes it hard to share the scarce amount of resources that we have left, with a bunch of strangers. We dont know where everyone is from, or what there intentions are. Why cant all the people from around the world, make their countries better places to live? America cannot keep being responsible for tking care of everyone's needs.
    Our history, culture, language, and heritage, is being smothered by a swarm of illegal aliens that have no intention of assimiliting.
    You say that you aren't really for open borders, but why are you defending positions, i.e. Pedro, blahbllahblah.
    Not one person on this forum, to the best of my knowledge, has been against Legal Immigration. So what is your argument?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi Roberto, Welcome, although you have 32 posts so I guess you've been posting for awhile.

Roberto, I read your first post a couple of days ago, and I haven't read all the posts since, but have read a few.

As you know, what we're really fighting here is illegal immigration, and from what you've said, I believe that you are in agreement with us on that. As far as legal immigration, I believe you are saying that it is very hard to come to America legally.

Roberto, as you know there are stringent rules to come to America legally, and I would like to think that you would agree with that too, as just about the entire planet would like to make the USA their home. There must be stringent rules and laws in place. The main thing is, that the USA has had SO MUCH immigration that we have impinged heavily on our country's culture and language, as many people are not assimilating, learning the language, etc. It is not to say that Americans don't believe in immigration, of course we do. It is also not to say that Americans don't like people from other countries. That would be an untrue and unfair statement as well. (I am not trying to indicate that you said that, but as a typical American I am clarifying that again.)

I think Roberto, that if you would just walk a mile in the shoes of millions of Americans and understand that we are tired of having people come to America, and putting off or never learning our language....well, we are tired of those things. Because we have had SO MUCH immigration, people can come and move into neighborhoods and communities and because our government has bent over backwards trying to assist these people by having all forms etc, in multiple languages, it isn't even necessary for immigrants to America to Americanize themselves. The American people overall would love nothing more than to reach out to immigrants and say "WELCOME". Roberto, the American people are like that, we would bend over backwards for immigrants if our culture, language and country itself were shown some respect. Things can't go on like this, the American people have had it. I sincerely hope, you will do what I've asked...just walk a mile in our shoes. I believe that you do know where we are coming from and where we are going. I hope you will come with us, and help us for the sake of your children and grandchildren.

P.S. I'm sure that we need to look closely at the current laws regarding immigration, but FIRST, Roberto, illegal immigration must be dealt with.

Thank you, Roberto.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by roberto
    Cheap labor? jeje
    You're the one that says.. I go to Chile on vacation every year.. Its ok for you right? Do as I say. Not as I do!

My wife and inlaws are Colombian.... wait...

ohhh.. that means my son is also Colombian..

yeah.. Im definately going to use him for cheap labor..

get a clue.

Wait a sec!!! You mean to tell me that columbians and others are NOT taking just the low paying jobs that Americans do not wanna do?

Interesting....

Roberto,

Dont confuse anger for ignorance. Im disappointed you did not respond to my post directly to you.

You may be concerned about Visa's but I can assure you that the American public is in no mood for Visa expansions at this time due to the rampant abuse of our borders and existing visa programs.

This is not Mexico, this is not Sudan nor Iraq nor China. This is the United States of America. The nation belongs to the people via the constitution and our laws. Our laws say that you cant enter without permission. The people say you can't enter without permission. Around 3 million non-Americans are defying our will and our laws per year and you may not feel that anyone needs our permission or should respect our laws, but we do.

We are in a race againt time because the slight anger you see here on this board is nothing compared to the rage building up in America. ALIPAC seeks to channel that anger into legal and civic minded activities to restore lawful behavior in regard to immigration.

Should we fail, and this is my personal opinion only... I think all hell is going to break lose. We all want to avoid that, but Americans will not allow our nation to be taken away from us without a fight.

If the laws are obeyed and enforced, our constitution honored, and the oaths of those in office are adhered to then this situation will be resolved in a humane and civilized way.

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You pridefully state that you live by a high moral standard. Well ... eggskose me!

Then you stick your foot in your mouth and eradicate your piety by your statement:

Typical Ignorant Ass = Sixx
    That's really highly moral, isn't it? <sarcasm!>

Because you disagree with Sixx does not give you the right to label him an "ass."

I disagree with people but I attempt to keep my comments civil.

I won't resort to calling them asses. I read the rules when I joined up here. I think name-calling is against the rules.

- as it should be!

Roberto? You are 100% certain that NO ONE can take YOUR JOB?? I'd be really surprised if you HAVE one.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast